Why Barak Obama will not be the first Black President

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Much to the dismay of many newbies we discuss many things in chat including politics. Inevitably some limousine liberal will endorse Barak Obama and expect me to do the same. It’s true I am a moderate democrat but I also know that this country isn’t ready for a Black President. Trust me I have been called the "N" word enough to know we are not ready.

My Prediction: The first African-American President will be assassinated in office.
My Reasoning: American History

The Southern Poverty Law Center's Intelligence Project counted 844 active hate groups in the United States in 2006. Only organizations and their chapters known to be active during 2006 are included.

Their numbers grow every day; and since some of them have opposable thumbs and can vote; I maintain Barak Obama will never make it to the White House. He has already started receiving death threats and is under the protection of the Secret Service.

http://www.tshirthell.com/store/product.php?productid=748
http://www.tshirthell.com/store/product.php?productid=917
http://www.tshirthell.com/store/product.php?productid=902

T-shirts like the ones above are the reason Sen. Obama won’t be in the White house come January 20, 2009.

I have always liked Hillary but there are still so many that hate her for not knowing “her place.” That’s right folks, many but not all people who hate Hillary Clinton hate her not for her politics; but for not being a traditional First Lady. She was supposed to host parties and spend too much money on dishes and draperies. Heck, some people in Arkansas never got over her hyphenating her name! She used to be Hillary Rodham-Clinton. They thought she was a feminist, and viewed that as a bad thing.

I realize to people outside the United States this may sound silly, stupid, etc. But it’s the truth, it is what it is.

njqt466

Quite Irate

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
He's a golden boy. Not too black, but black enough. If he doesn't have heavy duty protection in a situation like his, he's not very smart.

Blocko

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I don't know... there was a large amount of people who disliked the thought of Junior ever becoming president... even considering the fraud involved... he still managed to make it in.

A lot of people may hate Obama, but it doesn't mean much if everyone else loves him. I do agree that someone will attempt to assassinate him though.

Much to the dismay of many newbies we discuss many things in chat including politics. Inevitably some limousine liberal will endorse Barak Obama and expect me to do the same. It’s true I am a moderate democrat but I also know that this country isn’t ready for a Black President. Trust me I have been called the "N" word enough to know we are not ready.

My Prediction: The first African-American President will be assassinated in office.

The Southern Poverty Law Center's Intelligence Project counted 844 active hate groups in the United States in 2006. Only organizations and their chapters known to be active during 2006 are included.

Their numbers grow every day; and since some of them have opposable thumbs and can vote; I maintain Barak Obama will never make it to the White House. He has already started receiving death threats and is under the protection of the Secret Service.

http://www.tshirthell.com/store/product.php?productid=748
http://www.tshirthell.com/store/product.php?productid=917
http://www.tshirthell.com/store/product.php?productid=902

T-shirts like the ones above are the reason Sen. Obama won’t be in the White house come January 20, 2009.

I have always liked Hillary but there are still so many that hate her for not knowing “her place.” That’s right folks, many but not all people who hate Hillary Clinton hate her not for her politics; but for not being a traditional First Lady. She was supposed to host parties and spend too much money on dishes and draperies. Heck, some people in Arkansas never got over her hyphenating her name! She used to be Hillary Rodham-Clinton. They thought she was a feminist, and viewed that as a bad thing.

I realize to people outside the United States this may sound silly, stupid, etc. But it’s the truth, it is what it is.

njqt466

Quite Irate

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Actually, someone DID try to kill junior.

Vladimir Arutinian was in the crowd as Bush spoke at Tbilisi, (formerly soviet) Georgia. He threw a Soviet hand grenade toward the podium, but the handkerchief he used to conceal it stopped it from going off.

He got away, had a shootout later with Georgian government agents, killed one, escaped again into the woods near Tbilisi, got shot in the leg, and got captured by Special Forces agents an hour later. He's got a life sentence in Georgia.

HotBulge

Worshipped Member
Media
Lowells talk to Cabots, Cabots talk to God
Disclaimer: With the current slate of candidates, I am pro-Hillary Clinton because she has the more experience than Obama. I do believe that Obama is more than qualified to be presient of the US, but he needs a few more years national experience (perhaps after completing his first term as a senator).

njqt466, I understand the history and tradition that you are bringing to bear on Obama's political ascendency. If you are a person of color and were born in the 20th century (long enough to have one's formative experiences then), you do feel as though you are fighting the odds against being incacerated or murdered. In Obama's case, it's fighting against the odds to become the Us' first president of color. History offers very little consolation based on precedent of assasination with Martin Luther King Jr. and JFK. Widowhood was of little consolation to Coretta Scott King and Jacqueline Bouvier Kennedy Onnasis.

HOWEVER, we are now living in the 21st century! Njqt466, you are giving way too much credence to people who still lurk around with racial or gender hatred. It's like worrying about bitter individuals from the South who were upset that the Confederacy lost the Civil War 40+ years after the fact. It's not an reason to deter the living from making progress and striving for advancement. Any US politician with presidential ambitions who rises to national prominence, has to contemplate that threat of harm comes with the job. And you are right, Obama could be a target for assasination more than other presidents in recent history. His being a target goes far beyond skin color, though. His presence redefines the status quo, and his politics will no longer benefit rich, White conservative males exclusively. You would agree that the US is better off for the courage of MLK, JFK, and RFK who decided to move forward despite the threat of harm. That's courage!

As for George Bush Jr., I remember thinking back in April of 2003 that Bush was inviting an assasination attempt. If it doesn't happen during his administration, the attempt will happen out of office. I ironically even dreamed that the assassin was some Muslim/ Muslim-American kid who, some years from now will blame GW for killing his parents with his bunker buster Mother of All Bombs(MOAs). Now, that seems like just a dream, whether his "karma-in-this-life" deserves it or not.

The only compelling explanation that I can offer for Bush not having an assassination attempt is that the only consistent success of his administration has been distratction. Distract the masses with a war, perpetuate notions of abstract terror, and exploit fear. There's a reason why Bush's only consistent phrase for the past 7 years has been "the war on terror". Repeat:

War on Terror! War on Terror! War on Terror! War on Terror!

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
you've said this before njqt and I still disagree with you.

The guy's got my vote, and I sure hope this rumbling is wrong.

I think that his opposition will certainly stoop to these kinds of tactics, and I agree that it'll work on plenty of people, but we've still got time. The best part about how early this campaign is starting is that we have time to refute these kinds of nonsense ads and prove the right-wingers to be using the same desperate ploys they're applying currently, and the VAST majority of America is sick to death of the nonsense and lies we've been fed.

The only campaign we really need to launch is republican=liar. Surely even a broad or a nigger should be better than another liar and thief. The list of repugs busted in office for illegal and unethical acts keeps growing, even the extremely dense are having a hard time ignoring it.

I think every time someone brings up Obama's middle name, we need to remind the world that Reagan put SADDAM HUSSEIN in his position of authority, and bush sr. worked with him, and traded with him until he stopped playing ball with us. How about we counter their FALSE accusations with some truth?:rolleyes:

How about we make the point that a MAN should be judged by his abilities, not the similarities of his fucking name to someone else's. It's really just not okay to be this stupid.

HotBulge

Worshipped Member
Media
How about we make the point that a MAN should be judged by his abilities, not the similarities of his fucking name to someone else's. It's really just not okay to be this stupid.

It's just pathetic that Bush Jr. never listened to or learned from Sr. I wonder if Biblical admonishments work in reverse so that the sins of the son are the sins of the father... In 2000, after GW had submitted his candidacy for election, I remember thinking that his father's Republican cronies were just looking for a marionette to use as a front for their own agenda. Well, that's exactly what the nation got - a puppet. It's too bad that the puppet still managed to distract our attention.

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It's just pathetic that Bush Jr. never listened to or learned from Sr. I wonder if Biblical admonishments work in reverse so that the sins of the son are the sins of the father... In 2000, after GW had submitted his candidacy for election, I remember thinking that his father's Republican cronies were just looking for a marionette to use as a front for their own agenda. Well, that's exactly what the nation got - a puppet. It's too bad that the puppet still managed to distract our attention.

