"Why are you gay" @ Yankee Stadium

Rugbypup

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Sweet Jesus, i take it back, Frizzle, having just read your post in thread 'There is no 100% straight in nature' you clearly had little depth of anything outside your own 'fragile' world.

Mate, you really need to live abit more before to start throwing that kinda shit about.

B_Think_Kink

Sexy Member
Media
Then I'll have to deal with and tolerate it. It doesn't mean I don't agree with it though, I would still love my child, regardless of sexuality, just like I wouldn't agree with them smoking, but I would still love them and put up with their (in my opinion) faults.

I didn't expect everyone to jump up and lick my balls to be honest, but I don't make posts to make myself popular, or make myself unpopular, I post them because they are my opinions, just like you post yours because you believe in them.
Faults... are you catholic? You sound like my father.... faulghts...pshht.
I also don't post to be popular... but I also have a repuatation for speaking my mind... no matter how bad of an idea it would be...
Easily one of the funniest lines ive read on here. I actually laughed aloud at the one.

Kink, you've made me smile. :)
No problemo

q'thulu

Just Browsing
Media
I'd rather be stupid and keep my dignity than be smart and have it taken away. That's just me. To each his own.

To sit there and be emasculated is beyond MY tolerance of civility and restraint. I think gay bashers do these things to gay men because they know they can get away with it. Would they do this two 2 black brothers, or bull dykes? - not likely because they know they will get the shit kicked out of them. It amazes me how gay men tolerate such utter bullshit and rationalize it somehow.

BTW -Daveyr is a good guy and I realize he was saying that in jest.

Absolutely Earl and you and I passed a couple of PM's discussing his after our posts.

I have to say that I do agree with you regarding fighting back. At the same time I also acknowledge that it is not in some people's nature to be able to do this. Not everyone is built that way.

You two appear to be among the most respectable posters on this thread. Embracing the victimized pussy role is not a good tactic for gay men. Although I would say to DaveyR: Any able bodied person can learn to fight. Although some may very well be better suited for it than others, even the most emasculated little batty boy can learn to kick some homophobic ass. Plus there's weapons.

You seriously need to slam your head in a door. Get a grip eh? I think every person has the right to be offended by whatever they feel offends them.. why are you trying to dictate what is offensive or not. Go suck a dick sheesh.

Write me back when you can type an intelligent paragraph, little girl.

edonline

LPSG Legend
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Somewhat back on-topic, for the past couple of years, the Phillies have had gay days, where gay groups are invited to go to the game, a group or chorus sings, etc. One year, there was a vocal anti-gay religious group who started chanting and unfurling signs in the stands and some of the fans, most of whom were later reported not to be gay, confronted them and made them take down their signs and be quiet.

B_Think_Kink

Sexy Member
Media

burns1de

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I know I'm probably gonna get my ass handed to me by writing this, but I laughed when I watched that video. I'll admit it. I laughed. And I laugh everytime I watch it, too. I think the song is awesome.

And yet, I certainly don't consider myself a hateful person, and especially not homophobic. My posts, PMs and actions demonstrate that. So what does that make me?

Oh sorry, I believe I interrupted a flame war. By all means, please, continue.

q'thulu

Just Browsing
Media
Type me back when you can accept people for who they are...

Oh I accept people for who they are. I have no problem with anybody as long as they're not hurting anybody else. However, I will say something when I think someone is being too thin skinned and is overreacting to a perceived slight.

I know I'm probably gonna get my ass handed to me by writing this, but I laughed when I watched that video. I'll admit it. I laughed. And I laugh everytime I watch it, too. I think the song is awesome.

And yet, I certainly don't consider myself a hateful person, and especially not homophobic. My posts, PMs and actions demonstrate that. So what does that make me?

That would mean you're a regular person and not a hypersensitive crybaby. It would seem to me that you don't really fit in in this thread, in that case.

Scorpiorising

1st Like
Media

Thanks for the interruption.

