Why did HazelGod get banned?

The Dragon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Are you even sure HG was banned for a racist comment? By the looks of that link that was shared it was more trolling then anything else. It was a couple of pages worth of HG and VB arguing and it's funny cause in a earlier post in that thread someone told some guy to stop bothering VB or to take it to PM's before they get reported for trolling. I think it was HG I'll go back and check on that.

This was cut and pasted from the Moderator actions thread.

HazelGod - temp ban for racist remarks, 30 days
exandracoler - spammer
revenge12212012 - minor
BigVocals - minor

mitchymo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
How long can you hold your breath for, Mitchy?
I wager it's not long enough.

Can we make it a small wager, i've never been good at holding my breath.

I (as at least one of the admin team know well) think transparency is a good thing. In situations where members seem to see a mod decision as OTT, it would be very appropriate to have an open discussion between mods and members instead of concealing any over-reaction and hint of weakness behind the scenes.

How fair is a majority concensus when a majority may be corrupt? Transparency at least allows us to see fairness IS happening instead of having to take word for it.

For example, lets assume that HG had gotten on the wrong side of a mod or two prior to this incident, would it effect their decision? Did it? Only one way to prove respectability, thats openness.

The Dragon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Can we make it a small wager, i've never been good at holding my breath.

I (as at least one of the admin team know well) think transparency is a good thing. In situations where members seem to see a mod decision as OTT, it would be very appropriate to have an open discussion between mods and members instead of concealing any over-reaction and hint of weakness behind the scenes.

How fair is a majority concensus when a majority may be corrupt? Transparency at least allows us to see fairness IS happening instead of having to take word for it.

For example, lets assume that HG had gotten on the wrong side of a mod or two prior to this incident, would it effect their decision? Did it? Only one way to prove respectability, thats openness.

You of all people know if a mod opens his mouth too wide he gets banned.

luka82

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Fuck me hard, this is INSANE!
Bigotry!
How we ignore the fact that our loved one has commited a sin!

The Dragon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Fuck me hard, this is INSANE!
Bigotry!
How we ignore the fact that our loved one has commited a sin!

Insane....why am I not at all surprised to see you dancing on HG's grave?

You didn't have the sac to stand up to him when he was here and now you've gotten all brave now that he's banned.
And to think we lost MickeyLee and kept some two-faced low life!
Boy we really got screwed over in that deal.

luka82

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Insane....why am I not at all surprised to see you dancing on HG's grave?

You didn't have the sac to stand up to him when he was here and now you've gotten all brave now that he's banned.
And to think we lost MickeyLee and kept some two-faced low life!
Boy we really got screwed over in that deal.

Woooooooooow, melodramatic, aren`t we!?
If I wanted HG gone I guess I would have reported him, like anytime...But I haven`t! ( a mod can confirm this statement with my blessings, and if I have ever reported him, a mod, any mod has my blessing to say what for. I hardly EVER report people)
I don`t have anything to do with ML`s ban! I have said it once, I will say it again.
Now if I were you, I would avoid calling people low lifes. You hardly have the credibility.

The Dragon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Woooooooooow, melodramatic, aren`t we!?
If I wanted HG gone I guess I would have reported him, like anytime...But I haven`t! ( a mod can confirm this statement with my blessings, and if I have ever reported him, a mod, any mod has my blessing to say what for. I hardly EVER report people)
I don`t have anything to do with ML`s ban! I have said it once, I will say it again.
Now if I were you, I would avoid calling people low lifes. You hardly have the credibility.

Well then I guess you'll take all your lauded "credibility" and take it to "the place that can't be named" and make another thread about it then..because you are just SO discerning about the company you keep..right?

luka82

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Well then I guess you'll take all you lauded "credibility" and take it to "the place that can't be named" and make another thread about it then..because you are just SO discerning about the company you keep..right?
Oh, I know my place.
You really should worry about your company, my company rocks. :cool:

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
This was cut and pasted from the Moderator actions thread.

HazelGod - temp ban for racist remarks, 30 days
exandracoler - spammer
revenge12212012 - minor
BigVocals - minor

When they post something like this the key word is "racist". Unless someone calls someone a specific name out of hate the label "racist" should not be thrown around so easily. "inappropriate or offensive remark" or something similar, if a reason has to be given, should be used.

luka82

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
And I bloody resent "Dancing on Grave" comment, cause that would actually mean I care, which I don`t.
I ask all the good people of LPSG what would happen if a member-xvcdsjudyeidreutewkjeyt got banned for racistic remarks?
I know the answer-Nothing! But, since this is a well-known member some of us are ready to ignore what was said. And that is what I resent. That is bigotry.
If this has happened in chat and I was the one who said it, I bet on my life that I would have been reported and there would be sanctions. And, guess what I wouldn`t blame the person who reported me. I bloody deserve it.
I don`t think HG is a racist. But he has said it, in my opinion it was the lack of arguements. What message will the mods be sending if they forgive some and ban the others? We have rules, same rules for everyone.

mitchymo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
And I bloody resent "Dancing on Grave" comment, cause that would actually mean I care, which I don`t.
I ask all the good people of LPSG what would happen if a member-xvcdsjudyeidreutewkjeyt got banned for racistic remarks?
I know the answer-Nothing! But, since this is a well-known member some of us are ready to ignore what was said. And that is what I resent. That is bigotry.
If this has happened in chat and I was the one who said it, I bet on my life that I would have been reported and there would be sanctions. And, guess what I wouldn`t blame the person who reported me. I bloody deserve it.
I don`t think HG is a racist. But he has said it, in my opinion it was the lack of arguements. What message will the mods be sending if they forgive some and ban the others? We have rules, same rules for everyone.

With all due respect Luka, in this case, what he said is different to what NJQT said for example. What she said, and i disagreed with her ban for that loose remark which has a racist AND anti-tyranical usage which in her case i took the latter in context of when and to whom it was said, HG's comment has no racist connection, i've searched the net trying to find its usage as a racist remark and the closest i got was a question from a poster on yahoo asking if it was or not.
The accepted meaning of the 'go get your shinebox' phrase is an utter show of disrespect, it has nothing to do with racism.

Hickboy's understanding of the word must be used in such a small circle, (he says in the culture that HG grew up, its used as a racist insult, yet where the hell is the evidence? i can't find anything beyond meaning 'utter disrespect') that it makes me wonder whether it was actually him who reported it. Sorry Hick, to clarify, i'm not pointing the finger at you certainly, i just mean that the thought crossed my mind when thinking about how rare this comment must actually be as a racist terminology because i've come up zip trying to find anything whereas in NJQT's case, there was reference of racism within 'cracker', you just happened to be the poster who actually gave any connection with the comment as racist, but somebody out there has made a report on what appears to be such a shallow ground, and its managed to convince? Tho i'm not entirely surprised :rolleyes:

The Dragon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
VB has already stated for the record that he didn't report HG.
I personally believe (and I know that I am right) that this is less about people being offended on VB's behalf and more to do with malicious elements within both the Moderating body and the membership with axes to grind.

They (the moderating body) have acted wrongly in misinterpretation of the comment in question and not only handed down the wrong punishment but also slandered him with the "racist" label.
This is not a case of "oh well in a few days HG will be back and all will be well" because
damage has been done to HG's reputation because of a grudge.
God forbid that the moderating body has to eat crow and actually admit they aren't so fucking perfect and god like and actually rescind the ban and ...GASP..say sorry in an effort to undo that damage?

luka82

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Mitchy if that what you say is true, and I do not know, because this is the first time I have heard that term he shouldn`t be banned.
But English is not my mother language and I have to believe you people when it comes to definitions of racist terms. The ones I know are only the worst ones and the ones that should never been used. But unfortunately I hear them too often all over the internet.
But if the term is racist like it has been pointed out, there must be sanctions.

Last edited:

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
The accepted meaning of the 'go get your shinebox' phrase is an utter show of disrespect, it has nothing to do with racism.
I think that's true, in the sense that a white guy could make the comment to another white guy with nothing racist intended.
It would be a belittling remark ... a suggestion that the person was a loser, working at menial things, unlikely to have a three-digit IQ.
If a white guy said that to a black guy, then an overtone of racism might intrude ... because of context, not because that overtone is in the expression itself.
Who knows what HG meant?
It might have been racist, it might not have been.
I consider it a trivial throw-away line in an exchange that didn't honour either of them.

mitchymo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

If a white guy said that to a black guy, then an overtone of racism might intrude ... because of context, not because that overtone is in the expression itself.

Would it be the same if it was a black guy saying it to a white guy i wonder.

I think there appears to be a serious PC imbalance when rational thinking has given way to protecting the the ultra-sensitive. Either that or...as dragonfly20 reckons. Wonder which it is.

I would like to see some decent evidence tho, he's been banned for racist remarks, so there must be some 'evidence' out there right? Not just personal opinions.