Why do guys scratch their crotch?

gtkroy: Just posing a question. Why is it that some guys continuously scratch their crotches? The do it in the presence of women, they do itin the presence of men. Is it due to poor hygene or stds? I know about jock itch and it does not last for 2 year, but some just do it more often than others. I know that I spend 15 -20 seconds washing in my pubic region when I show and I never have that problem.

txquis

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
To me, the answer is, "they scratch because they choose too".
But,
the itch thing varies from person to person.
In the summer, hot and humid southern sun* makes
me perspire all day,
even in air conditioning.
Such things contribute to the itch factor.

But this is like dandruff...some people have it, some dont.
Some people discreetly scratch or ignore it, some dont.

*no, the sun isnt humid,
i misspoke.
Careful not to misspeak here or
jonb will surely correct you.
(SEE BELOW).
:rolleyes:

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
Hygiene might have something to do with it but not exclusively.

Cover your head with a cap or a hat all day without removing it for relief and you'll find yourself scratching your head, too. The hairy crotch area just doesn't get enough air. :blink:

Pecker

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Well, the sun isn't 'humid'; that's the air. LOL Seriously, heat can trap sweat down there easily, and it's not like we can just expose it to the world. LOL

Javierdude22: Hairs itch, simple as that.

I do admit most of the time I&#39;m down there not because it itches, but because I feel like fiddling. <_<

kurios

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
yeah, Im not sure what I see most is scratching but rather a matter of adjusting the package. Some guys do it constantly almost like checking to make sure their dick hasn&#39;t fallen off. Maybe it is just a distracting habit&#33;

fourtwenty

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
OK, I can admit it...i&#39;m a habitual scracher/adjuster.

It honestly is a subconcious thing...if it&#39;s uncomfortable, i adjust...if it itches, i scratch. i don&#39;t care who is around (well sometimes, around family or in a formal social function) but when i&#39;m with close friends, they just look the other way, no one really cares.

at home, i tend to have my hands in my pants alot. i just like it, i don&#39;t know why...
maybe it&#39;s because some guys have a closer bond with their penis, some don&#39;t

look how a dog licks it&#39;s junk alot. it just feels good&#33;

gtkroy: my question now is how long do you wash your pubic region. It is hit or miss or do you spend a decent enough time making sure you clean the skin even through the hair if you have any?

benderten2001

Experimental Member
Media
This is another one of those topics where the answer is going to be a highly individual. All of the responses thusfar have been good ones. Hair promotes itching. Seasonal differences (temperature variations) influence itching and the degree of feeling uncomfortable. We tend to scratch when we itch to get relief&#33; So, there&#39;s your answer. :D

Granted, "how" we scratch (or sneak one in&#33;) depends most likely on the surrounding "environment" we&#39;re in. Around other men in an informal setting (guys being guys--you name the occasion) I think most of us would scratch a bit and not worry about. In a different setting (business environment or a public place with lots of people around) most of us guys would be more discreet. I have to say only the most uncouthed man would "make a scene" scratching himself in the presence of women&#33; I might be wrong on that one, though...(times have changed as to what&#39;s considered proper. I&#39;d like to think common decency still stands for something to someone out there besides me. :) Going crazy in public by overly scratching and pawing at one&#39;s crotch is not generally accepted as "polite" in most circles, or so I would think. I believe there are some fellas who will pat or slightly adjust themselves though, but it&#39;s no overt behavior that proves all that terribly distracting. For these guys, it&#39;s just a little habit (probably) which they don&#39;t think about. --We can allow for that, no real harm done I suppose. I can remember a few fellas in my (rural life setting) who would be talking, smoking, and "scratching a bit down south" and never paid it a bit of mind. --Nor did any of us in their company. These guys were just being themselves. (And, we didn&#39;t go home later only to tell others about their jock itch, either&#33;) --&#39;Funny I can remember THAT about them, though&#33; Hmmmm.

The personal hygiene question posed is again individual. I don&#39;t think too many of us get all that carried away lathering up and scrubbing down there on any certain, defined regimen. If we happen to be enduring a season of the "itchies" though, more attention WOULD probably be paid to that particular area....for good reason.

raj

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I know I scratch a lot a few days after shaving my balls. If I don&#39;t shave it right away and I&#39;m wearing boxers (which is most of the time) or freeballing and my sacs is hanging low and swinging, scratching sometimes follows, especially on hot humid days.

I won&#39;t call it a hygiene problem.

TallHungLB

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I&#39;ve always thought that continually scratch, grab, adjust your crotch is rude. Granted sometimes I need to readjust or scratch myself after I&#39;ve shaved my balls and the stubble gets to me or when the leg elastic on my underwear has stretched out but I try to do it discreetly.