I've posted one message earlier, went to work and came back to find this battle going on. First I was reading all of the back and forths. I have to admit, I got caught up in it, and even tried to bash the rather unfortunate, ill informed English boy.

I don't see anything wrong with you laughing (though I'm actually offended by the material). I think we are all entitled to an irreverent sense of humor, in fact I think it's quite healthy. To tell you the truth, and don't tell anyone about this, I actually burst out laughing when people trip over themselves. LOL. Can't help it. I also, many times, burst out laughing when people say terribly offensive things, not that I agree with them, but I find these things so ridiculous that I can't help it.

Oh well. Let's get back to the violence.

Rugbypup

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Im an English lad too and would like to apoligies to LPSGs international readers and would like to point out that not all English guys behave like this.

Scorpiorising hit the nail on the head with... 'ill informed English boy'.

I have read much of Frizzles posts on this site to see if he
always write like this or wether he was just being bloody minded. It's 50/50 i think, at times he appears to have written openly and plainly in response to others on here and then at times he seem to have just recited a crock of psydo science, middle classed, 'my-dad-thinks', biogted shite.

While I do respect his opinion, and his right to speek freely, i dont respect his obviose lack of grace and at times, lack of maturity regarding what he's saying.

I dont think hes a 'bad' person, God knows there are many young '100% str8' piss poor excuses for men in the UK (chavs) that i would struggle to piss on if they were on fire, but i wouldnt count him among them... yet.

Telling gay men its a 'choice', its 'wrong' and to top it off, we're a manifested pervertion of the naturel world and then telling people who counter to shut up cos thats your view and thats that, is shockingly hollow.

He does however, need to get over his own arrogent, self assuming superiority in his own views and opinions if hes going to call others 'nazis' or learn anything about empathy or the human race as a whole.

Ive also been thinking about this video clip...

My first sumption was that the lads getting shouted at were actually gay. They look smaller, younger than the 'frats' and might even have been (not sure) holding hands, but that could have just been through fear.

My default position was to empathise with the 'victims' and had discounted the posability that they could have all been part of the same group of mates and that would make this explainable as just 'dumb shit str8 lads get up too'. It's also possable sexuality dosent come into it and they're all str8 and just rival sports team supporters...

Whatever the actual reason for this behavour is, they have identified 'gay' as inferior to themselves and OK, acceptable as an agressive insult but if they were shouting 'paki', 'jew' or 'nigger' they would not have been so readily accepted in the space of a public venue. I think its gross and frankley i would have hit them with the croud control hoses.

fortiesfun

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I know I'm probably gonna get my ass handed to me by writing this, but I laughed when I watched that video. And yet, I certainly don't consider myself a hateful person, and especially not homophobic. My posts, PMs and actions demonstrate that. So what does that make me?
Given your track record here, I'm more than willing to give you the benefit of the doubt, as I enjoy your posts very much. Still, considering the context of this thread and the vastly offensive nature of that incident to gay men, I'd say that it might make you a bit insensitive in this case.

