Why do guys wear belts . . .

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by B_subgirrl, Mar 15, 2011.

1. B_subgirrl

B_subgirrl New Member

. . . when their pants (trousers for the UK members :biggrin1:) stay up without one?

It just makes it that much harder to get their clothes off.

2. B_crackoff

B_crackoff New Member

Fashion - good belts are cool!

Don't forget that men go up & down in weight too, & material stretches, & frankly some of those buttons & clasps can ping off, so it's probably safer.

It's also handy to give someone naughty a damn good thrashing.

3. ToXo

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Doesn't make sense to me either. I only wear a belt if my pants fall down... I guess I just think logically

4. lapdog2001

Gold Member

Albums:
    We don't want to appear to be too easy! :wink:

5. B_subgirrl

B_subgirrl New Member

Okay, this is reason enough :tongue:

At least there's one male out there who I can understand :biggrin1:.

Please appear easier! It would be so much more convenient.

6. nudeyorker

Gold Member

The reality is that for most men it's a habit. However if your pants are a perfect fit (made to measure) and you have the right slim build to go with it, then you CAN skip the belt. Avoiding the belt will give you a more seamless and continuous look. The most important factor, though, in pulling off this look is that you must be confident in what you’re wearing and have a flat stomach. Some men wear a belt as a girdle of sorts to help shape their tummy and make it appear more flat.

As a side note, many people do also suggest that the only time that you can skip the belt is if you have loopless trousers or side-straps. It's also worth mentioning that in business attire that your belt and shoes should be the same color and quality for a more finished professional look.

7. D_Percy Pantsed

D_Percy Pantsed Account Disabled

I used to always wear a belt with my jeans even though I didn't need one, then one day I was out drinking and the buckle broke off when I went to take a piss. I threw it away and haven't worn one since, don't know why I ever did

8. borntobeking

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I tend to wear suits most of the time so I always wear a belt. Even when I am in jeans I still wear a belt. It is just a personal preference for me but I think that men look sloppy when they do not wear them. The only times I do not wear belts is when the pants to not call for them (sweat pants, jogging pants). If the pants have belt loops, then I will wear a belt.

9. willow78

Gold Member

Albums:
    Do they still make 'braces'? (the trouser kind, not the teeth kind) - my work pants are a little loose but I have to do a lot of bending so a belt would be no good.

I know that doesn't really answer subgirrl's question, I just like to have an opinion on everything. :tongue: I'm like Eddie McGuire - that fucker is EVERYWHERE!

10. B_subgirrl

B_subgirrl New Member

I guess this would work best, from a fashion point of view (see, I'm learning already - I now know that belts can be worn for fashion reasons :tongue:), if he was wearing an untucked shirt?

My ex did the opposite. He wore his belt under his coke belly (a close relative of the beer belly), which made his belly look larger than it was.

Even though I'm hopelessly clueless when it comes to fashion, I think I would still notice if a guy had mismatching belt and shoe colours. Which means that other people would probably see it as a BIG fashion mistake :biggrin1:.

This sounds like the story of why I stopped wearing underwear with skirts :tongue:.

So for you it's because you think it looks tidier or more professional?

11. MickeyLee

Gold Member

ease of access if a good thing, but there is just something about belts i adore.

1. i is a product of me times, men without belts seem not fully put together.

2. unbuckling his belt is a turn on. sorta like a blow job/sex teaser. also, the sound of the belt being pulled though the loops just work for me.

3. belts make me think of spankings and bondage. a very good thing.

4. i some times rock suspecders/braces with boy suits. so i have an appreciation the look on menfolk. but not with jean, with jean suspender make a dude look like a lumberjack.

i so hope men continue to wear belts.

12. EllieP

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    My husband has a love/hate relationship with belts. He used to wear one that doubled as a guitar strap. It was kind of geeky looking, but it did function. He can never wear a belt when he's playing because it scratches the back of the instrument. He still mourns a deep scar in the back of this 1956 guitar that he put there.

13. hud01

Gold Member

Personallly I think you look better especially in dress pants or a suit with a belt.

Same question can be asked of women who wear belts that aren't attached to anything or girls with AA or A who wear bras.

14. B_subgirrl

B_subgirrl New Member

I understand where you're coming from with this, but that blow job teaser just translates to pre-blow job frustration for me. I'm known for my desire to just skip the foreplay and get right down to the fucking and blow jobs :redface:. Add that to the fact that belts seem to have been designed by a super-engineer with a desire to get revenge on those who are attempting to get sexual fulfillment (I think you need a degree or ten just to learn how to undo the damn things :redface:), and you end up with a very frustrated subgirrl.

Agreed!

Oooh, I love that look! But I think my boobs get in the way too much for me to pull it off.

I love the idea of a belt with a second function! That kind of belt I understand!

Err . . . I'm not either of those women, so I have no idea! I don't understand them any more than I do guys who wear belts without a function (did I mention that I missed the fashion gene? :tongue:). If I could get away with not wearing a bra, I would do it happily.

15. midlifebear

Gold Member

This is especially important in southern States where one just doesn't go out of the house wearing white patent leather shoes without a matching white patent leather belt. Au courant! :smile:

16. ManofThunder

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Personally, I find a belt very uncomfortable if it's actually needed to hold my trousers up. To serve its purpose, it needs to bunch the waist-band up; this causes an annoying bulge which digs into you. I favour well-fitting trousers. However, as others have said - it looks more professional, particularly with a suit. The general smartness of a belt is something I like. So, if the trousers fit, I will most probably wear one anyway. Also - there is a naughty sort of bondage feel to a belt. You never know when some light whipping may be needed. :wink: On a side note, I always thought our Aussie friends said 'trousers' over 'pants'. You learn something new everyday. :smile:

17. borntobeking

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Both. My image tends to be clean shaven and straight laced. Belts are essential for me. That's just my thing.

18. syagash

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I don't wear any underwear most of the time and I don't like my pants too tight so my belt is insurance to help keep my pants up, don't want any unplanned exposure in public:biggrin1:.

19. exwhyzee

Gold Member

Generally speaking, I like to feel my clothes to feel safe and securely positioned...as there are situations - witnessed recently by one member here - in which my pant have fallen around my ankles without any effort.

20. D_Gunther Snotpole

D_Gunther Snotpole Account Disabled

The Portuguese have long mastered telekenesis.

Draft saved Draft deleted