Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Rate my cock, look at my cock, do you want pics of my cock, what do you think of my cock, is my cock big enough for you, want to cam so you can see my cock? And on and on. My answer has always been no. I've always gotten in return, then why are you here? So yes the why are you here question can be taken in a negative way. I'm not an attention seeking woman that requires constant cock titillation like some women here.

rob_just_rob

Sexy Member
Media
It doesn't bother me to be asked why I am here. There are 101 reasons for a person (male or female) to be here. I also ask guys the same question. It is an ice breaker for me.

Exactly. If I am starting to interact with someone I've never met before, I'll probably start with one of
"How are you?"
"Where are from?"
"What do you do?"
"What do you think of (activity we met doing)?"
etc.

Perhaps it's a good thing I don't chat anymore.

xhotnsexyx

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
i've asked the question many times because i know that women aren't always going to be here for hook ups or seeing cocks, but what gets me is that some women you will initially ask the question and they will go off on you. look at their profile and what do you see, tons of pics of them naked rubbing themselves and saying they love huge cocks.

i guess it's wrong of me to assume that with you having a profile that says you love huge cocks and all the pics and vids of you clearly masturbating to guys with huge cocks that you are here for some sort of sexual form. this isn't mean't for anyone in particular, but it has happened to me where i have tried chatting with women with those kinds of profiles. i always tend to believe that tons of men come on here posing as women, find some pics on the net and make a profile so that they can get closer to other guys or women.

rob_just_rob

Sexy Member
Media
i've asked the question many times because i know that women aren't always going to be here for hook ups or seeing cocks, but what gets me is that some women you will initially ask the question and they will go off on you. look at their profile and what do you see, tons of pics of them naked rubbing themselves and saying they love huge cocks.

i guess it's wrong of me to assume that with you having a profile that says you love huge cocks and all the pics and vids of you clearly masturbating to guys with huge cocks that you are here for some sort of sexual form. this isn't mean't for anyone in particular, but it has happened to me where i have tried chatting with women with those kinds of profiles. i always tend to believe that tons of men come on here posing as women, find some pics on the net and make a profile so that they can get closer to other guys or women.

There's also the issue of some people being more jaded than others.

redz_rule

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I agree with Sprinkle in that context is important. I have been asked this question most frequently in chat when either refusing an offer to watch someone's cam or refusing someone's request to watch mine.

On the receiving end it appears accusatory in this context (at least to me) especially when the person who asked can see that I am openly conversing and having a laugh with others. Honestly, I do find it obnoxious for someone to interrupt my conversations with repeated requests and follow my refusals with 'well why are you here then?'. I have not sought their company - they contacted me. Why should I have to explain myself or my actions when I am asking nothing of them and not even exhibiting the slightest interest? It implies a sense of entitlement on the part of the asker. Would it have appeared so if the question had been asked in an ice-breaking fashion before asking me to watch their cam/if they could watch mine? Probably not. Like I said, context is everything. *rant over*

aninnymouse

Cherished Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I agree with Sprinkle in that context is important. I have been asked this question most frequently in chat when either refusing an offer to watch someone's cam or refusing someone's request to watch mine.

On the receiving end it appears accusatory in this context (at least to me) especially when the person who asked can see that I am openly conversing and having a laugh with others. Honestly, I do find it obnoxious for someone to interrupt my conversations with repeated requests and follow my refusals with 'well why are you here then?'. I have not sought their company - they contacted me. Why should I have to explain myself or my actions when I am asking nothing of them and not even exhibiting the slightest interest? It implies a sense of entitlement on the part of the asker. Would it have appeared so if the question had been asked in an ice-breaking fashion before asking me to watch their cam/if they could watch mine? Probably not. Like I said, context is everything. *rant over*

This.

Content and process; as well as context. If it's in a getting to know you kind of way, then it's cool. But, if it's in a derogatory, "oh, I know you're a cock hungry slut" kind of way, then that's a different thing, entirely.

If someone asks me this AFTER having a bit of normal conversation with me first, I don't mind. If it's asked in the same breath as being asked my opinion on someone's dick... I'm not going to likely answer. Yes, this is a sex/penis site. Yes, this is a support group. However, the people who think this site is all about them and their todger likely have nothing to say of interest to me. Yes, I like large cock. No, I don't consider myself a feminist. Nor do I really consider myself a "size queen" because so long as a man isn't hung like a pixie stick and they're not generally lousy in bed, I could care less. Why am I on LPSG? For quite a variety of reasons.

I initially joined...

I came here after reading this

Least Believable Page on the Web: Large Penis Support Group | Cracked.com

I came to laugh at the ridiculousness, I initially stayed to ogle people, and then I've remained because of making friends. :)

However, I find more and more that the rampant sexism, racism, stereotypes, and outright SHIT behavior by a lot of people are starting to vastly outshine the true gems on here. That includes men -and- women. Thankfully I have places I can hide/lurk on the forums where I don't typically have to deal with much idiocy, and I'm definitely spending less time on the chat. I'm thankful for the ignore feature, if nothing else :p

aninnymouse

Cherished Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
If someone asks me this AFTER having a bit of normal conversation with me first, I don't mind. If it's asked in the same breath as being asked my opinion on someone's dick... I'm not going to likely answer. Yes, this is a sex/penis site. Yes, this is a support group. However, the people who think this site is all about them and their todger likely have nothing to say of interest to me. Yes, I like large cock. No, I don't consider myself a feminist. Nor do I really consider myself a "size queen" because so long as a man isn't hung like a pixie stick and they're not generally lousy in bed, I could care less. Why am I on LPSG? For quite a variety of reasons.

I initially joined...

However, I find more and more that the rampant sexism, racism, stereotypes, and outright SHIT behavior by a lot of people are starting to vastly outshine the true gems on here. That includes men -and- women. Thankfully I have places I can hide/lurk on the forums where I don't typically have to deal with much idiocy, and I'm definitely spending less time on the chat. I'm thankful for the ignore feature, if nothing else :p

True dat.

I've never chatted, cammed, or anything of that nature.

I mostly lurk, and post when I feel the need/urge to. I'm rather selective on where I post, and I tend to avoid places like the Politics forum like the plague, for the vary reason stated above. There are a lot of people, who unfortunately, like to post ignorant things.

I know I can be silly, ignorant, immature, and mean at times, but that's not the focus of why I'm here. Sadly, I think it is the focus of why many, but not most, people are here.

Ekwhipt

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I have asked the question but it's really only a matter of curiosity, which is why I joined this site. It was not to get off or try and hook up. While I have made friends, complimented, flirted, and viewed and read some things outside my comfort zone, I have never tried to hook up, never went on cam, never gotten off on the sight, and never ever degraded anyone on here. So asking the question does not mean a guy has insidious (BJ did I use that term correctly?) intent. While I don't necessarily feel the need to defend myself on this (hell there are woman on this thread that can vouch for my gentlemanly ways) I did feel the need to defend the belief that guys like me are more common on this site then most people think. Plus the question itself shows a pretty normal male trait in a single thought- combining a man's need for female admiration ( yes, we like to be told we are admired and desired for our anatomy) with a legitimate interest in what the other person is interested in and thinking about. Yes, the question has some built in self interest, but if asked in context with appropriate, respectful, and interesting communications, is there anything really wrong with the question? Is it really much different then "what are you thinking about" which men hear they don't ask enough? I guess one could argue that it is probably more like the "how was it for you" question, but even that one, with it's oozing of self absorption, does have an element of concern. Maybe somebody should just start a thread with the question. What am I thinking, bet it has been done a thousand times already. Kisses and hugs to Billi Jean, Redz Rule, and Fancy Pants, all of whom are intelligent, interesting, beautiful and are some of the main reasons I would say I stay on this site if anyone ever cared enough to ask me. I am going to be now. Sorry about any typos. Not sorry about any context.

The Dragon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I have asked the question but it's really only a matter of curiosity, which is why I joined this site. It was not to get off or try and hook up. While I have made friends, complimented, flirted, and viewed and read some things outside my comfort zone, I have never tried to hook up, never went on cam, never gotten off on the sight, and never ever degraded anyone on here. So asking the question does not mean a guy has insidious (BJ did I use that term correctly?) intent. While I don't necessarily feel the need to defend myself on this (hell there are woman on this thread that can vouch for my gentlemanly ways) I did feel the need to defend the belief that guys like me are more common on this site then most people think. Plus the question itself shows a pretty normal male trait in a single thought- combining a man's need for female admiration ( yes, we like to be told we are admired and desired for our anatomy) with a legitimate interest in what the other person is interested in and thinking about. Yes, the question has some built in self interest, but if asked in context with appropriate, respectful, and interesting communications, is there anything really wrong with the question? Is it really much different then "what are you thinking about" which men hear they don't ask enough? I guess one could argue that it is probably more like the "how was it for you" question, but even that one, with it's oozing of self absorption, does have an element of concern. Maybe somebody should just start a thread with the question. What am I thinking, bet it has been done a thousand times already. Kisses and hugs to Billi Jean, Redz Rule, and Fancy Pants, all of whom are intelligent, interesting, beautiful and are some of the main reasons I would say I stay on this site if anyone ever cared enough to ask me. I am going to be now. Sorry about any typos. Not sorry about any context.

Seriously, Dude, if you want me to read that you are going to have to use paragraphs.

NotSoDumb_Blonde

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay

Thanks Epwhipt! I think the real reason I asked this question was out of curiosity and I've had that met in full. I also think there are some great people on here, fun things to talk about, and even funnier things to read/view. I enjoy the pics, I enjoy the funny side to the site, too and I've met some cool men and women on here.

And btw, I didn't need paragraphs to read that! lol. It was great.

I think the undercurrent from a few women, is the run ins we have with some men who when asking us to cam or something similar and are told, nicely no, we get the, "well why are you here?"

I think some people have pegged it -- content/context. And just individual and they way we are all so different.

Also, the thing I often forget is this type of conversing is one dimensional and often -- it happened to me today -- misunderstood. So, the polite question, "why are you on here?" from a man, might be fine if you know him via chat or emails, but out of the blue might seem sorta accusatory, or if they've just asked you to view them live and you've said no, as really accusatory.

Anyway, this has been insightful. I might pass on helping Hickboy! Too funny, btw, I cracked up over those posts! But, I learned a great deal anyhow. Thanks. :wink:

B_subgirrl

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I hate the question, but more because I find it boring and uncreative than because I find it offensive.

When my friend and I were just old enough to start going to clubs we used to get asked 'Do you come here often?' by so many guys that it became a joke between us. It would produce eyerolls and put the guy who asked it right off the off the 'I might possibly fuck you' list. Cliched lines like that tell me the person isn't much of a conversationalist. Those who didn't use cliched lines had a much better chance with us.

I see 'Why are you here?' as the LPSG version of 'Do you come here often?'

MelbourneGirl

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I see 'Why are you here?' as the LPSG version of 'Do you come here often?'

Yep, I'm the same. It's boring.

I enjoy the open discussions and am making some great connections (not sexual ones), with the men and women of LPSG. Sure, I look at some of the pics, but to be honest, I find it one of the least interesting aspects of the site. I suppose that's odd given what LPSG stands for.......

pcghabsy

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
It's a boring question alright, but so are a lot of questions people ask to "get to know others better". From what I understand, the problem is that the assumed intention is something more offensive.

It's a boring question alright, but so are a lot of questions people ask to "get to know others better". From what I understand, the problem is that the assumed intention is something more offensive.

I don't fancy the other questions typically either. If people read my profile it says my age, as well as disclosing as much information as I normally give about my location too + other information under my About Me... people are just lazy fuckers, which is irritating to no end. Especially when it's asked over and over :mad:

pcghabsy

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I don't fancy the other questions typically either. If people read my profile it says my age, as well as disclosing as much information as I normally give about my location too + other information under my About Me... people are just lazy fuckers, which is irritating to no end. Especially when it's asked over and over :mad:

Or perhaps it's just small talk - some people fear silence.

Or perhaps it's just small talk - some people fear silence.

There is always enough other shit going on in chat that it isn't necessary to pester someone asking them their age, location, why they can't see all of your pictures, blah blah blah. I'm not always the most polite person, but I certainly have more manners than that as well as not being that damn lazy. If I'm genuinely interested in talking to a person, the first thing I do is go look at their profile. Also, I'm a chatterbox. If I'm on chat, I'm usually talking about food, video games, music, or any other number of things... it isn't like I don't give people the chance to jump into a conversation :rolleyes:

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
i usually get it more as a 'then why are you here?', in a sneery tone, after i've told them i'm not interested.

pcghabsy

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
i usually get it more as a 'then why are you here?', in a sneery tone, after i've told them i'm not interested.

When they don't want to believe your answer (probably because they want to hear something else) and keep asking the same question over and over again? Oh boy, those are annoying! (Just to clarify - I am just talking about such cases in general, not the OP's question)