davidjh7

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I have been pretty silent lately, but I feel I must speak on this:
First, the young men weren;t specifically targeting gay people, but they did ultimately target them because they used gay as an insult. THis assumes that the general public finds homosexuality to be abhorrent and wrong. THis is what harkens back to previous generational thinking, showing the failure to learn from past ignorance. It would be no more correct to call those white red sox fans the N word in a song, which likely would have been done not so long ago, but now would be considered extremely offensive by most people. We learned from our past ignorance in that case. The real sadness is the ignorance, not the real intent against those young men. THey were singled out for an attack, and the attackers provoked the crowd mob mentality by propogating the idea that homos are evil, bad, offensive, terrible creatures. That same mob mentality, given some more alchohol, could have easily have turned very ugly---and violent---and the concept that they MIGHT be gay, and therefore DESERVE to be beaten, maybe killed (it HAS, and still DOES happen, people) isn't a huge step to make for a drunk man who has anti-gay feelings anyway, looking for justification. Were the redsox fans idiots for provoking the crowd by their behavior? Certainly! It was foolish, and dangerous behavior. As much as deciding to walk into central park at 3 am with wads of cash hanging out of your pocket. It is stupid, but still doesn;t justify the bad actions of the rest of the crowd. Demeaning ideas are what lead to more violent and offensive, and truly targeted behavior by people, because those ideas lead credence to bad ideas--they are self-propogating.
Now, Frizzle---I respect that you are doing your best to be tolerant--and you have as much right to express your opinions as anybody else. That is what tolerance is, after all, not accepting someone else, but allowing them to exist without undue harassment. You don't agree with my philosophies, and I don't agree with yours, but I certainly can accept, and tolerate you, as well. Tolerance has to work for everybody. Since it appears that you have never had any kind of friendship or contact with any homosexuals, maybe I can give you a little perspective, while still being apart enough from you not to "contaminate" you. Let me tell you a bit of my story. As far back as I can remember, I felt different, knew at my core that what I was attracted to was different from everybody else. I felt this as far back as I can recall, approximately 4 or 5 years old. I also intuitively knew that these feelings would not be accepted by my parents, peers, or siblings, and that society said they were "wrong". So, I tried the religious route. I tried the forcing myself into the "normal" male image. I convinced myself I liked girls, that I wanted a marriage, and a family, I wanted to be "normal" I worked to convince myself of this until I was 32 years old. I isolated myself, for fear of being discovered. I made approximately 45 attempts to commit suicide, starting the first time at age 8. I ultimately did not commit suicide, because I didn't really want to die, I just didn't want to be this horrible thing that everybody said I was, because deep down I always knew what I was. I CHOSE to be straight, and I fought like hell for most of my life, and went THROUGH hell, including approximately 15 years of almost complete social isolation, because I did NOT want to be gay. Many more fortunate gay people have been able to accept themselves much earlier in life, and ultimately, they are happier people, because they can then focus on being the best person that they are at heart, and not trying to live an image that they truly are not. I wasn;t so fortunate. I hope in some small way this convinces you, that you do not choose your sexuality. You only choose to accept it or not. I accept that you didn't choose to be straight, it is just who you are, and have always been. Society accepts you as you are, and encourages your natural predilictions, because you are in the majority. Life is diverse, however, in all its forms---all plants and animals exhibit diversity, and biologists have shown that wide ranging diversity is actually necessary for life to survive on this planet. Homosexuality in one form or another has been found in every species on the planet. I doubt that animals choose to be homosexual any more than I did---it is just a natural diverse variation on the theme. I won't try to change who you are, nor condemn it as inherently wrong or evil, because I accept you for who you are, even if I don't always like or agree with it. I don't think you deserve to be changed or eliminated, or hated for who you are. I hope that someday, you can afford others who look, think, act, and feel differently than you do, the same kind of understanding. You are trying for tolerance, and that is a huge step above what many others have done. But remember, words are weapons, and ultimately, propogating the idea that a divergence from the rigid centerline is evil, using those words, can be just as damaging as taking a gun and putting it to the head of that gay man on the street, and pulling the trigger. Maybe moreso, because the range of a gun is limited, but the range of a word can be infinite. I wish you the best in your life, and I am happy that you have the rights and choices you have available to you. You are a good looking young man, with an obvious mind and heart, and depth of character. I wish you only love, life, and happiness, and success in your life. I recognize that your character can not afford me the same wishes, or rights. Have a good life.

burns1de

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Given your track record here, I'm more than willing to give you the benefit of the doubt, as I enjoy your posts very much. Still, considering the context of this thread and the vastly offensive nature of that incident to gay men, I'd say that it might make you a bit insensitive in this case.

Oh, definitely, I AM insensitive, lol. Actually, 'asshole' might be a better word to describe me. :biggrin1: