why do gay men think its weird to see women nude in socal nudity situations?

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by matt121matt121, Apr 27, 2010.

1. matt121matt121

Gold Member

Albums:
    why do so many gay men think its weird and disgusting to participate in social nudity in situations where women are present?

Just wondered others thoughts on this since when i went to the big gay naturist event last year, they all seemed to think it was totally weird that I mostly participate with a mixed, gay/straight, male/female, naturist group..

And recently encountered a few local guys that also thought it was extremely strange, and looked at me like i was weird or something...

I mean before I originally went to my first event, I was alittle concerned that i might be grossed out, but now I know thats not the case at all... I mean I'm still not going to turn straight, but can definitely appreciate the female form, some women are definitely very beautiful, just as some guys are super sexy..

2. bendigoboi

bendigoboi New Member

Albums:
    Maybe it's to do with self-identification - the difference between a nudist who is gay and a gay nudist?

3. D_Eddie Withagun

D_Eddie Withagun New Member

Let's separate first the real world from the nudist group world. completely different!

I don't partake in mass nudism; but if I were to..

I wouldn't like see a cellulite ridden arse in my face as I'm trekking uphill.

Just as I would detest old-man-bum.

4. AM_092

AM_092 Guest

I think there's just a number of factors to consider.

For me, I'm not comfortable with public nudity in the first place... and like how straight guys might not be comfortable with being naked around other guys (especially gay), I think it's normal for gay guys to not want to be around naked women (for whatever reason).

5. D_Eddie Withagun

D_Eddie Withagun New Member

and when are the "why-do-gay-guy" threads gonna end?

God, you'd think we weren't stereotyped enough!

#5 D_Eddie Withagun, Apr 27, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2010
  6. B_jeepguy2

B_jeepguy2 New Member

Maybe because most American women are so overweight by the time they are 25 or 30 and have had a couple of kids that they look disgusting. These days a lot of women seem to be getting that way BEFORE they hit 30. I was at a party at my college age cousin's apartment at a large university recently and I was amazed at how many of these 18-22 girls (and guys) were already overweight. Kids were not fat like that when I was in college back in the 90s.

7. B_dxjnorto

B_dxjnorto New Member

I'm not upset about who is nude and who is not. Certainly not based on gender. I don't find obesity attractive, but if someone is comfortable being nude then I'm comfortable with them. Our histories are written to some extent on our bodies. Especially women with childbirth and breast cancer survivors.

8. jjsjr

Gold Member

Albums:
    For the same reason straight guys are uncomfortable around cock.

9. Gecko4lif

Gold Member

Albums:
    What is the nudist protocol on erections? I have always wondered that.

10. B_jeepguy2

B_jeepguy2 New Member

A lot of people just shouldn't be showing their bodies off because the vast majority of the population is just not all that great looking naked. It also seems that the ones who really SHOULD NOT be showing their bodies off are the ones who are....like the 50 something guys with beer bellies that show up on the beach in a speedo, or the pair of fat 60+ year old lesbians I saw going topless on the beach once when I was a teen. OMG it was disgusting! :eek:

Then the hot twenty something guys who would look great in a speedo wear board shorts that come down below their knees, and tee-shirts to the beach.:dunno:

#10 B_jeepguy2, Apr 27, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2010
  11. D_Rufus Reddick

D_Rufus Reddick Account Disabled

How many times is this question going to be asked?

12. Gecko4lif

Gold Member

Albums:
    Till the answer is common knowledge

13. B_dxjnorto

B_dxjnorto New Member

Well, naturism - natural. If you get a hard-on it is natural. You'd get about the same reaction you would in a locker room. Some people would try not to look. Others would be interested.

Naturism is more about baring yourself to the elements. I've never seen people having sex at any of the naturist hangouts I've been to. I'm sure people do have sex, but they do it in a tent or camper - in private like usual.

14. Gecko4lif

Gold Member

Albums:
    That is interesting. Ill have to put it on my bucket list.

15. MarkLondon

Gold Member

Albums:
    In my experience naturism isn't about sex or showing off hot bodies.

I used to holiday near a mixed nudist beach and enjoyed experiencing the air the sun and the water between my legs. Most of the people there were ordinary-looking, with plenty of middle-aged and older out of shape bodies around (mostly in couples). Erections weren't a problem!

There was a gay cruising area in the dunes behind the beach and it was noticeable that the vast majority of cruisers had chosen to put on bathers or shorts before setting out there.

16. luka82

Gold Member

Yup!

17. AlteredEgo

Gold Member

Albums:
    Are you for real? It's not like naturists are aliens or live on some other planet. I think you must be confusing nudists/naturists with swingers. Now THAT'S an alternative lifestyle. nudists just do all the same things you do. Except, when we're lucky, we get to do them naked.

As long as you don't go swinging it aorund in people's faces, or gesticulating at children, one will say a word. It's polite to put a towel on it until it goes away, especially if you don't really know the group well. I can't speak for anyone but myself, but strangers' erections make me very uncomfortable, and in certain contexts, this discomfort triggers my fight-or-flight response.

Nudism isn't about showing off. It's about being. For many people, it is spiritual. It's becoming very religious for me. Besides, if there are people one wishes not see, one can always cease to look.

18. OCMuscleJock

Gold Member

Albums:
    you'd never know it from all the straight guys on here :) #justsayin

19. latinluva

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I went to Mexico with three hot chicks one time and we were naked most of the trip, in the hotel and sleeping. Nobody felt uncomfortable. One of them said they wanted to see me get fucked by a guy I met there cause she never seen that in person before. So I accomodated her. She said it was interesting.

Draft saved Draft deleted