"Why are you gay" @ Yankee Stadium

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
No one is debating that the song was crass and that the Sox fans didn't really need to be subjected to it. The point is that the video is not nearly as offensive as it would be if they knew the guys to be gay.

Yes, in an ideal world "gay" would not be used as an insult, but this is not the world in which we live. Grow some thicker skin and stop taking everything so personally.
<...>
even the most emasculated little batty boy can learn to kick some homophobic ass
<...>
Actually, it may be more offensive if the orientation of the "victims" were not known. It has nothing to do with "growing thicker skin" and taking offense. It has everything to do with homophobes perpetuating homophobia because people like you are willing to tolerate it, if it suits you.

That would mean you're a regular person and not a hypersensitive crybaby. It would seem to me that you don't really fit in in this thread, in that case.

jq, is that you?

witchway

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Not amusing at all! But that's considered funny by all the adults standing around. Oh well it's just a song about these guys being gay and we all know that being gay is as bad or worse as being a terrorist!:mad:

fortiesfun

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Oh, definitely, I AM insensitive, lol. Actually, 'asshole' might be a better word to describe me. :biggrin1:
Fortunately, I am addicted to your gallery, so I overlook a lot.

(Push comes to shove, I suspect you can see why gay men - even those who are under your spell here at lpsg - might find this less funny than you do. I find some humor, myself, in humiliating Red Sox fans who show up at Yankee Stadium, but unfortunately I feel like collatoral damage.)

burns1de

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Fortunately, I am addicted to your gallery, so I overlook a lot.

It's my get-out-of-jail-free card. :up:

(Push comes to shove, I suspect you can see why gay men - even those who are under your spell here at lpsg - might find this less funny than you do. I find some humor, myself, in humiliating Red Sox fans who show up at Yankee Stadium, but unfortunately I feel like collatoral damage.)
Trust me, I totally understand why gays might not find this funny. I, however, am not gay - I found it funny, and I don't think I should make any excuses for it. I laugh at what I find funny - period. Doesn't mean I'm an homophobic asshole either. I'm just politically incorrect, pretty insensitive, and somewhat of a Denis Leary-type of asshole.

So sue me. :biggrin1:

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Trust me, I totally understand why gays might not find this funny. I, however, am not gay - I found it funny, and I don't think I should make any excuses for it. I laugh at what I find funny - period. Doesn't mean I'm an homophobic asshole either. I'm just politically incorrect, pretty insensitive, and somewhat of a Denis Leary-type of asshole.

I don't think you are homophobic. In fact, the one thing about the video that bothers me doesn't seem to be what bothers anyone else.

I thought the whole thing was puerile, not funny, and not offensive, per se. What I do find offensive is the "no harm done" or "just a harmless prank" attitude. (Not directed at you, just a general comment.)

What does make me sad about it, though, is the tacit approval of such behavior. Just because you are not gay, it doesn't mean you can't be bothered by it. One of these days, someone will do something discriminatory toward you, and I'll be calling them out.

burns1de

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
High school all over again. The boys are repressed homosexuals. I wonder what player or players they get hard over.

Sport events bring out the most homophobic behaviors in boys.

I wish I would have never watched this.

Society is so sick and twisted...:mad:

So what are you saying? Because I find this funny, I'm a repressed homosexual? :confused:

You know, some of us enjoy childish antics like those, doesn't mean we take a walk on the brown side. Yeah, it's retarded but what can I say, I love retarded shit like that. Doesn't mean I'm gay either.

Stop trying to push your vision of the world unto everyone else, it's not cool. :mad:

BIGBULL29

Worshipped Member
Media
State College (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
Pansexual
So what are you saying? Because I find this funny, I'm a repressed homosexual? :confused:

You know, some of us enjoy childish antics like those, doesn't mean we take a walk on the brown side. Yeah, it's retarded but what can I say, I love retarded shit like that. Doesn't mean I'm gay either.

Stop trying to push your vision of the world unto everyone else, it's not cool. :mad:

It's not cool to harass others for entertainment purposes.
I don't know for sure who's gay in society, but I do know that when boys get a lot of enjoyment over calling other boys gay, I tend to think all those
name-callers are gay.:biggrin1:

fortiesfun

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
It's my get-out-of-jail-free card.
Burnsie is this year's NIC. :cool:

Your enormous good nature about your insensitivity makes me think it is more of an act than a political position, or at least I hope so. If Denis Leary is your model, then it is pretty sophisticated satire of homophobia that you emulate. (He is, after all, best friends with Mario Cantone. More power to you.)

Completely unrelated, a confession: I remember as a kid, growing up in a tiny farm town in the far West, the only insult we knew to call each other was "nigger." Of course, I had literally never seen a person of African descent and had no idea what I was saying. I certainly meant no harm to any black person by using it, because I didn't know what it meant. And I laughed like hell at Steppin' Fetchit, blackface, and black jokes. And, of course, I'm not black myself. Still, I'm not sure that "no harm, no foul" applies then or now.

Rugbypup

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Completely unrelated, a confession: I remember as a kid, growing up in a tiny farm town in the far West, the only insult we knew to call each other was "nigger." Of course, I had literally never seen a person of African descent and had no idea what I was saying. I certainly meant no harm to any black person by using it, because I didn't know what it meant. And I laughed like hell at Steppin' Fetchit, blackface, and black jokes. And, of course, I'm not black myself. Still, I'm not sure that "no harm, no foul" applies then or now.

I did the same with the word c*nt when i was young, no idea what ones was but though it was a good name for my brother at the time. Now there's a childhood mistake you dont forget soon... ouch, lol.

