Why do girls always go with the drummer?

Discussion in 'Women's Issues' started by B_johnschlong, Feb 16, 2007.

1. B_johnschlong

B_johnschlong New Member

I've worked for a while in the music industry, the live performance circuit, seen and helped many bands.

So I happen to know a thing or two about the atmosphere "back stage". Everything you think about that magic place is true.

Now over the years, one thing caught my attention and I wanted to ask you girls what you think of it. Groupies always tend to focus strictly on two guys only: the frontman and the drummer.

So why the drummer? All kinds of jokes exist about drummers ("no brains, but big balls, big sticks and they know how to pound").

But what's really so appealing about them? Is it their sense of rythm? Or just the fact that they're handy with sticks? What's their erotic appeal?

If you have a groupie experience or know about that of others, then please enlighten me! I gotta know their secret. Thinking of becoming one. Purely for functional reasons.

Pattati pattata.

2. Gisella

Gold Member

For sure I go for percurssion any time not because of US culture and rock but because of my own cultural beat. I'm no groupy but just enjoy the heart of the music and irresistible: Boooomm, parapapa tatata..papa..tan tan tan...lol...I can resist the musician but not the music.

Sure the physical appeal of a sweating muscular tan guy/guys beating their percurssion instruments, trowing their drums 'to the air' as Olodum does, all together playing energetic can be sensual but I'm more into experience music because I'm a dancer.

I do have a new friend who plays drums, guittar etc...he is hot, sweet and packing serious thick manhood..oh well, but I havent seen him playing drums yet, just guittar...:rolleyes: :biggrin1: ..shit...

3. Ethyl

Gold Member

Albums:
    Jimmy Page was never lacking in female company.

4. Principessa

Gold Member

:05: Gosh you bought back some good memories! :smile:

• I had a crush on a drummer in high school, I used to skip lunch to go to the practice room and watch him play. As a result, unlike the numerous people who play air guitar, I play air drums. :smile:
    • As a flag twirler in the marching band, I seem to recall that the drummer sets the tempo & pace for everyone. All that power in his hands mmmmm :05: :flirt:
    • I can't speak for other high schools but my high schools drummers were H-O-T, HOT! I still remember all their names. No, I did not sleep with them, I was a good girl back then. :flirt:
    • I used to work with a drummer who said sometimes he would practice so hard, for so long, his hands would bleed. Granted it was winter and he would have benefited from some Alpha-Keri lotion but damn there was something about him.
    • Sometimes drummers hands are calloused, but make no mistake their hands are very sensitive. :flirt:
    • Drummers are passionate, not just about their music but about everything in which they have an interest; be it politics, curry, or sex. That's a good thing. :biggrin1:
    • Ladies, if you haven't been made love to by a man that plays the bongos . . . and plays them well; you have not lived. :smile:
    njqt466

5. D_Kay_Sarah_Sarah

D_Kay_Sarah_Sarah Account Disabled

I think it is because the drummer is the quieter one who takes the back seat in the band. maybe its that old theory of the shy ones are the firecrackers in bed. And that combined with the fact that they still are a musician.

Personally i prefer guitarists .... strong toned hands with Long, flexable, nimble fingers
    :tongue:

6. RoyalT

RoyalT New Member

I read on a not-to-be-taken-seriously website that the drummers were usually big. The bass or guitar were big also and apparently the vocalists/frontmen and bass more often than not turned out to be small.

7. AlbertCunning

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Phil Collins said that he regarded the drummer as the goalkeeper of the band, and that if you had a good drummer in a bad band, it could still sound quite good, whereas a bad drummer could easily screw up a good band.
    Of course, he could be biased...

Don't know if this means goalkeepers in general get a lot of groupie-attention.

I somehow doubt it.

8. LeeEJ

Gold Member

Albums:
    Well, but that's true, though, and not just in rock bands, either. A bad marching band drumline will ruin the whole ensemble by sounding like trash cans falling down a stairwell.

My sister, when she was hanging around bands in college, said that the smart girls tended to go for the bass players. They're not flailing around hitting stuff, nor are they hogging the front of the stage for attention. They just hang in the back, cooly playing their lines, plucking the strings rather than hammering them, and laying the foundation for the whole group.

9. SammyQ

SammyQ New Member

Albums:
    I was a drummer in high school...
    Idk if thats what got me any girls though seeing that i sucked.

10. bassdude8

bassdude8 New Member

I dont know! My experience, first of all, Ive been a bassist of 30+ hence my name bassdude,
    and what Ive seen the most is women going after the lead vocalist with the lead guitar dude in a close second. As a bassist it seems like I never got hit on except for my current wife of 22 years. Our drummer never got hit on cause he looked like a parrot! What a deal, eh?

11. bassdude8

bassdude8 New Member

I dont know! My experience, first of all, Ive been a bassist of 30+ hence my name bassdude,
    and what Ive seen the most is women going after the lead vocalist with the lead guitar dude in a close second. As a bassist it seems like I never got hit on except for my current wife of 22 years. Our drummer never got hit on cause he looked like a parrot! What a deal, eh?

12. Punisher

Punisher New Member

Albums:
    I'm pretty good on the drums. ;)

Draft saved Draft deleted