Why Do Guys Do This?

rope9839

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Here's a question that was raised by a friend of mine this morning. She went out last night with a guy she has seen a few times. She called this morning and asked if I would come pick her up, as she was at his house and he had gone to work.

Anyway, when we were having breakfast, she told me that they fooled around some the night before. What she also told me is that this guy, on previous dates and last night, was always making comments about his big hands or feet and "you know what that means" or making other comments that hinted at the size of his cock. Anyway, what she found when she got his pants off is that he had "five inches if he was lucky."

What she wondered is why guys do this. She said she could almost see exagerating your size if you never had any intention of trying to sleep with the woman. What she couldn't see is bragging about it when you did hope to sleep with her, but not being able to back it up. She said that cock size isn't that big an issue if it is within reason. However, as much as this guy had built himself up, all she could think is that his was pathetic, even though it was a fairly common size. She also added that she had kind of wondered, because every "big" guy she had ever been with (apparently including me) hadn't said a word before she actually saw his cock for the first time.

What's your theory? Why create an expectation that you can't fulfill? If it was me, I would just be silent on the subject, especially if I really didn't have the goods.

Alley Blue

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Originally posted by rope9839@Sep 13 2005, 04:36 PM
What's your theory? Why create an expectation that you can't fulfill? If it was me, I would just be silent on the subject, especially if I really didn't have the goods.
[post=342863]Quoted post[/post]​

That is pretty wacky. Maybe he thought once the lights were off, she would'nt notice :p .

I personally would feel really silly after going through all the trouble of giving her the impression that I was packing alot of dick, only to reveal a 5 inch penis.

rope9839

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Originally posted by alleyblu@Sep 13 2005, 04:53 PM
That is pretty wacky. Maybe he thought once the lights were off, she would'nt notice :p .

I personally would feel really silly after going through all the trouble of giving her the impression that I was packing alot of dick, only to reveal a 5 inch penis.
[post=342865]Quoted post[/post]​

I'm with you, but from our discussion, it appears that she runs into the exaggerating type with some frequency.

I will say that I remember reading some "How To Pick Up Women" article awhile back and it suggested hinting that you had a huge cock, as well as making other sexual suggestions. They felt it might get her a little more bothered and it would be a non-issue when you actually got down to it. Apparently their advice wasn't so good. (At least in this case.)

I guess this isn't that surprising. The number of guys that claim to have big cocks clearly dwarfs the number that actually do.

BruceSter

Experimental Member
Media
Hi there-

I can't explain it, but maybe it's the hope to scare her so much that she won't want to try it.

But unless that, I really can't find an explanation.

Bruce

Alley Blue

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Originally posted by rope9839@Sep 13 2005, 04:59 PM
It appears that she runs into the exaggerating type with some frequency.

Thats interesting. Maybe this is more common then I thought, perhaps the ladies here can give us some insight regarding this.

rope9839

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Originally posted by Dr Rock@Sep 13 2005, 06:59 PM
maybe he'd never actually seen another erect penis in his life, and honestly believed that he had a big dick. or, maybe he was just retarded.
[post=342890]Quoted post[/post]​

OK, you might be on to something. Given the free access to information on the internet these days, you don't have to see another erect penis to know what average is. So I'm guessing he is retarded.

rope9839

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Originally posted by HickBoy@Sep 13 2005, 06:28 PM
She TOLD you I only had 5"? I get to keep no secrets from anybody, it seems. :cry:
[post=342885]Quoted post[/post]​

Actually it was less than 5 inches. Sorry, dude.

B_Hickboy

Sexy Member
Media
Originally posted by rope9839+Sep 13 2005, 03:50 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(rope9839 &#064; Sep 13 2005, 03:50 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-HickBoy@Sep 13 2005, 06:28 PM
She TOLD you I only had 5"? I get to keep no secrets from anybody, it seems.  :cry:

[post=342908]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]

Anybody got a rope I can borrow?

Pene_Negro_Grande

Experimental Member
Media
That is funny....I am sure most guys who exaggerate feel the need to because they feel insecure and want to try to get the girl....Guys who do not brag about their penis size are secure in themselves....I am average and never felt the need or desire to brag about my size but I have on occassion joked with some of my guy friends and exaggerated my size jokingly about stereotypes....

Geekyraccoon

Just Browsing
Media
Wow... what a horrible idea. Lying is the number one way to get me to leave immediately and never return. I&#39;m still kinda self-conscious about my own, but I wouldn&#39;t dream of lying about it. That obvious a lie would undermine everything I said before or after.

I know some genuinely larger guys who brag, but that&#39;s kinda a bit tasteless. I suppose there are natural ways for it to come up in conversation with friends or whatnot, but bragging in general is not so hot for me, and lying while you brag just completely removes compatibility.

hippyscum

Experimental Member
Media
The guy proabaly did it cos he thought he would be able to bed her more quickly by hinting at what she could be having. I know quite a few guys like this: one guy I know used to refer to his dick as "big-me" (instead of mini-me) and useta say that cos he had huge feet, etc, etc.

Personally, I think it&#39;s quite a retarded thing to do. I usually just won&#39;t mention anything about my dick, it&#39;s real size or a massively inflated false size, and definitely not to anyone I want to sleep with. If it does come up I usually just lie and say that I have a 4 inch dick... the reaction can be pretty funny when everyone else is saying their dick&#39;s the same size as their leg.

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
This has happened to me several times. It has often been the guys who were somewhat below average bragging, or worse yet, demanding that I tell them it&#39;s the biggest dick I&#39;ve ever seen&#33; Puh-lease&#33; If a guy says nothing, I assume nothing, but if he brags, I expect to see the goods. Generally, bragging is gross either way, so I try to avoid these kinds of men in general, but what an awful thing to lie about when they KNOW they will be discovered.

Yeah, some guys may not have seen many other erect dicks, but with the internet, I would think most would have access to general information, if nothing else.

Women lie about all kinds of stuff too, I really don&#39;t understand it from either side.

Pappy

Media
I always tell em not to worry about my dick, look out for my balls, one of em is the size of a pea and the other is a little bitty thing. :evilgrin: :evilgrin:

B_Dust

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I never bragged. I just waited until the surprise of the unveiling.

rope9839

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Originally posted by HickBoy+Sep 13 2005, 07:57 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(HickBoy &#064; Sep 13 2005, 07:57 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by rope9839@Sep 13 2005, 03:50 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-HickBoy
@Sep 13 2005, 06:28 PM
She TOLD you I only had 5"? I get to keep no secrets from anybody, it seems. :cry:

[post=342908]Quoted post[/post]​

Anybody got a rope I can borrow?
[post=342910]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]

Sorry, I really don&#39;t have any that I feel I can spare.

Alley Blue

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Here&#39;s a question: what if you were put in this situation only to find out in the heat of the moment, when the guy finally shows you the "goods", that it was alot smaller then what he had proclaimed. Would it be such a big deal that you would "up and leave" right then and there? Or would you just go along with the love making session even though you were disappointed?

If I was a women in that situation I would be more turned off by the deception rather then the lack of dick.

But if she&#39;s in the heat of the moment I wonder would it matter at all to her?

KinkGuy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
It&#39;s the quiet guys, the ones who DON&#39;T brag, that you have to watch out for. Or look for? They&#39;re the ones with the big dicks.