Irony is, still not really sure what a c*nt is, lol

Matthew

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
That would mean you're a regular person and not a hypersensitive crybaby. It would seem to me that you don't really fit in in this thread, in that case.

Heard that a lot. In my experience, it normally comes from those who don't have much experience being a target in any real, significant sense. And I've also noticed when people who take that stance finally feel it from the receiving end, they are the LOUDEST to cry like whiny, pathetic little bitches.

Something tells me you're the epitome of that.

...alternatively, fuck some sense into him. At both ends.

I wouldn't touch him with your dick, brother.

Reactions: rexcasual

SomeGuyOverThere

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I think obviously most of you are too easily offended for your own goods, everyone's entitled to their own beliefs and way of life, and it works both ways of the spectrum. Someone can be as gay and flaming as much as they want, but equally someone can be as racial or homophobic as much as they want.

Now, I didn't insult anyone directly on this forum, but you're little hissy fits, just show how immature grown men can be. Offended by a teenager with an opinion that directly opposes yours. Please, you tell me to grow up, I'm not an adult posting on a website getting offended by a one off comment.

Still, don't get me wrong, just because I oppose homosexuality in a slight degree, doesn not mean I encourage violence against the homosexual community, it does not mean I won't talk to or even be with a homosexual, it just means I don't agree with your life choice. If any of you were being assaulted, for whatever reason, gay or straight, I'd still help you out as much as I could.

Ressurecting this reply a bit, but I find it amusing that you seem to think that people are immature for not liking your opinion.

This puts your first and second paragraphs in direct contrast - or is everyone allowed to have their opinion so long as nobody says anything?

Sorry mate, but this is a forum, a place of interaction, we don't all just sit and type our opinions and ignore everyone elses,m if we don't agree we open our mouths.

There is nothing immature about disagreeing with another person's opinion, even disagreeing strongly.

burns1de

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Burnsie is this year's NIC. :cool:

NIC? Network Interface Card? Nicaragua Independence Council? Net Interest Cost? :confused:

Your enormous good nature about your insensitivity makes me think it is more of an act than a political position, or at least I hope so. If Denis Leary is your model, then it is pretty sophisticated satire of homophobia that you emulate. (He is, after all, best friends with Mario Cantone. More power to you.)

It's definitely NOT a political position. I laugh easily, at a whole bunch of shit, including videos like that one. That's just how I am. I don't really care if it's offensive to people (even though I understand why it can't be), I'm just having fun.

And yes, I'm a big Denis Leary fan. :up:

deepwader

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I am gay and I can see why it is at least amusing: there is a shred of wit in those parody lyrics. I have been to a lot of football (soccer) games and the funniest crowd chants are usually the most offensive.

When "Borat" asked a gun dealer which gun was best "for killing jew" I almost pissed myself laughing. That does not make me a nazi anti-semite. It was funny in part because it was so outrageous.

The only issue for me concerning the video is whether the guys at whom the song was directed felt threatened by it. If they did, it was offensive and should have been stopped. If they didn't -- no harm done.

I consider myself gay; that was my exclusive orientation until a few years ago. I do not consider myself particularly thick-skinned. But we will not make progress by trying to prohibit the expression of views; that does not change anyone's mind.

I think Frizzle is wrong; but I regret my earlier flippant post about sucking his dick: that has probably merely reinforced his views about gays - honest, Friz, we aren't that frightening.

I hope he will stay around here and unwind his mind a little. I grew up in a profoundly racist home where my dad pretended to have a machine gun and shoot at black people when they came on the TV. I do not think the views I held about race when I was 18 were very attractive. I hopeI have learnt some thing since then.

HERCSURF

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
wow...ok first time im seeing this. As a huge yankee fan.. and a verbal one at that.. I have to say im torn in what to think.

I have to say if you are a redsox fan, and you sit in the bleachers, you better basically prepare yourself for abuse. Listen those guys are not the brightest guys who sit there..but it is what it is. You go there knowing what you are getting yourself into. If these two kids.. who we dont know if they are gay or not...were just going to the game and didnt know what to expect.. I do feel bad...

But I have to tell you,, you dont know if these two were being obnoxious, or if they were being overly verbal if the redsox scored... etc etc.

I have been to redsox games and i have been cursed at and all that...you have to be able to take the abuse if you are looking for it. Iv eheard some nasty things at games all over.. part of the fun. I went to a redsox game at fenway a few years back...and i was fuckin abused as a yankee fan.. i mean it was merciless... and that game the yankees lost.. at the fenway bar after the game the same guys who were so mean to me i saw at the bar and I bought a round for em...and we all ended up shooting the shit for a while... Its all how you play the game.

Listen I wouldnt do it.. when i rank on a fan of the Sox i keep quiet until my team wins or scores and throw out some general abuse lol. I have also been at some high tension games.. redsox yankees, rangers islanders, etc etc and if you know howto play the abuse game.. when the game ends a lot of times everyonelaughs and sometimes some handshakes.

deepwader

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
at a time when the UK press was full of stories about alleged child abuse in Middlesbrough, I heard 30,000 Leeds United fans singing (screaming?)approximately to the "tune" of "Bread of Heaven":

Tell us 'boro
Tell us 'boro
What's it like to shag your kids?
What's it li-i-i-ke to shag your kids?

The Middlesboro/Leeds relationship is similarly cordial to that between the Yankees and Redsox. (Leeds is the capital of Northern England; 'boro is a shitty little town that's only just inside the Yorkshire boundary.)

Child abuse is not funny. But 'boro abuse is ALWAYS funny.