D_Martin van Burden

Account Disabled
Media
I have a roommate who compusively keeps in his hand in his crotch area. Don&#39;t get me wrong. I give mine a few tugs, scratches, etc., too but this guy is something else. I walked into his bedroom the other day to say hey and to chit-chat for a sec. As I sneaked in there, he had his pants completely undone and his hand buried all the way in there. He wasn&#39;t jiggling his stuff though. (And kudos to him if he managed to play a Nintendo 64 game with one hand&#33;)

But, from what I&#39;m heard, this guy has his hand on his junk all the time -- at home, at his friends&#39; houses, in class&#33; I crack jokes on him about it on occasion, but I&#39;m starting to wonder if there&#39;s more to his compulsion than a funny ha-ha, y&#39;know?

Either way, I feel for anyone who greets him by shaking right hands. :)

B_RoysToy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Originally posted by DeeBlackthorne@Sep 10 2004, 03:12 PM

Either way, I feel for anyone who greets him by shaking right hands. :)
[post=255522]Quoted post[/post]​

Gosh, I wouldn&#39;t want to be any extra inconvenience, Dee. When you introduce us, I&#39;ll just explore to find his hand doing its usual activity. --Wouldn&#39;t want to disturb the routine&#33; lol

Luke

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Originally posted by DeeBlackthorne@Sep 10 2004, 07:12 AM
I have a roommate who compusively keeps in his hand in his crotch area. Don&#39;t get me wrong. I give mine a few tugs, scratches, etc., too but this guy is something else. I walked into his bedroom the other day to say hey and to chit-chat for a sec. As I sneaked in there, he had his pants completely undone and his hand buried all the way in there. He wasn&#39;t jiggling his stuff though. (And kudos to him if he managed to play a Nintendo 64 game with one hand&#33;)
Kudos to him if he managed to play a Nintendo 64 game with two hands. I&#39;ve seen the controller.

suaige: while living in the orient we didn&#39;t call it jock itch we called it JUNGLE ROT. Rumor was if it got bad enough your balls would fall off. Don&#39;t think it was true, but you know it might not have been such a bad alternative at times. After 3 days in tropical monsoon weather I looked like i had an apple between my legs, It took medicates soap that really burned to started to clear it up and vaseline to get rid of the the skin irritation. OH WAS I EVER IN PAIN.

well after coming home it only took 7 YEARS, several types of over the counter stuff, 2 prescriptions and finally cortizone injections to get rid of it.

In the process I used the creams for so long they thinned my skin and I got stretch marks at the age of 25 ( I also grew 1/2" to 6&#39; but think that was unrelated). I also developed a sensitivity to sweat, its not an infection its more like an allergy, I sweat there I itch, can&#39;t be cured, won&#39;t go away.

As for hygene, well maybe if guys only shower once a week or something, but mostly I think you put that many layers of skin under a couple of layers of clothes anywhere on a hot day and you will really sweat. Anti-persperant is the only long term assistance I have found that really helps.

Scott537

Experimental Member
Media
Suaige
Have had a similar problem but not as severe. Sweat really does a number on my crotch. As in another thread I explained that I wear a Mens Guard most of the time to keep the area dry. Along with whatever creams you may be using maybe using a Guard will help. I also flow pre-cum quite often and that is why I started to use a pad but found it helped to absorb sweat&#33;

Originally posted by suaige@Sep 10 2004, 11:25 PM
while living in the orient we didn&#39;t call it jock itch we called it JUNGLE ROT. Rumor was if it got bad enough your balls would fall off. Don&#39;t think it was true, but you know it might not have been such a bad alternative at times. After 3 days in tropical monsoon weather I looked like i had an apple between my legs, It took medicates soap that really burned to started to clear it up and vaseline to get rid of the the skin irritation. OH WAS I EVER IN PAIN.

well after coming home it only took 7 YEARS, several types of over the counter stuff, 2 prescriptions and finally cortizone injections to get rid of it.

In the process I used the creams for so long they thinned my skin and I got stretch marks at the age of 25 ( I also grew 1/2" to 6&#39; but think that was unrelated). I also developed a sensitivity to sweat, its not an infection its more like an allergy, I sweat there I itch, can&#39;t be cured, won&#39;t go away.

As for hygene, well maybe if guys only shower once a week or something, but mostly I think you put that many layers of skin under a couple of layers of clothes anywhere on a hot day and you will really sweat. Anti-persperant is the only long term assistance I have found that really helps.
[post=255591]Quoted post[/post]​

suaige:
Originally posted by hungthick@Sep 13 2004, 06:36 PM
scot537 i never heard of a man&#39;s guard, is it like a tampon? where do you buy this?
[post=255926]Quoted post[/post]​

same questions.

Scott537

Experimental Member
Media
Received several replys asking where Guards can be purchased. Will reply to all here.
Guards are cup shaped pads made by several manufactures.Best way would be try them and find the one that fits the best. I use "mens Guard" made by Depend. They can be found in almost any large Pharmacy,some grocery stores and Super Wal-Marts have a good selection. Usually found in the same section as in-contnent supplies. Any further questions may be directed to me here or by message&#33; Have one on right now&#33; :rolleyes: