Why are these assholes slinging around the word "RACIST" so easily?

B_letsCUMtogether

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I agree 100% ALL Republicans are racists--just like Archie Bunker--they are the worst racists in the world. And whats worse is they are either cold blooded racists especialy behind closed doors--they say things that would make your flesh crawl--or whats worse is the other type of Republican are so much in denial that they honestly don't even realize they are racists!!! Just ask any Republican this--Would you allow your white daughter marry a black man--and they ALL will say HELL NO!!!! And if they say otherwise they are pure LIERS!! Just look in their closet and they will pull out their hood for their next meeting.......

Republicans can't be racist because Lincoln was a Republican and he freed the slaves (and ixnay on the whole, "ship them off to Liberia," thing).

Sure, you just can't prove it. It's code-speak designed to attract and keep racists in the fold with a wink and a nod. It's grotesque and, if the Republicans continue to allow these people to speak for them, will doom their party. The demographics of this country are going to do that whether the GOP (and the Dems) want it or not. It will have little to do with economic status, education, or location and everything to do with race as whites continue to decline in proportion to other races. Even without the racist innuendo, the GOP is going to struggle in a losing battle unless it completely revamps and co-opts a number of Democratic planks.

The problem is, I don't see a potential leader among the GOP who can do that. Steele becomes more of a joke by the minute as this birther crap continues to grow.

sparky11point5

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I believe most people are still essentially "racist" -- meaning that they perceive another person's interests, attitudes, and capabilities based on physical characteristics such as skin color. First, this has no real basis in biology. The genetic differences between people of different races are extremely slight. Yet, culture can be more significant, and people will always look for differences and reasons to discriminate.

That said, the problem is when you see everything in terms of race and not individuals. Barack Obama by any measure has achieved a lot in his lifetime, academically and politically. However, he still has to endure mindless blather about this citizenship. (His father was Kenyan! OMG! Take back our Country!) Obama speaks candidly about an unnecessary arrest, and he gets pummeled as being arrogant or a racist himself.

(I see the Gates incident as a police power issue, btw. I don't think anyone should be arrested for being a jerk in their own home, which is not against the law, at least in Massachusetts. Of course, cops want to use 'disorderly conduct' whenever they see fit, but it does not mean it was justified. I agree with Obama, it was stupid, but race was a side issue.)

Judge Sotomayor is an accomplished jurist, yet she was subjected to stupid invective from a real racist about a few speeches out of context. A 17 year judicial record? That does not matter to the small-minded. Let's talk about this 'wise Latina' speech because we know this reveals the true racist in you.

I try to understand (within limits) the frustration African Americans and Latinos must feels sometimes. No matter what you achieve in life, you will still be held to an extraordinary standard. Say anything, anything that can be construed as defensive or related to race, and we will teach you a lesson you will never forget. I think this is the more destructive and prevalent racism of today. If we really wanted a meritocracy, we'd not be so focused on skin color and what we think are the implications of race.

Sparky

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Have you ever considered that maybe those people are paid to insert "reverse racism" and "racist person of color" in their broadcasts? These days, true prejudiced people/racists aren't going to spew any derogatories at a targeted group...they are going to assassinate your character and psychologically undermine you.

Nothing a person of color does will ever be good or great enough.

Last edited:

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
WTF!! Without a doubt the worst definition possible.

So, you disagree with the DICTIONARY DEFINITION?
I take it you can do better somehow?
Racism Definition | Definition of Racism at Dictionary.com

Look at definition #1, and let me know if it's still the worst out there, OK? :rolleyes:

And just in case you think that dictionary is somehow flawed, here's another: racism - Definition from the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary

Is that what they teach in NY??

They better. I would much rather have my school use dictionary definitions of words and not just someone's personal beliefs. The question is, what would you teach if it was up to you? I mean, since two dictionary definitions from two different sources are just not up to the lofty standards that you've allowed yourself to become custom to?

If that defines a racist than I dare you to find one person or group of people that doesn't fall into that category.

I mean, everyone here should be smart enough to know what "racism" means: A belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human races determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to rule others.

It does. And you're looking at one so your search didn't have to go far. However, what were you expecting in pertaining to finding a group? I'm only one person and I can only speak for myself.

I don't believe that one race is superior to another. People are molded by their surroundings and the way they are raised at home and their neighborhood. That usually determines whether or not someone excels school, sports, singing, etc... As much as I love Science & Technology, I don't believe there to be any conclusive evidence of a scientific trait that suggests that blacks are better than whites at sports (although "White Men Can't Jump" is a funny movie), or Asians are smarter than everyone else in academics. If anything, as time goes by and newer generations pass I know that more people coincide less with these archaic beliefs. It's only a small number of people who live their lives in this manner so why should their actions define an entire group of people? Because of that, I tend to look at everyone as individuals instead of one large community. When I believe someone to be "racist", that label only applies to them. But that's just how I live and I can't speak for anyone else.

And it's hard to ultimately decide that one particular race is somehow better than the other in this regard, ESPECIALLY when you're prone to see it from many different sides. You want to experiment for yourself? Just be in a gay, interracial, intergenerational relationship and I'm sure you'll see plenty of resentment & ignorance from the closed minded fringe regardless of their skin color. :rolleyes: :cool:

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
You want to experiment for yourself? Just be in a gay, interracial, intergenerational relationship and I'm sure you'll see plenty of resentment & ignorance from the closed minded fringe regardless of their skin color. :rolleyes: :cool:

Oh, and if you really want to get them pissed off and set their phasers to 'KILL': Wear a "I LOVE AND $UPPORT THE DIXIE CHICKS" and have your partner wear a "OBAMA" T-Shirt.

B_625girth

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
what is really ironic is that black folks are the bigger rascists sometimes. I have run into some that hate ALL white people, HATE everybody except blacks, AND even treat their own by how dark or light they are.

I can understand hating white folks. I hate 1/2 my own anyway. I am white. But try to keep an open mind, cuz I do, we meet in the middle and work shit out.

we had the coolest neighbor were I used to live. she was black. she wanted to go over to my house and drink coffee in the morning and hang out, and vice versa. but we could not do that, because other blacks would see her or us going into her house, and "uncle tom" her, ban her, Ofay watchers was looking.

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Well, what has been my own personal experience when attempting to label a black person (and on occasion, other visible minorities as well) as racist, I get a horrible backlash and a whole tirade consisting of, "I'm black, I can't be racist." This isn't always the case, but it has become the norm (in my experience, that is). So, it's not even about disliking being labeled as "racist", it's about the belief that as a visible minority, one simply cannot be racist. It's ignorant, absurd and just as backwards as using racial slurs as terms of endearment.

Ironical, racism doesn't "discriminate" when it comes to affecting people. No one race is "null and void" of the term. Again, I just think most people don't like to be called that especially ones that already have it tough as it is.

As for using a "racial term" as a term of endearment (as in the case of the N-word), I think that's more of a defense mechanism to try and turn a hateful word into something that doesn't hurt as much. KRS-One made a great statement on that when he was on the Hot Seat on Hannity. Check it out on YouTube.

D_Stanford Dedwillie III

Just Browsing
Media
I agree 100% ALL Republicans are racists--just like Archie Bunker--they are the worst racists in the world. And whats worse is they are either cold blooded racists especialy behind closed doors--they say things that would make your flesh crawl--or whats worse is the other type of Republican are so much in denial that they honestly don't even realize they are racists!!! Just ask any Republican this--Would you allow your white daughter marry a black man--and they ALL will say HELL NO!!!! And if they say otherwise they are pure LIERS!! Just look in their closet and they will pull out their hood for their next meeting.......

This is ridiculous.

To point out that all members of a political party are inherently racist is to suggest that racism is a platform of the party. What leads people to this conclusion?

As a member of the Libertarian Party, I have some real problems with both the far left and far right, and I probably fall a little right of center. But painting an entire party as racist is over the top and wreaks of paranoia.

The far right is plagued with holier-than-thou hypocrites and mindless religious freaks...but are they any worse than the far-left faction that consistently takes sides with everyone and everything except America in nearly every scenario - wars, illegal immigration, international policy, terrorism, et al?

