Why Barak Obama will not be the first Black President

LeeEJ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Oh man...

I'm still planning to vote for the guy, but jeez, that made me laugh...

Skull Mason

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I don't think he will be President because he hasn't really done shit yet. He is a great writer and speaker but I think people have fallen in love with the idea of him, rather than the substance and actions of him. Just give him some more time, he is not ready yet. I prefer hillary because once she gets in office that means Bill is back in it.

And for the record I'm all for a black president.

playainda336

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Greensboro (North Carolina, United States)
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I don't think he will be President because he hasn't really done shit yet. He is a great writer and speaker but I think people have fallen in love with the idea of him, rather than the substance and actions of him. Just give him some more time, he is not ready yet. I prefer hillary because once she gets in office that means Bill is back in it.
I think people are more scared of Obama for this reason that you give.

But the fact of the matter isn't that "he hasn't done anything" it's just "he hasn't done anything as long as the others."

Obama has strived towards everything he's said in his actions and he NEVER changes his position on anything. He's probably the most consistant candidate running, right now.

But like I said, I want both in the White House and I don't care which is which.

jack99821

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Obama is fairly brilliant in that he's the first candidate in opposition of boomer-isms. Not the baby boomers themselves, mind you, but the mess their generation's administrations have left for us, economically (deficit, social security), ecologically (coal research initiative rings a bell), diplomatically (we lost the last few allies we had over our blind support of Israeli policies last summer; once Tony Blair steps down Britain's new PM will attempt to distance himself from the US to raise approval ratings; even Canada is starting to disagree with us, and they elected a conservative who by all rights should've just been junior's lap dog), and obviously militaristically (Cheney just threatened Iran from an aircraft carrier parked next door to them, although it went under the radar of the media).

Although he isn't that young himself, damned if he doesnt get young dems excited. All dems, actually. I got to see him speak in St. Louis the Friday before last, and the turnout was amazingly diverse. He also is much more popular with Republicans than Hillary, and we need more red states if we want to win back the office.

Just my 2¢, but I definitely think he has a chance. Hillary's polls are down in the early states, by the way.

JustAsking

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

And for the record I'm all for a black president.
Skull,
I see your point on most of this, but we have had quite a few Presidents who haven't done more than be Governor of a State. That's pretty good experience, but Presidents such as Jimmy Carter and even Bill Clinton were virtually unknown before they ran for President. This has happened mostly at times when the American people were itching for a big change.

Perhaps I understood you wrong, though. Did you mean he is unknown or do you mean he has no record to look back on?

Skull Mason

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I dig the country itching for a change bit. What I was saying is that when it comes down to it, you need a President who won't be afraid to hit that red button. I can see hillary's cold ass doing it. But Obama I'm not so sure about. I would prefer to see more of a track record from him, which is what I was referring to. He just spoke in my town at some elite expensive party, a week or two ago, people go crazy over him. My mom is absolutely in love with him. But I think its peoples emotions clouding their minds. Put him in the cabinet and let him get some more experience, then bring him out when the the country is really ready for him and when he is really ready for this country.

And from an aestetic view from the rest of the world it seems a little off to me a guy running our country whose name sounds eerily like osama. I know thats petty but it has got to sit in some peoples subconcious during the run up to the election.

The reason I dont mind guiliani is because he will force a lot of republicans to cross over on certain issues. I also can't believe a large number of republicans would vote for a black president or a woman for that matter, which is what leaves me concerned about the demos chances this time around. Even if the country is in dire need of some change.

JustAsking

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
...What I was saying is that when it comes down to it, you need a President who won't be afraid to hit that red button. I can see hillary's cold ass doing it. But Obama I'm not so sure about....
Because what we really need is less nuance in our foreign policy, right?

BigA

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I do agree that someone will attempt to assassinate him though. That's the sad truth. No one has tried to kill GWB and it isn't like he hasn't given us good reason.

Yeah, i'd guess most people who attempt to assassinate presidents want noteriety. There are easier ways to get a round of cheers.

3664shaken

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Hillary has way to much baggage and the country is less ready for a female president than a black male one.

Obama has no track record, is smart, a great speaker and charismatic, his problem is that he is a professional politician. His book (I only read the last one) was well written but was short on ideas or solutions.

It was pure politics, luke warm and meant not to piss off anyone. Unless he changes this and expresses concrete ideas he is not going to win over the American people.

GW beat Kerry simply because he had plans and ideas, they may have been wrong, but Kerry was never able to give America his plans and ideas. This is what the American people crave and why Reagan and Clinton were both popular.