Why did HazelGod get banned?

D_Fiona_Farvel

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
The insults thing is quite difficult, I find cracker, for example, far less offensive than retard. One will get you banned, one won't. Hey ho.
You went there! :biggrin1:

Speaking of inconsistency, "cracker" results in permanent ban, yet other "racist comments", albeit the misinterpretation of a famous movie quote (which should be acknowledged), receives 30 days?

Something ain't right.

B_curiousme01

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
You went there! :biggrin1:

Speaking of inconsistency, "cracker" results in permanent ban, yet other "racist comments", albeit the misinterpretation of a famous movie quote (which should be acknowledged), receives 30 days?

Something ain't right.

There's actually racists comments in this thread... they've gone ignored.

Some of what Crackoff said is valid. There are a few people here (in this thread too) who are habitual abusers to other members and they have not been banned, yet they continue to spread their hate all over lpsg. Daily, hourly, etc.

Anyone can go to these profiles and click on the "stats" link to glance at the threads they wrote. You don't even have to open any of them to get and idea of who they are as people.

I could point them out, but most of us know who they are. Why have they not been banned? Like forever? It's not in a few threads they demean others in every way possible, but in the majority of them...I personally think it's why they come here.

I do think the Mods have a rough road here, but it would be helpful if they were all on the same page for what constituents being banned and were more fair about doing it.

Maybe we would all feel a little better over the ban situation if the Mods created a thread topic that allowed members to post specific comments they felt constituted the banning of another and then applied the same rules to everyone?

B_curiousme01

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I just found this in the LPSG Terms of Usage (think that's what it was called).

Harassment of, or threats against, other LPSG members - This applies to the main forum, thread tags, PMs, chat room, IMs, visitor comments and galleries.
Hate speech and general trolling - Content whose primary purpose is to incite or promote hatred towards an identifiable group: Wiki - Hate Speech Trolling covers a vast array of behavior but mainly revolves around members who consistently post in a manner which they know will upset others, members who insist on going off topic to serve their own agenda (which has nothing to do with the topic at hand)
Senseless or unrecognizable content

Last edited:

B_curiousme01

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
My cheeks are blushing in appreciation. :redface:

Now curiousme01, please come and educate me. Where are the racist comments in this thread?

Okay...
[/QUOTE]Fail? I would call your drivel, and just about everything else you post, an 'empathy fail'. This place is full of people who are abjectly unable to put themselves in others' places, and you are one of them. You have a void where you should have a heart. But then, I've said many times that being white means you don't have to think about it. You are further proof of that. [/QUOTE]

To me, although I agree with some of the things in the post above, the bolded words are a racist comment or slur. I'm not sure he meant them to be, but I think they are.

mitchymo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Its a shame he was banned. His racist comment must have been very subtle. I certainly don't recognise the phrase which i'm assuming is the offending one.

Glad its temporary. Historically we've not got along, but we certainly share similiar sentiments of some on this board.
He gives usually better than he gets, principally cos there is more truth in his take, he helps show up those who are real trouble makers.

Its really worth remembering that while masturbating is a frontline subject, Master Baiting is very much a discreet affair. Lose the baiters, sun comes out!
I can think of more worthy bans for bad behaviour than this one.

curious_angel

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Okay...
Fail? I would call your drivel, and just about everything else you post, an 'empathy fail'. This place is full of people who are abjectly unable to put themselves in others' places, and you are one of them. You have a void where you should have a heart. But then, I've said many times that being white means you don't have to think about it. You are further proof of that.
To me, although I agree with some of the things in the post above, the bolded words are a racist comment or slur. I'm not sure he meant them to be, but I think they are.

Thanks for responding curiousme01, but I'm still not clear. Are you saying that Hickboy's comment in his post, responding to SilverTrain, is racist against white people? Please can you elaborate.

B_curiousme01

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Thanks for responding curiousme01, but I'm still not clear. Are you saying that Hickboy's comment in his post, responding to SilverTrain, is racist against white people? Please can you elaborate.

He said: "
But then, I've said many times that being white means you don't have to think about it. You are further proof of that. "

I read it as a racist comment. That's my opinion, although I don't think Hickboy is racist. I haven't seen him saying things like that before, but the comment above, to me, is racist.

Please explain why I am wrong.

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight

But then, I've said many times that being white means you don't have to think about it. You are further proof of that. "

I read it as a racist comment. That's my opinion, although I don't think Hickboy is racist. I haven't seen him saying things like that before, but the comment above, to me, is racist.

It's not racist: it's a fact that being white in Western societies is "normal" (ugh! hate that word), being of color is not. Much the same can be said regarding minority religions and sexual orientations, too.

You're trying much too hard to be offended.

B_curiousme01

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I see it differently and am not really offended. I was asked to point out a comment I personally thought was racist...

Remove the word white and replace with asian, black, hispanic etc. Would you consider it a racist comment then? I would.

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
It's not racist: it's a fact that being white in Western societies is "normal" (ugh! hate that word), being of color is not. Much the same can be said regarding minority religions and sexual orientations, too.

You're trying much too hard to be offended.
Thanks. I was just about to respond along the same lines Bbucko. It's no different than saying Muslims in Turkey don't have to think about it. It's the norm. The majoritites in any society generally don't have to think about how minorities get on with life.

curious_angel

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View

In your original post, stating that there were racist comments in this thread, you were suggesting that the Mods should apply the LPSG ToS more consistently. You were implying that they sometimes turn a blind eye to racism.

I was trying to understand why you hold the opinion that Hickboy's comment was racist. Following your logic, as you are highlighting Hickboy's comment as racist, you must also want him banned. Just out of interest, in your view how often does someone have to make a racist comment before you consider them to be a racist?

My interpretation was that HB was commenting on his perceived view that SilverTrain lacks empathy for others, as opposed to making a racial slur as you suggested.

Last edited:

D_Tim McGnaw

Account Disabled
Media
I see it differently and am not really offended. I was asked to point out a comment I personally thought was racist...

Remove the word white and replace with asian, black, hispanic etc. Would you consider it a racist comment then? I would.

OK in the strictest possible sense, saying anything is typical of a whole race of people is a form of racial stereotyping. In the case you cite though it's neither offensive nor is it an attempt to denigrate and insult an entire race of people, and it's certainly not hate speech. In common usage of the word "Racism" it is the hate speech aspect of racism which is the aspect people think of primarily. It is hate speech in racial stereotyping which it is essential to try to combat.

If I say black people are a good looking people, strictly speaking and applying the dictionary definition of the term "Racism" to this statement it is racist, because it makes broad generalisations about an entire race. However I don't think anyone would be likely to be offended by me saying I think black people are a good looking race. So even though its a broad generalisation about an entire race, it does no harm to say it.

Last edited:

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay

huh? The comment wouldn't make any sense at all if you did that.

D_Fiona_Farvel

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
There's actually racists comments in this thread... they've gone ignored.

Some of what Crackoff said is valid. There are a few people here (in this thread too) who are habitual abusers to other members and they have not been banned, yet they continue to spread their hate all over lpsg. Daily, hourly, etc.

Anyone can go to these profiles and click on the "stats" link to glance at the threads they wrote. You don't even have to open any of them to get and idea of who they are as people.

I could point them out, but most of us know who they are. Why have they not been banned? Like forever? It's not in a few threads they demean others in every way possible, but in the majority of them...I personally think it's why they come here.

I do think the Mods have a rough road here, but it would be helpful if they were all on the same page for what constituents being banned and were more fair about doing it.

Maybe we would all feel a little better over the ban situation if the Mods created a thread topic that allowed members to post specific comments they felt constituted the banning of another and then applied the same rules to everyone?
Not sure about racism in this thread, however, I agree with the majority of your points. There's a lot to say on this topic, but I am sure I have said it all before in the TK, NotLK, Principessa, Red, and other ban threads - even Trinity's. Having only witnessed one ban overturned in three years, DCDeep's, and few meted out equally, I'm definitely in a "why bother" mindset.