Why do cocks get hard during our sleep?

Notaes

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I think one of the most wonderful things about our cocks is how they get hard while we sleep. If I wake up its as hard a a rock. If I go back to sleep it get hard as it can be all over again. If I get up and go to the bathroom as soon as I am on my feet my big boner is gone. As soon as I go back to sleep its big and hard all over again. To me its a mystery how all this takes place, Do any of you guys have any comment on how this keeps our penises healthy? To me it is a mystery.

soundsgreat87

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
From what I've heard, it's to keep all the machinery down there working. The blood vessels and muscles get a little nocturnal workout and keeps your dick able to get hard and ready at a moment's notice.

Blkbull

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I stumbled across this recently.....

It's because you're making testestrone in your sleep & it builds up. Result, morning wood. Basic terms, the plumbing still works.

Reactions: 933295

I don't know, will have to put this question in the .....too hard....basket.

TGhotinABQ

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
What is more puzzling is that i do suffer from ED and require some Blue when neccessary but i will virtually every night
wake with a raging hardon but if i try to work it i'll lose it?? Just wondering why it dsoes not do this on command??

a3sthetic

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Most likely it's your body's way of making sure your prong is getting enough oxygen while you sleep. Women get swollen clits through the night too which makes sense since it's the equivalent equipment.

Reactions: lapdog2001

testoni

Sexy Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I was also fascinated by this, as when I would wake up in the middle of the night with a huge erection, I knew I wasn't having any sexual thoughts at the time. About a year ago, I did some research to find out. I remember coming across a study which said that while we're awake, the male brain releases an "enzyme" into the blood stream that prevents the blood from rushing into the penis, which would create an almost constant erection. However, sexual thought and activity can override this enzyme, which is why we get erections during these times. At night, while we are asleep, the brain stops this enzyme, and allows the penis to engorge on and off while we sleep. As others have mentioned, this is our body's way of maintenance on our dicks.