Why can't we use Nair?

Discussion in 'Underwear, Clothing, and Appearance Issues' started by D_T_Frothingill_Bellows, Aug 4, 2007.

1. D_T_Frothingill_Bellows

D_T_Frothingill_Bellows Account Disabled

Hey guys I'm new.

Umm here's my dilema

I'm not a hairy guy, but I'm not smooth if you get what I'm saying...I have hair, and it's not thin but i'm far from being furry

I used to shave myself with a razor, then i started to use nair on my chest and such...

I'm just wondering why exactly is Nair not supposed to me used on the pubic area? is there a serious reason?

I've not done it but I kinda want to.

Also, I'm Black....so hair grows differently for us, so I'm wondering are there any other black guys out there who shave pubes and have any tips to avoid bumps or things like that?

2. Principessa

Gold Member

3. novice_btm

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    Two words: chemical burns :eek:

Nair is pretty strong. I mean, I've used it on a patch on my back, and if you leave it on too long, first, there's a prickly sort of itch, then fairly quickly, it starts to burn and really irritate your skin (roll-on type, more below). Now, if it will do it on the tough skin of your back, imagine it on the delicate skin that you have elsewhere. In addition to that original women's version, there are now men's versions. On top of that, there are two men's versions. The standard, put-a-glop-in-your-hand kind, and the quick-and-easy-roll-on version. The roll-on version, seems to be MUCH stronger, and has to be removed in just a few minutes. My GUESS is that the roll-on version is stronger, because the roller only applies a thin little coat, where the glop version, you're supposed to put on a healthy layer. So, glop = thick coat, left on 10 minutes, and roll-on = thin coat for 4 minutes. I've tried both a few times. IF I were to try either, I don't think I'd ever try the roll-on type "there".

4. packagedeal11

packagedeal11 New Member

Hi,

I'm african american and I have faced the same problems. First try shaving the hair low with a pair of hair clippers. To get a close shave use a razor designed for african americans. I use a razor call Bump Fighter. I hope this helps.

5. chase1001

chase1001 New Member

Nair is too irritating to use in the pubic area. It can cause vaginal infections in women and general discomfort or itching on such sensitive tissues.

6. Cycleman

Cycleman Member

Can Nair be used on the face? I hate shaving.
    And I'm serious.
    :confused:

7. B_NineInchCock_160IQ

I've used dipilitory cream on my face, back, and chest and had chemical burns on each. I'd like to find a way better than shaving to deal with hair on my genitals, but I'm not going to risk burning them off. I do have unusually sensitive skin, though.

8. b0b3rt831

b0b3rt831 Member

My skin is most sensitive on my face. . . I've used nair down there and on my ass and it only gives me a problem if my ass is sore (too much action ;-))

9. gjorg

Gold Member

They make a dipilitory called Bikini Bare, leave it on half the time they tell you to. especially on balls

10. kalipygian

Gold Member

Albums:
    There is another brand, Veet, I have used several times, even on the sensitive areas that you are warned against on the label. It has worked well without causing a chemical burn. It doesn't leave the sharp stubble that a razor does.

I would advise being very cautious at first, try it in a small area, and stay within the recommended time, and away from the more sensitive areas, where the skin is thinner. I don't think I would even try it on the face, for one thing, the face is usually shaved daily, it should be used in a particular area much less frequently, maybe not closer than two week intervals.

The bumps that are mentioned could be either rash caused by shaving, or an ingrown hair, a rash would be over a larger area, and an ingrown hair would be one or two and would be persistant.

11. B_Think_Kink

B_Think_Kink New Member

You want to have chemical burns on your pee pee... go right ahead.

12. SpoiledPrincess

Gold Member

Some people are much more sensitive to chemicals than others, if you're really keen on using it on your nuts you could try doing a patch test on your inner thigh, if 24 hours later there's no reaction you could move the area to test a little near, to the groin area perhaps and repeat the patch test, then if that's ok do a small patch test on your nuts and leave that for 24 hours, if you don't have a reaction to it it'd seem fairly safe to use it on your nuts. You could have them waxed you know?

13. SensualGoth

SensualGoth New Member

Albums:
    what about a Brazilian Wax? :)

14. No_Strings

Gold Member

I'll probably wax mine someday just for the fun of it. :smile:

15. SensualGoth

SensualGoth New Member

Albums:
    there's parts of ladies bodies that we'd like to have waxed as well... Just can't do it myself..... :p

16. B_Think_Kink

B_Think_Kink New Member

It's much fun!

17. WildHoney

Gold Member

Apparently , according to a ladies forum I belong to, there is a hair remover called "magic" and it is from USA designed for very corse or thick hair ( I think someone said it was marketed at black men>?) anyway the girls rave about it's hair removing power ( genital) and it is great for the vagina, no redness or ouchie...so should be ok for balls too!

I have not used it, but these women swear by it.

here is the link

Smooth Razorless Hair-Removing Cream | Magic | Beauty & Spa | Walgreens

xx
    Honey

18. D_T_Frothingill_Bellows

D_T_Frothingill_Bellows Account Disabled

Thanks guys

Yeah, I've been thinking that it's chemical burns that they don't want u to

I don't think i would wax it b/c i think that would irritate it more than anythin

Hey has anybody tried laser hair removal...how does that work? how long does it last? and do you think i could have that done?

19. sleepiboi

sleepiboi Member

but what do you define as the pubic area for guys? cock and balls? I mean, can you use it on the area above that???I've been wondering that...

20. jcjb2002

jcjb2002 Member

Magic Shave is a powder you mix into a paste/cream applied to remove beards. It is widely available in the USA in a few formulas - Google it... any type skin should be able to use it from the darkest to the fairest, dependingon the formula you need.

I know several people who use it to avoid bumps or rashes. Also, the hair wants to curl around under your skin.. making the larger bumps - so be sure during the time the hair is gone that you follow up with skin mainenence. I know a few friends use an old school "Buff Puff" facial scrubber/sponge with a oatmeal scrub to allow the hair through the skin.

Nair and many other products can be recovered from best if you have something to counteract the chemicals on hand to apply afterward. Even a cool towel helps. I always watch the ph of the area cause the chemical is so caustic. Find a product for soothing burnt skin, definately without alcohol (not after shave..lol.. OUCH), and use after cleaning the area. This should neutralize any pain or reaction. As always a test area is needed cause everyone is different.

Draft saved Draft deleted