Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I made the mistake of falling in love. Love is for losers who want to get cheated on like my wife cheated on me.

I'm so sorry that you are feeling that way. I can totally empathize and used to feel the same way. It's not love that sucks, it's the people that don't hold have the values to honor it.

People used to tell me that the hurt would go away. The hurt never completely goes away, but it does dull.

Damn, I can remember being exactly where you are at. (((Hugs)))

thadjock

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
why is easy: he "gets" me

where is fact: house party at best (female) friend's house, she now admits subversive matchmaking when she introduced us months b4.

when is incremental: sometimes it just sneaks up on u, at first it was nothing but lust

how i knew: he told me i was being an ass at the party--i've met my match.

jeff black

Expert Member
Media
And for those of us who aren't jaded,...they were special, made me feel like a better man, and laughed at my bad jokes, while also putting me in my place when I was being ridiculous

whabb

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I fell in love because I thought she was attractive, strong, hard working, intelligent, and sweet. That description was almost perfect- I just needed to substitute "bullheaded, uncompromising, unreasonable, stubborn, self-centered, and bitchy" for "sweet".

Gustavovolvo

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
I'm so sorry that you are feeling that way. I can totally empathize and used to feel the same way. It's not love that sucks, it's the people that don't hold have the values to honor it.

People used to tell me that the hurt would go away. The hurt never completely goes away, but it does dull.

Thanks. I am sure I will get past it at least most of it. right now it's still new and raw and at a time of year when I would least want it.

D_Relentless Original

Cherished Member
Media

Spot on CG, values and respect and trust play a big part, once one or all of them are broken, thats the end for me i guess.

B_Nick8

Cherished Member
Media
New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
why is easy: he "gets" me

where is fact: house party at best (female) friend's house, she now admits subversive matchmaking when she introduced us months b4.

when is incremental: sometimes it just sneaks up on u, at first it was nothing but lust

how i knew: he told me i was being an ass at the party--i've met my match.

You're adorable.

Dunno, can't help it usually.

It's sometimes someone who's a bit of a challenge though, and slightly out of reach - or someone I admire because they have qualities that I don't.

Or...sometimes it's just because I think they're sweet, and either their attitude does it for me, or something
they've said or done highlights that they're a bit special. Grows over time usually though, and I notice more and more aspects of their personality that I like.

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
We had a wonderful dinner and laughed and got to know each other and afterward from the very first kiss he knocked me off my feet. We celebrated the anniversary of that first date last week and we are still falling in love over and over as the years go by.

flame boy

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
For me, there is no reason why. To me, why would insinuate it was something I made a conscious decision to do, when in fact it was very spontaneous.

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
It just happened. Why I don't know. One minute I was washing dishes at my friend's house during a party, the next minute this gorgeous women was standing next to me drying them and I felt happy all over and we were laughing and I couldn't quite think straight.

Countryguy63

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
It just happened. Why I don't know. One minute I was washing dishes at my friend's house during a party, the next minute this gorgeous women was standing next to me drying them and I felt happy all over and we were laughing and I couldn't quite think straight.

Shucks, I would have jumped in and helped had I known you were'nt thinking "straight" :wink:

opportunity missed :frown1:

Brensta

Superior Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
We were both kind of set up by a mutual friend without knowing it, which just goes to show she is an incredibly deceitful woman, because we both agreed that if we realised what she was trying, we both wouldnt have turned up.

She had a fancy dress (1920's theme) we both met at, we met and I realised he actually got my sense of humour, which is saying something because alot of people take it as criticism rather than me just being a smart ass.

I was actually really keen on him that night, but he seemed to be just a bit of a straight playful flirt, which is apparently what he thought about me too. Didn't realise until close to the end of the night he was into guys (even though it was damn obvious).

Got his details off my friend a day later, took a while to summon up the courage to call (bit out of the game for a while, was actually pretty sure I was heading back to women as a preference) and then he called me instead and apologised for taking so long to call me etc.

Been going great ever since, hes a hard working, very loyal and incredibly trustworthy guy. Into the same music and TV as me (and he has the same soft spot for Joss Whedon and US The Office) which all leads up to the fact he just feels right to me now. He is smart, honest, and is very comfortable in telling me when Im being stupid or ridiculous about something.

The fact that he is well hung and is pratically sex on legs is a great bonus as well

Astrate

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
36D. Pretty face.

The rest happened later and has lasted 25yrs, along with the 36D.

D

deleted3782

...values and respect and trust play a big part, once one or all of them are broken, thats the end for me i guess.

This is interesting. The kinds of things that have made me fall in love (wit, mutual interests, and attraction) are completely different from the kinds of things that make me fall out of love (values, respect, and trust).