Why did Obama nominate Kagan f/Supremme Court

sewmun

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Could it have been the she was the Solicitator General working for the Dept of justice on the suit against HIM about wanting HIM to prove his natural citizenship.
Go here:Search

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Linguine with Roasted Red Peppers, Tomatoes & Toasted Breadcrumbs

Ingredients Kosher salt

1 medium clove garlic

12-ounce jar roasted red peppers, drained and cut into 1/4-inch dice (about 1 cup)

1 cup small grape or cherry tomatoes, halved

1/2 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley

4-1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil

1 tablespoon capers, rinsed and chopped

1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes

1/2 cup coarse fresh breadcrumbs, preferably whole wheat

12 ounces dried linguine or spaghetti

1/2 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano; more for serving

Directions
1. Bring a large pot of well-salted water to a boil over high heat.
2. Meanwhile, coarsely chop the garlic. Sprinkle it with 1/2 teaspoon salt and using the flat side of a chef's knife mash it to a paste.
3. In a large bowl, stir the garlic paste, roasted peppers, tomatoes, parsley, 3 tablespoons of the oil, the capers, and the pepper flakes.
4. Heat the remaining 1-1/2 tablespoons oil in a 10-inch skillet over medium heat. Add the breadcrumbs and toast, stirring frequently, until the smaller crumbs are golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to a plate and sprinkle with salt.
5. Cook the linguine in the boiling water according to package directions until al dente. Reserve about 1/4 cup of the pasta water and drain the pasta in a colander. Add the hot pasta to the red pepper mixture, toss to combine, and add just enough of the reserved pasta water to moisten (you won't need it all). Add the cheese, toss well, and season to taste with salt. Serve topped with the breadcrumbs and additional cheese.

D

deleted15807

Linguine with Roasted Red Peppers, Tomatoes & Toasted Breadcrumbs

Ingredients Kosher salt

1 medium clove garlic

12-ounce jar roasted red peppers, drained and cut into 1/4-inch dice (about 1 cup)

1 cup small grape or cherry tomatoes, halved

1/2 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley

4-1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil

1 tablespoon capers, rinsed and chopped

1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes

1/2 cup coarse fresh breadcrumbs, preferably whole wheat

12 ounces dried linguine or spaghetti

1/2 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano; more for serving

Directions
1. Bring a large pot of well-salted water to a boil over high heat.
2. Meanwhile, coarsely chop the garlic. Sprinkle it with 1/2 teaspoon salt and using the flat side of a chef's knife mash it to a paste.
3. In a large bowl, stir the garlic paste, roasted peppers, tomatoes, parsley, 3 tablespoons of the oil, the capers, and the pepper flakes.
4. Heat the remaining 1-1/2 tablespoons oil in a 10-inch skillet over medium heat. Add the breadcrumbs and toast, stirring frequently, until the smaller crumbs are golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to a plate and sprinkle with salt.
5. Cook the linguine in the boiling water according to package directions until al dente. Reserve about 1/4 cup of the pasta water and drain the pasta in a colander. Add the hot pasta to the red pepper mixture, toss to combine, and add just enough of the reserved pasta water to moisten (you won't need it all). Add the cheese, toss well, and season to taste with salt. Serve topped with the breadcrumbs and additional cheese.

This has GOT to be good Kosher salt or not. Capers and pasta always go well together :smile:

B_OtterJoq

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
sewmun, Birthers are KKKrazy. It's a scientific fact.

Are you just going to keep lobbing reactionary stink bombs from FAUX "News" and elsewhere and then running away like a coward?

And what's up with no pics, buddy? C'mon...this is a penis-based website, and yet it seems the only reason you're here is to stir up trouble with your unsupportable accusations and weak cut-and-paste jobs.

That's pretty damn pathetic, I'd say.

avg_joe

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Could it have been the she was the Solicitator General working for the Dept of justice on the suit against HIM about wanting HIM to prove his natural citizenship.

Because Obama wanted to see a diverse mix in the Supreme Court. Kagan is a closet lesbian, but nobody wants to talk about it. She is also a very intelligent liberal elite. Personally, I like both Roberts and Kagan.

Zeuhl34

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

You're missing the obvious: Kagan is actually an anti-New World Order activist and freelance paranormal investigator in her free time, and she was getting far too close to discovering Obama is really a non-Earthling from far beyond our own solar system who happens to be in cahoots with the Illuminati. That's why he nominated her.

Duh.:rolleyes:

Rammajamma771

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Read it all before you vilify me. All of you are ... uh, pathetically partisan. On Tuesday, November 4, 2008 the people of the United States chose Barack Hussein Obama to be their president, just as we have every 4 years since the Constitution was ratified. Since 1789 it has been the responsibility of the office of the President to nominate and for the Senate to ratify Supreme Court justices. That is a responsibility that falls on the president when a vacancy occurs. Our problem is partisanship. Let's not forget that during the administration of George W. Bush (43rd), the Democrats never forgave him for winning the 2000 election in the Supreme Court ruling (Dec. 12, 2000 - GEORGE W. BUSH, ET AL., PETITIONERS v. ALBERT GORE, JR., ET AL.), and hounded him mercilessly throughout his two terms as the pretender to the Presidency. The liberal press Miami Herald reported in their book about the election recount, Democracy Held Hostage, that the recount rules requested by Gore would have lost the election for the Democrats, the professional left wingers never relented in their attacks on Bush. Now the half truths and lies are being applied to Obama. I don't understand why Obama won't produce a copy of his birth certificate but it is way past time that the professional right wingers acquiesce to the defeat of 2008. In 2000 and in 2008, the Constitution worked. In the 2000 election, the courts made the final decision. In the 2008 election challenges, the courts have not found any basis to question Obama's citizenship. So both sides need to "Cool it". You may not like the opposition but they have always remained the LOYAL opposition. However, in the last 20 years, the opposition has become increasingly more like the opposition in the banana republics of Central and South America. I lived through the Watergate investigation 1972-74. As the investigation proceeded and Nixon was shown to be involved in the cover-up, I feared waking up one morning to learn that Nixon had surrounded the U.S. Capitol with troops and tanks and had dismissed the Congress. Never since Nixon's resignation have I feared for our democratic process. I do fear for the civility of the radical right and left who are worried only about their self interest and not about the country. Too many twist the interpretation of the Constitution to fit their personal views rather than reading it without prejudice.

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
All of you are ... uh, pathetically partisan.

And you're not in the slightest, yet managed to sneak in a classic "birther" line? I've yet to meet a single soul on this board who doesn't slant in the slightest towards one direction over the other on various political issues.

The fact is (and will always be) that Obama doesn't have to provide a birth certificate in a public form to satisfy anyone's paranoia that he may not be an American. This is a non-issue, continually propagated by selected members of the GOP and conservative talking heads to spark fear, division and resentment among the masses and to wind up extremely jingoistic people who believe that the only people who are American are those who look and talk like themselves. And boy, does it work. If it's not the President, then it's the Muslims... or the Mexicans and their anchor babies... or "teh gayz" and their evil agendas to teach everyone how to vogue and properly accessorize... or the unemployed and their so-called dependency to entitlements programs that they involuntarily paid into all of their working lives... or perhaps it'll be the infamous career Welfare Moms this week? They're due for another round of hate, aren't they?

I don't fear the democratic process. Every system of government is flawed to various degrees and there will always be people willing to do whatever it takes to gain power and spread corruption. What I fear the most are the manic, intellectually deficient civilians that continually fall for a corrupt politician's song and dance. Even if you can't trust them all, there is always a better choice out of the two. Better the man or woman who brings you a pie but can only give you the crust, than someone who hands you a brownie when you know it's a cow chip. But ultimately, it's the votes from these blindly, ideological prognosticators that put the worst of abusers in office to do the damage. But hey, at least they're loyal... right? :rolleyes: :sad:

Last edited:

Zeuhl34

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Shhhhh....I have it from a reliable source that Obama is from Mars.

Pfft...He wishes. At least then he'd be from our solar system. I've got a credible source that informs me his origins are closer to the Horsehead Nebula.