Why are they so complicated?

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by caffecaffe, Sep 20, 2007.

1. caffecaffe

caffecaffe New Member

Well... I'm not used to post in here very personnal issues... but in that case i want to know if you guys think the same. Do woman really do games with us??

The story is:
    I'm really into a girl. We talk a lot... we have fun a lot, but nothing happened yet. the problem is... by SMS she seems to be as interested in me as i'm interested in her. When i'm with her she seems to forget everything we say by SMS. When i try to be closer to her she takes it like a funny joke. But when i talk to other girls she look me in a strange way.
    So... what is in her head???

Any simmillar situations?

2. burns1de

Gold Member

I've been there, dude. Get the fuck away from this woman ASAP. She is possessive, self-centered and jealous, which probably stems from serious self-esteem issues. Most likely, she's using you as an emotional kickstand when she has a need, and she practically ignores you when it pleases her. Total manipulation.

I know I'm passing judgment on someone I don't know and I've never met, but what you've just described, I've seen it often and I've lived it in the past. Those relationships NEVER end well and they leave deep scars.

Always look for reciprocity in a relationship. That's now what I'm doing. I hope you take the right decision, man.

3. Osiris

Gold Member

Judging by you being 19, I would assume she is younger and I would have to say she is playing coy games. Some girls get off knowing they can get a guy all hot and horny over the net or via SMS.

It's either put up or shut up. If she keeps doing this, find someone else and ditch the kid stuff.

4. B_Hung Jon

B_Hung Jon New Member

Burns1de gives the best advice. If the relationship isn't equal and reciprocal in every way, then it'll cause you a lot of grief.

5. VeeP

Gold Member

Albums:
    Forget about the cyber-persona as it's the real one that counts in the end. In your situation the incongruity between the two is a big RED flag, IMHO.

6. SpeedoGuy

Gold Member

Albums:
    I'd echo what Burns1de said.

Run the other way, fast. Life's too short to get ensnared in other people's head trips.

7. Principessa

Gold Member

Listen to these guys, they are correct. I hope this doesn't leave you too jaded. Not all women are like her. Some of us (like myself) are quite nice and wear our hearts on our sleeve.

8. Osiris

Gold Member

That's the point. She isn't a woman yet. She is a girl and girls play kid's head games. Like everyone has said, leave her. There are more and better out there. Believe that.

9. wldhoney

Gold Member

Albums:
    What is SMS?

10. No_Strings

Gold Member

The wise man has spoketh. :smile:

11. Principessa

Gold Member

Text messaging via cell phone

12. wldhoney

Gold Member

Albums:

Laughing.....thanks! I have never heard it called that before. In fact, I only learned how to text message and started using my cell phone for anything but emergencies about a year and a half ago. When I'm not at work, phones, etc., are off. I've had friends show up at my house po'd because they were trying to reach me.....:rolleyes:

13. LemacST

Gold Member

Totally agree with this.

14. VeeP

Gold Member

Albums:
    And thank goodness for that. :flowers1:

15. burns1de

Gold Member

LOL, you are such a technology newbie... it's cute, I like it. :wink:

16. D_Theramenus_Twoglands

one of my buddies msn name is "Its sad when someones relationship consists of 90% texting and only 10% actually doing stuff.

texting is how me and my current girlfriend got together. it all started out with the dirty texts back and fourth. but now i find it kind of annoying because she uses text messages to say stuff that she can't say in person. for example, her feelings!

17. VeeP

Gold Member

Albums:
    Hmm... I'd say your buddy is right. Seems the OP may be in that boat.

18. whatireallywant

Gold Member

And I'm kind of an oddball here... I'm a computer programmer, but I have yet to own a cell phone! (I will be getting one - one of the pre-pay kind - this week, though.) I have no idea how to do text messages! :eek:

19. wldhoney

Gold Member

Albums:
    As you already know, I'm like nerd that doesn't know the things a nerd should know! :rolleyes:

Caffecaffe, she is sending mixed messages. It's possible she is trying to read you and thinks she is receiving mixed ones herself, such as when you interact with other girls.

I would just bite the bullet and flat out ask her, thru a text or face to face. I like you and want to date you. You?

20. D_Kay_Sarah_Sarah

D_Kay_Sarah_Sarah Account Disabled

Im with the crowd on this. But give her the benefit of the doubt and ask her when she wants thing to go between the 2 of you, but DONT judge how she feels based on SMS, everyone gets a little braver and flirtatious when it isnt face to face and they have a buffer of time and distance

Draft saved Draft deleted