Why do Cops act like Assholes?

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
One bad apple spoils the whole barrel, unfortunately there can be 10,000 good cops going about their job honourably and it's just the one bad apple we'll remember. Lots of cops are arseholes, but their uniform makes them stand out more than your normal on the street arsehole.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
mem0101 - I dont think I asked this before, it never really mattered. :rolleyes: With what race or ethnicity do you identify yourself..

I am a white Hispanic. I've been told I look Hispanic, Italian, Greek, Jewish, Lebanese, and some other ethnicities. Some people know or assume that I am Hispanic. One club friend was surprised to hear me talking in Spanish to another person. I've also had some people say bad things about Hispanics to me. I've also heard a few people say nasty things about me in Spanish too, not knowing that I understood them.

As far as cops go, someone did point out that I (as th OP) did say that they "act" like assholes, not that they are.

The nicest thing I've seen a (white) cop do was take $25 out of his own pocket to pay for a cab for a (black) lady with two small children who had missed their bus Newark.

I don't feel that the cops are out to get me. One time I was leaving a club with a black friend and a cop stopped us, but it was because I had forgotten to turn my headlights on, and he just let us go on our way.

Jovial

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I've had good luck with policemen in my life. Unfortunately, that may be because I'm white and never drove an expensive or flashy car. I usually don't give them a reason to pull me over (use my signals, replace burned out lights and drive fairly sane). I have heard some bad stories from friends though.

I think only a small portion of policemen are bad, but what gets me mad is when the other policemen don't get rid of them. They'd rather stick together which makes them almost as bad as the other ones.

This thread reminds me of the movie Serpico (1973) about a policeman Frank Serpico in New York in the 1960's fighting police corruption.

the_reverend

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
because a limited amount of authority gives them the right to take out their personal frustrations in their own life on you (in their own minds, that is.). :p

Rikter8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Most cops I've met have been perfectly nice and helpful. Maybe it's because I'm a girl. I don't know.

Do you really think they're going to give a ticket to a hot mamma like you?
They are hoping for a piece of ass, or whatever else they can get by being nice.

His hand was starting to swell up so I went to the local fire station -- surprisingly, no help there.

Suprise Suprise... "Not my job" award.

My son was impressed. Driving away, he asked me what people had to do to become a cop. :wink:

Not Much other than pass a physical exam and graduate high school.
Here, the state police are supposed to have a bachelors degree. I dont think the city/twp/county have to have anything more than either an associates, or high school diploma.
There's a huge difference between city/township/county police and State.
When it's Quota time at the beginning and end of every month, all you see are several City/Township/county cops all over, littering the streets, often 2-3 cars together sitting at a corner clocking people (Of course in the 7-11 parking lot for munchees).

I all too often see police speeding past me in excess of 80mph, like the one time the cop that pulled me over for going 52 in a 45. That same cop passed me on the same 45mph road at LEAST 80mph. Where did he go? In his driveway. No lights, nothing. He was going home. I stopped in front of his house, and waited a second. He just looked at me and smirked.
At least I know where he lives, and that's very bad for him.

Speaking of speeding. Why do police pursue a speeding run-away vehicle that's endangering other drivers because of the speed?
All they're doing is pushing that driver to go faster. They have radios...what the fuck are they thinking to push a driver to his/her limits and causing a fatal accident or crash.
The police radio is there for a reason...use the goddamn thing the right way, instead of playing bigshot that "Oh...I caught a hot one today...".

braumeister

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Please support our cops. They do an incredibly difficult job. They're the first people we turn to when our space has been violated.

Nope. I don't turn to the cops when my space has been violated. I turn to my trusty 1911. It's there when I need it, unlike the police.

"Call for a cop, call for a pizza. See who gets there first."

B_New End

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
cops used to be assholes to me all the time, when I was an asshole to them.

Cops are awlays nice to me now, and I have not gotten a ticket in over 8 years, allthough I have been pulled over at least a dozen times.

In fact, I got in a super tiny accident, was uninsured, and they gave me a ticket. Because I was so nice, friendly, and even said thank you when they gave me the ticket, while the other lady was acting like a tiny dime sized ding on her bumper was the end of the world and going apeshit.....

...the cop intentionally screwed 3 things on my ticket, (misspelled my name, gave me wrong court location, adn did not have me sign the ticket) including telling me "I didn't need to sign it" when I asked for his pen. :D

So being nice to a cop saved me $500.

Its about respect.

T-Lex

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I agree, respect is key, but IMHO, respect must be earned....which is sort of hard for me to do when I witness first-hand officers breaking the laws they are supposed to be enforcing. Again, this isn't meant to apply to every cop, but there are enough of them out there that I think it's tarnished the image of the entire police force.

B_Cegro27

Sexy Member
Media
cops used to be assholes to me all the time, when I was an asshole to them.

Cops are awlays nice to me now, and I have not gotten a ticket in over 8 years, allthough I have been pulled over at least a dozen times.

