Why Can't You Be Gay?

Gerald418

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
No Response
As reliable as the sun rising every day, gay men are going to meet straight men they would doing anything to have sex with. I have learned to give up immediately when in this predicament, but would like to hear how gay men on this site have tried, and possibly failed/succeeded, in converting a 'straight' man, even for a night. Straight women simply can't be that lucky.

B_OtterJoq

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
If you believe straight men can be "converted," then you must believe that gay men can be "converted" as well. I'm not so sure I'd wade into that thicket!

Hellboy0

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Not interested in 'converting' guys. Once I get the inkling that they couldn't be interested, I pack it up and just get on with being a fun bud to be with, rather than a fuckbud.

Though I've had experience with some successful seductions, I know for a fact that they were teetering on the 'gay vs straight' fence. So all I did was show them why I was what they wanted at that moment rather than change them. Trust me: no one can be changed but some will allow themselves to explore what they are already interested in.

D_Cyprius Slapwilly

Experimental Member
Media
I understand your frustration, but good luck with the whole "converting" thing. Just think of how irritated gay rights groups get with Evangelicals thinking that homosexuality can be "cured." If you ain't gay, you just ain't gay.

Jason

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
A lot of guys are bi, possibly even a majority.

Sexuality is on a spectrum, and few guys are 100% straight or 100% gay. However society promotes hetrosexuality and many guys who are bi identify themselves as straight.

So yes it might be possible for a seemingly straight guy to have a gay encounter - but because he is bi, not because he has been converted.

B_Nick4444

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
man, quite a few I wish that were true of ...

Sexuality is on a spectrum, and few guys are 100% straight or 100% gay. However society promotes hetrosexuality and many guys who are bi identify themselves as straight.

So yes it might be possible for a seemingly straight guy to have a gay encounter - but because he is bi, not because he has been converted.

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I understand your frustration, but good luck with the whole "converting" thing. Just think of how irritated gay rights groups get with Evangelicals thinking that homosexuality can be "cured." If you ain't gay, you just ain't gay.

Amen, brother!:smile:

mindseye

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
gay men are going to meet straight men they would doing anything to have sex with.

Why do you believe this? It suggests that gay men's urges are completely out of control. Sure, I've gotten crushes on a few straight guys in my time, but I wouldn't "do anything to have sex with" them. (Frankly, I find most straight men kind of boring when it comes to sex.)

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Not interested in "recruiting" a straight person. It's one of those Myths that just won't die. After all, who'd want to get a blow job from someone who doesn't know what they are doing?

personally ive never tried to convert any straight dude and i wouldnt want to.

Not interested in 'converting' guys. Once I get the inkling that they couldn't be interested, I pack it up and just get on with being a fun bud to be with, rather than a fuckbud...

These thoughts tend to sum up my feelings on the matter. I personally feel that gay men who seek out straight men and then try to coerce them into sex give gay men a bad name. While I understand the temptation of the forbidden or the unavailable (e.g., the virginal woman, the married/attached women or man) I feel that boundaries must be respected.

If a straight buddy approached me and explained that he was feeling curious and wanted to consider some exploration with me as someone he trusts, that would be something I might consider (and then only in rare situations). Chasing straight men for the sake of chasing straight men is bad karma. I wonder how many gay men who do this are really just seeking out masculine men, regardless of their orientation?

1Steve

Loved Member
Media
If you believe straight men can be "converted," then you must believe that gay men can be "converted" as well. I'm not so sure I'd wade into that thicket!
Converted no, but made to think it's OK perhaps? In many Latino cultures, only the bottom guy is thought of as gay. So for them getting a blow job or screwing some guy in the ass is OK as long as they are the one getting blown or doing the screwing, not the other way around. So to some extent I'd have to say what is OK sexually is learned and not totally biological brain wiring.

Kevin4sex

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I have found a large percentage of men (particularly in their late teens and early twenties) have periods, even if its only a half hour, when they are horny and curious as the same time. If you like to sleep with straight guys, and I do, you need to recognize when a guy is in this state, have the guts to act on it, and be prepared to often never talk about it or indicate in any way that it has happened.

As far as converting straight guys, to my knowledge and experience, it can't be done any more than gay people can be converted to straightness.

D_Iskepee_Longwoodee

Sexy Member
Media

Exactly....but most people are bisexual.

Not interested in 'converting' guys. Once I get the inkling that they couldn't be interested, I pack it up and just get on with being a fun bud to be with, rather than a fuckbud.

Trust me: no one can be changed but some will allow themselves to explore what they are already interested in.

So true...

Ah yes....spectrum it is...another intelligent human being who has kept up with his reading. I think everyone is bi...for the most part...the rarest cases have a completely gay man and a completely straight man...not many of those exist. Most people are "BETWEEN" the 1 and 10 on the scale of 1-10 (1 being completely straight and 10 being completely gay) on the spectrum. However, we generally choose to establish an identity based on our comfort level, not our attraction.

wicked.minded

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
hot sex is great,
hot sex with people comfortable with their sexuality.....priceless...

what i mean is, if a guy wants a guy, but wants a girl...well just get both in the same room! i dont feel the need to be labled "gay" or "straight" really applies...like you said "fun-buddies" why does everyone need a lable