If an alien were to be thrust onto Earth, having no experience with any race and blend into our society for one year, what do you think it would conclude from watching the news for several months?

Which race(s) are most likely to commit violent crimes?

Which race(s) are most likely to force their religious views on others?

Many people seem to cling to 'racism' as a definition of perceived behavior - but more often than not it relates to an economic class issue; not a skin color issue.

D_Ireonsyd_Colonrinse

Experimental Member
Media
On a conservative website, WorldNetDaily, there is a store to purchase politically conservative items.

Many political websites have stores that sell bumper stickers and coffee mugs and that kind of thing.

This conservative website has an entire page called "The Birth Certificate Store", which you can check out here:

Superstore.WND.com - A WorldNetDaily Exclusive!

Magnetic bumper stickers are for sale, yard signs, books which ask the question: "Why won't Barack Obama release publicly the long-form birth certificate he claims to have from the state of Hawaii?"

Kayden96

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
this is so true, even if someone isn't overtly racist most of us aren't "colorblind" yet. each generation seems to move a little closer to being "colorblind". i think it's a good thing, though some interesting cultural differences will be lost in the process of homogenization.

** i realize you were using the word "blind" in a different context than my use of "colorblind".

The whole process would go a lot smoother if we didn't have things like reverse racism. Instead of telling people they have to like Jose because he's a person, they say you have to like him because he's a Mexican and to not like him would be racist. Which adds a new layer of fun because now you can't dislike minorities period. If you live next to a black family that blasts rap music with max base at 3am, and you hate them for being inconsiderate fucks, you're automatically racist.

Any disagreement is treated as a racial issue instead of a someone-is-an-asshole issue.

I'm not racist, but I absolutely loathe people that personify stereotypes.

D_Ireonsyd_Colonrinse

Experimental Member
Media
Notice that the political idealogues who yell "Racist!" at Obama (like Glenn Beck) tend to be the same people that are outraged at Obama's supposed lack of a valid birth certificate.

Whenever whacked conservative fringe "protesters" attempt to bomb an abortion clinic, or yell out "Kill him!" (meaning kill Obama) at a political rally, or try to convince us that Obama is not a citizen, the more moderate conservatives will say "They do not represent our party!" --- But, increasingly, it seems to me that all this is connected.... Calling Obama a "terrorist" or "racist" (educated at a "radical islamic madrassa"), showing support for that radical who gunned down the abortion doctor in church, the "English Only" signs that start popping up whenever a new immigration debate opens up, the Sotomayor attacks of "reverse racism" (usually perpetrated by de facto racists)....

I thought this country had largely worked out its racial and xenophobic issues in the 1960's and 1970's, but clearly there is a very large minority of white people drawn to the conservative party because they feel threatened by the changing demographics.

A rising hispanic and african-american population. Interracial children. Women usurping men in traditionally male jobs. Gays getting equal rights and adopting children and marrying. And this is just a part of it.

It's a new world out there. A New America.

And the traditionalists cannot help but feel threatened.

mikeyh9in

Cherished Member
Media
San Francisco (California, United States)
I am willing to bet that the folks in the media yelling "racism" have *never* experienced hate from people simple for being who they are in society.

A lot of time subtle things ... your eye contact, the checking to make sure wallet is still in your back pocket, crossing the street to the other side to avoid getting to close to someone ... You believe it is not noticed, it is.

A lot of times it isn't so subtle ... the way the police make assumptions -- see the Gates case, but also check YouTube for Police abuses -- do you think that these things only started when YouTube started? ... these Police abuses have been going on for a very long time.

Hate is Hate -- Racism is an organized form of it. It continues to amaze me that it is usually the self described "christians" who are the ones that support this hate.

Throwing the word Racism around like Glenn Beck, Limbaugh, etc. do diminishes the true racism that Blacks, Asians, Latinos, etc. experience everyday.

dude252007

1st Like
Media
Case in point:

If a minority calls a white person a racist we would talk about weather that white person is racist. Following that logic if a white person calls a minority a racist we should discuss if that minority is a racist. What has happened here? We still ended up talking about if white people are racist. So it seems people think only whites can be racist.