In fact, I got in a super tiny accident, was uninsured, and they gave me a ticket. Because I was so nice, friendly, and even said thank you when they gave me the ticket, while the other lady was acting like a tiny dime sized ding on her bumper was the end of the world and going apeshit.....

...the cop intentionally screwed 3 things on my ticket, (misspelled my name, gave me wrong court location, adn did not have me sign the ticket) including telling me "I didn't need to sign it" when I asked for his pen. :D

So being nice to a cop saved me $500.

Its about respect.

So, basically you're saying that the cop didn't do his job correctly, at the expense of the lady you hit. Not to blow it all out of proportion, but if an uninsured driver hit me, and the cop botched up the ticket he wrote that driver to the point where I can't even prove in court, or to my insurance company that the other driver was at fault, I'd probably go apeshit as well. Don't take his leniency on you to be a result of your kindness. Maybe he had a lack of respect for women, and penalized her by going easy on you.

B_New End

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
So, basically you're saying that the cop didn't do his job correctly, at the expense of the lady you hit. Not to blow it all out of proportion, but if an uninsured driver hit me, and the cop botched up the ticket he wrote that driver to the point where I can't even prove in court, or to my insurance company that the other driver was at fault, I'd probably go apeshit as well. Don't take his leniency on you to be a result of your kindness. Maybe he had a lack of respect for women, and penalized her by going easy on you.

Yup. be an cunt, dont be surprised if you get fucked. cops have leeway.

she had no clue he botched the ticket.

And I knew he was helping me out. I knew when I asked for his pen, and he told me I didn't need to sign it.

I have had about 15 or more speeding tickets and a felony, I have always had to sign the tickets. I knew he was helping me out, and I knew why.

Plus, there was no proof of damage. I would have denied I even made the ding in her bumper, and it is possible I didn't. I only hit her due to my car lurching forward from rest after I took my foot off the clutch. She was just being a bitch. She got what was coming to her.

Karma's a mother fucker. Ha ha!

Oh, and I am sure her insurance rates got jacked up, because she mentioned she had just had another accident. Ha ha!

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Frizzle darling, in the USA police, sheriffs, and state troopers are paid positions. They are rarely well paid; but they are paid positions. :cool:

The police are paid in the UK too.:rolleyes:

Some small neighborhoods and communities have a volunteer police unit; but they aren't what I would call real cops. :tongue: They get a few hours training, some are even licensed to carry weapons. :eek: IMO, they are no more powerful than a security guard at the mall. :cool:

Special constables in the UK have the same authority as regular police but are unpaid. They typically work a few days a month. There are also community support officers, a recent innovation, these are perhaps nearer to what you refer to above.

D

deleted15807

Does anyone remberber Adrienne Barbeau in 'The Cannonball Run'? All she did when she got pulled over was unzip her blouse a little and she got off everytime. I know so many women who get warnings and I always get the real thing.

Oh yes! Until she ran into the female cop at the end of the movie.

While Adrienne Barbeau is one of my favorite B actors, as far as I was concerned, the Lamborghini was everything. Never saw anything like it until that movie. To this day I remember the opening credits and sitting in the theater amazed. Thus began my love affair with fast cars.

Does anyone remberber Adrienne Barbeau in 'The Cannonball Run'? All she did when she got pulled over was unzip her blouse a little and she got off everytime. I know so many women who get warnings and I always get the real thing.

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
NineInchCock_160IQ isn't your attitude to cops bigoted? :confused:
And resentful and hateful? :confused:
We all do a job to get a paycheck - nothing wrong with that. :confused:
(A few of us have a job we enjoy, most not.)

Everone deserves respect. :cool:
If we don't respect others we are the greatest offenders.

Yes, it absolutely is bigoted and hateful of me. I am very bigoted and hateful toward the police. I feel they deserve my bigotry and hate. Even if they don't, they certainly don't deserve any great amount of respect. The average cop gets paid a check like everyone else to do his job, sits around handing out speeding tickets and harassing people for no good reason, and will end his career without ever firing his gun. They're not superheroes. They're not out there to protect us from criminals out of the goodness in their hearts. The notion that they deserve our gratitude is absurd. Maybe there are a handful of good ones out there, but all the ones I know are assholes, and I know a ton as I used to work with many. Every personal experience I've had with them has been exceedingly negative and they've never done anything directly to help me or make my life any better or easier. On the few occasions I have gone to them for help, I've been turned away, spoken down to, even threatened. I've seen them lie through their teeth in court to try and fuck me over, and in private I've heard them talk about how they lie through their teeth in court to fuck other people over. If they cared so much about having the public's respect, they should find better representatives to send out into the community. The ones we have are the dregs of society, not the finest. So again, screw them.

36DD

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Mem, no disrespect here, but why was your street blocked? Was there a murder or violent crime? Bomb threat? Kidnapping suspect? I've encountered these situations at what seems the most inopportune times but I have to be patient and remember that when I have needed them they were there for me.