Why cruise me?

cgttown

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
This is a question I've pondered numerous times and maybe someone on this board can help me. As the owner of an "above average endowment" (but not huge like some of you), I've wondered what it is that makes other guys in the steam room at the gym try to hit on.

Let me explain. This is the local neighborhood YMCA. This isn't predominantely gay clientle--lots of working guys, all ages, married, single, you name it. I'm married, mostly straight (okay, I've had some encounters but no relationships or anything).

I'll be sitting in the steam room minding my own business, hands down by my side, eyes sometimes closed sometimes open (no come hither looks in other words), enjoying the heat and the hiss of the steam and some other guy will come in and position himself across from me. Before I know it, he's strokin (first a pull, casually of course; then a stroke or two). Mind you, I'm not hard and before he starts pullin on his pud, I'm not even semi. But the guy will continue to stroke a bit, look at me, etc. (You probably know the cruising technique if you can help me with this question).

My question is, why me? Why does this guy seem to think I'm interested. Ok, I may be interested--am interested sometimes--but what makes him think so? Honestly, I don't get it. What signals am I giving out anyway? I'm really trying to understand this, as it has happened numerous times with different men. I've ignored them before only to be cruised by them again later.

Admittedly I've responded a couple of times, but unless there's some network of information out there that says "Hey the brown haired, shorter guy with the beard and nice cock likes a bit of action now and then" I don't get how these guys know to even approach it. Seems like they are living dangerously. What if I decided to punch them, or in the least, report them? It's happened with others in this gym.

Your help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Chuck64

Experimental Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Some straight guys show up on gaydar. I can't explain it. Oddly enough (at least the ones I've encountered), they're always at least open-minded about it.

And then there's homos who, depite our best efforts (excluding drag or ass-less chaps), just don't show up on gaydar, like me.

Of course, they probably like the odds. The chance that they score with an above average attractive guy with an above average endowment is worth the risk of making a scene in the steam room or getting banned from the Y.

novice_btm

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Well, I've had the same happen to me, and it ends up that I asked one guy. He told me that he'd been checking me out in the gym since I walked in, so once I was in the steamroom, he "saw (his) chance." Otherwise, if you're fit, and attractive, and the other guy likes guys, he grabs his dick to see how you react. If it's favourable, then it's great. If you get up and walk away, he just waits for the next hottie to come in and sit down.

I've also had another guy, that was obviously just hoping I would go into the steamroom, come in while it was completely empty, other than me, still sat right down beside me, pulled his towel up and started stroking, and then finally said, "I brought an extra towel for you to cum into." Right about them someone walked in, so he covered himself, and I was spared from addressing my shock. Towel-boy left a few seconds later, saying, "OK, catch up with you later", speaking as if he knew me.

ledroit

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
novice_btm said:
Well, I've had the same happen to me, and it ends up that I asked one guy. He told me that he'd been checking me out in the gym since I walked in, so once I was in the steamroom, he "saw (his) chance."

great reply. I think guys are like dogs, and like contagious behavior. I don't think it's personal at all, and says nothing about you. All is says about the guy cruising you is that he's horny, likes the way you look, wants to jerk off--so he tries it. Thinks maybe you will too. I wish guys were deeper. But speaking purely for myself, I know that at least some aren't. Like dogs, men sniff, piss, eat, sleep, fight, and look around for fun, alone or in a pack.

ChuckRich

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
cgttown said:
Admittedly I've responded a couple of times, but unless there's some network of information out there that says "Hey the brown haired, shorter guy with the beard and nice cock likes a bit of action now and then"
I'm just speculating (no personal experience in cruising or being cruised) but I think you've got your answer right there. Word gets around, especially if you're hung. Probably those few guys you did respond to bragged to someone and then that someone wants a shot. It'd also explain why they try again when you ignore them, they're hoping you just weren't in the mood that day rather than rejecting them.