I'm willing to submit that that's a function of the power of the cronies, not the puppet.

Love-it

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
My bets -

1. It's sheer fantasy to believe that the Democrats will nominate Obama.

2. The candidate in most serious danger of assassination is Hillary.

It depends on who becomes president: if Hilary wins and Obama happens to be VP, watch out, if Obama wins and Hilary happens to be VP, watch out.

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Fine, if I'm wrong and Barak Obama's next address is 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. I'll suck your cock. :tongue:

haha.

well... I'm not saying that he will be the next president. Though I think if he got the nomination, he could be a serious contender, and personally of all the current front-runners I would most like to see him win.

I agree with BigDirigible. I don't think Obama is going to make it through the primaries, even if he could do better in a general election than Hillary could. I also don't think Giuliani, in spite of his popularity with the general public, will make it through the Republican primaries. It's almost impossible for a centrist cantidate to make it through the primaries anymore. Sad but true.

The points I was disagreeing with you about nj are that the country is not ready for a black president and that he would be assassinated if he were elected to office. Granted, there is still a lot of racism in the United States, but I don't think this necessarily precludes a black man from becoming president or living through his term.

playainda336

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Greensboro (North Carolina, United States)
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight

It's that very thinking that enslaves Black people today. No offense to you, because a lot of people think like that.

I call it Malcolm/MLK Syndrome...the thought that if you are Black and do anything for big social change, someone is going to kill you so you might as well not do it.

I think Obama has the support to win, and Clinton will be his VP. It is VERY likely that Obama will get assassination attempts because he will be the first Black president, but saying "I'm not going to vote for him, because I don't want him to die" is a little asinine...IMO.

On a side note, I like both Obama and Clinton...I find it funny that most Clinton supporters hate Obama, though. Never understood why.

Both have their downfalls, but I feel that both are what the White House needs...why not support both? :confused:
My bets -

1. It's sheer fantasy to believe that the Democrats will nominate Obama.

2. The candidate in most serious danger of assassination is Hillary.
Well, IMO...it's a sheer fantasy for EITHER to be nominated...lol. Mainly because you have people saying "We're not ready for a woman president." (Mainly women) and people saying "We're not ready for a Black president." (Mainly Blacks)...>_>

And I think Clinton is less likely to get assassinated, cause IIRC she has ties to the CIA...outside of Bill, I mean. o_o

HotBulge

Worshipped Member
Media
njqt466[/B], I understand the history and tradition that you are bringing to bear on Obama's political ascendency. If you are a person of color and were born in the 20th century (long enough to have one's formative experiences then), you do feel as though you are fighting the odds against being incacerated or murdered. In Obama's case, it's fighting against the odds to become the Us' first president of color. History offers very little consolation based on precedent of assasination with Martin Luther King Jr. and JFK. Widowhood was of little consolation to Coretta Scott King and Jacqueline Bouvier Kennedy Onnasis.

HOWEVER, we are now living in the 21st century! Njqt466, you are giving way too much credence to people who still lurk around with racial or gender hatred. It's like worrying about bitter individuals from the South who were upset that the Confederacy lost the Civil War 40+ years after the fact. It's not an reason to deter the living from making progress and striving for advancement.

It's that very thinking that enslaves Black people today. No offense to you, because a lot of people think like that.

I call it Malcolm/MLK Syndrome...the thought that if you are Black and do anything for big social change, someone is going to kill you so you might as well not do it.

Playainda's reference to the MLK/MalcomX syndrome is exactly what I was alluding to discretely. Thanks for calling the absurdity of the position.

Whatever reservations you may have, you do have to vote for the person who best matches your convictions. :cool:

Dave NoCal

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I kind of think an Edwards/Obama ticket could be elected and work. The country has gotten used to Black secretaries of state. It could get used ot a Black VP. He could then stand a much better chance and being elected and surviving. The man has star quality.