Why do bad things happen to good people?

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
WHY DO BAD THINGS HAPPEN TO GOOD PEOPLE?

• Good people were at the wrong place, at the wrong time.
  • People allowed the shit to happen.
  • Good people weren't good enough to counteract evil.
  • Bad luck can thrive in certain areas of the world...you weren't prepared for it.
  • Bad things happen to make good people realize it is time to manifest and implement good.
  • Maybe bad things are blessings in disguise.
  • Bad things?! There could be worse things happening.

Mumzi

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It's life. Good and bad happen. Sometimes we put ourselves in situations where we are more likely to have bad outcomes. But often it's luck or life, however you want to view it. As a nurse I see some very sad things . Often doesn't seem fair.

But I do believe in karma, to a point. Just being a decent human being is probably a good idea.
Just in case. ;)

Because usually good people go out of their way to help others, and sometimes bad happens to them in their doing so, funny thing is the balance is always set straight plus a little more further down the road.

Why is it that mother nature knows and is able to predict and balance out the human population of male and female, usually if not always near to spot on 50/50? There may be discrepancies due to human interference, but somehow that is corrected in time as well

Tangent.

august86

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
An age-old question that I'd also like the answer to.

Maybe "less than" good people take the bad much easier than good people do. Does that mean good people have a sense of entitlement in wanting to receive only good? likely.

At times I take a mental poll of all the genuinely good people I know whom have had incredibly crappy things happen to them, but it always leads me to the same conclusion: there's a high possibility that something shitty will happen to you, regardless of whether you're a kind, gentle and generous person or an evil, selfish, good-for nothing douche bag. So, make decisions based on what you want to do.

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Why do bad things happen to good people?
Do you have a personal theory on this phenomenon?

uuhhhmm...can we argue that we are 'not really good people'
suppose i shouldna use we, gonna get told off soon ha
then i suppose it would mean ... not good people?

paigexox

Sexy Member
Media
Probability. It's not karma, it isn't God, and those who are good aren't always rewarded. You do things and there are associative events linked to them that can predispose you to, but do not solely determine an end result.

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I had a cop boyfriend who would go out of his way to give tickets to people with Jesus fish sign bumper stickers or anything religious on their car.

I had a cop boyfriend who would go out of his way to give tickets to people with Jesus fish sign bumper stickers or anything religious on their car.
Thinking bumper sticker for your copper friend "Oink if you dislike Jesus"

B_Hickboy

Sexy Member
Media
Meh, you're a bunch of sublimely arrogant cunts who take things way too personally. Just because you don't like something doesn't mean it's bad. Who the fuck do you think you are, anyway? Grow the fuck up, quit playing God, dance a little, and fuck off and quit ruining my life.

Hoss

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Meh, you're a bunch of sublimely arrogant cunts who take things way too personally. Just because you don't like something doesn't mean it's bad. Who the fuck do you think you are, anyway? Grow the fuck up, quit playing God, dance a little, and fuck off and quit ruining my life.
Go check the gas pipe to make sure it's working.......here take this book of matches.......