There's also the fact that some guys who cruise don't wait for any signals. It's like fishing, some people find a place where they know the fish are biting and some just cast their line anywhere and see if they get a bite. It's a bigger sense of accomplishment when you succeed that way.

ledroit

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
novice_btm said:
WHAT??? But I'm stunning. My mother told me so. :tongue:
HAH. then in your case it was personal. Maybe you're the hottest dog he's ever seen and he goes nuts for no reason.

novice_btm

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
novice_btm said:
WHAT??? But I'm stunning. My mother told me so. :tongue:
Mkymkus said:
HAH. then in your case it was personal. Maybe you're the hottest dog he's ever seen and he goes nuts for no reason.
You know, actually, looking back, I don't think it was her. I think it was just Jeff Black teasing me. Hmm... Nevermind, I guess it isn't personal. :tongue:

cgttown

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
novice_btm said:
So, cgttown, how often do you notice it, or how often does it happen?

I want to say "it comes in spurts," but I can't say that with a straight face.:cool:

I would say this happens somewhat frequently--at least a few times a month, and I go to the gym about 4-5 times a week. Enough that it's something I have to consider when I decide to use the steam room.

Thickone

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Mkymkus said:
great reply. I think guys are like dogs, and like contagious behavior. I don't think it's personal at all, and says nothing about you. All is says about the guy cruising you is that he's horny, likes the way you look, wants to jerk off--so he tries it. Thinks maybe you will too. I wish guys were deeper. But speaking purely for myself, I know that at least some aren't. Like dogs, men sniff, piss, eat, sleep, fight, and look around for fun, alone or in a pack.

Wow... great minds think alike:rolleyes:

novice_btm

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Stronzo said:
You must be stunning. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let me hold it. Give me your 10% this instant!
Down, Stronzo, DOWN! Sorry, cgttown, he gets excited sometimes. He's generally harmless though, but it would be easier if you just let him hold it for a minute.

For me, my going to the gym debate revolves around Mr. Magoo. Yes, if you take Mr. Magoo, and put Frank Lloyd Wright's hair on him, this is the guy that comes to the gym about 45 minutes before closing, and takes over the steamroom. If no one is in there with him, he starts singing, horribly. If he's not the only one in there, he just kind of stares, with a strange little grin. Before and after the steam, he just stands around in the locker room, staring, and grinning, and laughing at inanimate objects. So, my debate is, "am I going to run into Mr. Magoo if I go this late?"

Attachments

B_Stronzo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
novice_btm said:
Down, Stronzo, DOWN! Sorry, cgttown, he gets excited sometimes. He's generally harmless though, but it would be easier if you just let him hold it for a minute.

Oh I'm harmless... I just wanna touch it.:cool: And as for the "DOWN" bit. It's impossible. I downloaded that big dude making dinner and pulling his wang. I've been in a perpetual state of arousal ever since.

Okay cgt.. can I just see it but not touch it?

cgttown

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
hmmm...well, maybe I can find the time to post something so you can look, but gotta admit it's a bit intimidating in this company. I mean, I'm not the biggest cock on the walk at the gym, but I'm definitely large enough to play with the big boys. Around here, though, judging from some of the claims and some of the pics, I'm not one of the big boys.

Regardless, I'll see what I can do. Fact is, I'm not "stunning" by any means. I'm nice looking, try to keep fit, and do have a better than average cock. But, most probably, it's my keen intellect and sparkling personality that drives men I've never met to jack off in my presence and try to suck my cock.

That's it for sure. :cool:

B_Stronzo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
novice_btm said:
Big dude making dinner? HUH???

FUUUUUUUUUUUCK. I can't find it novice. Someone posted a download of this gigunda dude making salad while whacking his 12 inch meat. It's somewhere on the site but I'm weary. It's dreadfully naughty and when my boyfriend caught me watching it he had his way with me. :cool:

I'm putting off tomorrow; date with my ACCOUNTANT:mad: :redface: