"Why are you gay" @ Yankee Stadium

gjorg

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Then I'm not gay. :smile:

Wake up brothers. Wake up. You need to speak their language to get anything thru their thick heads. IN YOUR FACE VIOLENCE.
The other poster was being sarcastic. Don't be an a-hole, violence causes more violence. I kicked plenty of ass in my day when I had to,but in a stadium you are on camera(or someones cell) and can be charged with assault or starting a riot if you throw the first punch. Even the douche bags singing the song know better than to touch the other guys.I can fight Mary believe me but I am not stupid.

fortiesfun

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
No one is debating that the song was crass and that the Sox fans didn't really need to be subjected to it. The point is that the video is not nearly as offensive as it would be if they knew the guys to be gay.
Thanks, Emily Post. Now me, I would have found it offensive, but I am delighted to know that there is an official scale of what's offensive and you are in charge of it. On your word alone, I am now over it.

Yes, in an ideal world "gay" would not be used as an insult, but this is not the world in which we live. Grow some thicker skin and stop taking everything so personally.
Hear, hear, dildo-for-brains. You tell 'em, fucktard, which (in my ideal world) is not an insult.

q'thulu

Just Browsing
Media
Thanks, Emily Post. Now me, I would have found it offensive, but I am delighted to know that there is an official scale of what's offensive and you are in charge of it. On your word alone, I am now over it.
If you found the taunting of Red Sox fans to be equally offensive as the taunting of actual gay people then you've already proven my point.
Hear, hear, dildo-for-brains. You tell 'em, fucktard, which (in my ideal world) is not an insult.
I never said "gay" wasn't an insult. I said that in an ideal world it wouldn't be used but we don't live in an ideal world. Learn to read.

Matthew

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Wake up brothers. Wake up. You need to speak their language to get anything thru their thick heads. IN YOUR FACE VIOLENCE.

Can you imagine? I wonder if the shame of getting beat up by a faggot would drive them to suicide. One can only hope.

I said that in an ideal world it wouldn't be used but we don't live in an ideal world.

We don't??? What a fount of wisdom you are. Don't stop your work at LPSG -- I think you should write a manual for queers, so we will know when it's OK to be offended.

rugbyscott

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
relax, there just having fun, and who the fuck knows, these guys likely aren't even gay, they are likely just being hazed or something... everybody does stupid things, its when the rest of the universe tries to analyse it that things get really stupid. relax.

B_Think_Kink

Sexy Member
Media
If you found the taunting of Red Sox fans to be equally offensive as the taunting of actual gay people then you've already proven my point. I never said "gay" wasn't an insult. I said that in an ideal world it wouldn't be used but we don't live in an ideal world. Learn to read.
You seriously need to slam your head in a door. Get a grip eh? I think every person has the right to be offended by whatever they feel offends them.. why are you trying to dictate what is offensive or not. Go suck a dick sheesh.

Dr S

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I'm all for equal rights, but homosexuality will never be 100% acceptable to all people, it's fact, some people (like me) don't think it's right, but the majority of most people, will get on with it.
Can I suggest a couple of modules, maybe in logic and statistics? But perhaps I'm at the wrong end of the educational spectrum here ... maybe you should just start with learning to read and write. Don't worry about learning to think ... that might come later.

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
The other poster was being sarcastic. Don't be an a-hole, violence causes more violence. I kicked plenty of ass in my day when I had to,but in a stadium you are on camera(or someones cell) and can be charged with assault or starting a riot if you throw the first punch. Even the douche bags singing the song know better than to touch the other guys.I can fight Mary believe me but I am not stupid.

I'd rather be stupid and keep my dignity than be smart and have it taken away. That's just me. To each his own.

To sit there and be emasculated is beyond MY tolerance of civility and restraint. I think gay bashers do these things to gay men because they know they can get away with it. Would they do this two 2 black brothers, or bull dykes? - not likely because they know they will get the shit kicked out of them. It amazes me how gay men tolerate such utter bullshit and rationalize it somehow.

BTW -Daveyr is a good guy and I realize he was saying that in jest.

DaveyR

Retired Moderator
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'd rather be stupid and keep my dignity than be smart and have it taken away. That's just me. To each his own.

To sit there and be emasculated is beyond MY tolerance of civility and restraint. I think gay bashers do these things to gay men because they know they can get away with it. Would they do this two 2 black brothers, or bull dykes? - not likely because they know they will get the shit kicked out of them. It amazes me how gay men tolerate such utter bullshit and rationalize it somehow.

BTW -Daveyr is a good guy and I realize he was saying that in jest.

Absolutely Earl and you and I passed a couple of PM's discussing his after our posts.

I have to say that I do agree with you regarding fighting back. At the same time I also acknowledge that it is not in some people's nature to be able to do this. Not everyone is built that way.

frizzle

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
Pansexual
I think obviously most of you are too easily offended for your own goods, everyone's entitled to their own beliefs and way of life, and it works both ways of the spectrum. Someone can be as gay and flaming as much as they want, but equally someone can be as racial or homophobic as much as they want.

Now, I didn't insult anyone directly on this forum, but you're little hissy fits, just show how immature grown men can be. Offended by a teenager with an opinion that directly opposes yours. Please, you tell me to grow up, I'm not an adult posting on a website getting offended by a one off comment.

Still, don't get me wrong, just because I oppose homosexuality in a slight degree, doesn not mean I encourage violence against the homosexual community, it does not mean I won't talk to or even be with a homosexual, it just means I don't agree with your life choice. If any of you were being assaulted, for whatever reason, gay or straight, I'd still help you out as much as I could.

Dr S

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
How can you oppose homosexuality in a "slight" degree? You just don't like it "much"?

Like I said, learn to read. It's NOT a choice, "life" or otherwise.

fortiesfun

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
If you found the taunting of Red Sox fans to be equally offensive as the taunting of actual gay people then you've already proven my point.
If you find that taunting Red Sox fans by singing homophobic lyrics to them to be less insulting because they aren't actually gay, you've proven that you don't have a point.

I never said "gay" wasn't an insult. I said that in an ideal world it wouldn't be used but we don't live in an ideal world. Learn to read.
I never said you said gay isn't an insult. Learn to read yourself. And later you might also learn to think logically.

frizzle

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
Pansexual
Of course it's a choice, are you saying it's a biological matter, that the chemicals within our body, give a sense into our brain that makes us gay? Bullshit, prove to me that, scientifically, homosexuality is not a choice.

And you should learn to read if you cannot understand I just don't generally agree with homosexuality. Just like I don't generally agree with taxing the rich more then others, I don't generally agree with it, but I don't mind it that much to oppose it at all.

Edit: If you go to most football matches, or American football matches, there's alot more oppostion to racism then there is homophobia, homophobia is more acceptable then racism in most cases. Just look at the Ashely Cole saga.

DaveyR

Retired Moderator
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Of course it's a choice, are you saying it's a biological matter, that the chemicals within our body, give a sense into our brain that makes us gay? Bullshit, prove to me that, scientifically, homosexuality is not a choice.

Now excuse me here. I tend to normally be fairly level headed but for fucks sake you take the biscuit. You know fuck all about being gay and it shows. I don't have to prove anything to you because you mean fuck all to me. I don't even have to prove anything to myself.

Now say whatever you want as your opinions mean diddly squat to me and probably most other gay and straight folks alike here. You continue to show yourself for what you really are.

fortiesfun

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Nice try, but the burden of proof is on you. Prove, scientifically, that our sexual orientations are choices. Let's start with your personal orientation: Are you saying that you have no desires or preferences, but every time you go to the pub you choose to be str8? That you could as easily go home with a dude and have a hot time, but you choose not to do so, and instead decide to like women more?

Dr S

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Yep, burden of proof is with you. On the one hand, we have the claims and experiences of many gay people, and on the other hand, the prejudiced assertions of someone with no experience of the matter at all.

Now let me think .......