Why do guys wear belts . . .

phillyhangin

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Generally speaking, I like to feel my clothes to feel safe and securely positioned...as there are situations - witnessed recently by one member here - in which my pant have fallen around my ankles without any effort.
Judging from your profile pics, I don't think I'd have a problem if that happened around me... :wink:

D

deleted3782

Judging from your profile pics, I don't think I'd have a problem if that happened around me... :wink:

Heh thanks, but not so much was shown, I was wearing something-or-other under.

Your life is more exciting than you admit.
Good news.

I'm not so desperate that "pants falling down" is an exciting venture!

Ain't you ever lost your britches, Hhuck? :biggrin1:

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
Ain't you ever lost your britches, Hhuck? :biggrin1:

I'm Too Big For My Britches.
My lamentation has been loud in book and in video.

So, in a word: No.

(Actually, I do have a story, a true one, that unfolded, along with much else, on a balcony in Marrakesh. An 'exciting adventure,' if I've ever had one. Someday, over mint tea and kif, I will tell it to you.)

D

deleted3782

I'm Too Big For My Britches.
My lamentation has been loud in book and in video.

So, in a word: No.

(Actually, I do have a story, a true one, that unfolded, along with much else, on a balcony in Marrakesh. An 'exciting adventure,' if I've ever had one. Someday, over mint tea and kif, I will tell it to you.)

Deal, can we make it a rooibos tea though? :wink:

willow78

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Add that to the fact that belts seem to have been designed by a super-engineer with a desire to get revenge on those who are attempting to get sexual fulfillment (I think you need a degree or ten just to learn how to undo the damn things :redface:), and you end up with a very frustrated subgirrl.

I think they were designed by a man getting revenge for for all the hours men have spent fumbling frantically (and sometimes fruitlessly) trying to undo ladies bras. Tit-for-tat (or in this case, tat-for-tits :tongue:)

willow78

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Isn't he just! But you're a whole lot more appealing than he is :tongue:.

Why, thank you! :redface: But I must admit, when my beard is heavily trimmed (but not completely gone), I am disturbed to find a Kyle Sandilands-esque quality in my appearance! :eek:

JacobFox

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I dunno, it depends on the shirt that I wear. If I wear a shirt that should be tucked in, I will wear a belt because I think it looks silly not to. If I don't tuck the shirt in, I don't. But that is just me, I am a diagnosed obsessive compulsive so if I don't follow these rules, it bugs the fuck out of me. But I do it for my benefit, no one else's.

hud01

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I think they were designed by a man getting revenge for for all the hours men have spent fumbling frantically (and sometimes fruitlessly) trying to undo ladies bras. Tit-for-tat (or in this case, tat-for-tits :tongue:)
I guess you haven't had that much practice, but I can take most bras off with one hand, actually two fingers and a thumb, in less than 10 seconds
:biggrin1:

B_subgirrl

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Thanks for all the answers!

Most reasons seem to fall into two categories:

1. Fashion/appearance reasons - either because it looks better/tidier/more professional or because belts are cool fashion items.

2. Function - to hold up the pants, or for use as a guitar strap. Or for smacking someone with :biggrin1:.

The function category makes sense to me, but I don't think I'll ever understand the fashion/appearance category :redface:.

On a side note, I always thought our Aussie friends said 'trousers' over 'pants'. You learn something new everyday. :smile:

Nah, we seem to have followed the US in that one.

Fair call!

Why, thank you! :redface: But I must admit, when my beard is heavily trimmed (but not completely gone), I am disturbed to find a Kyle Sandilands-esque quality in my appearance! :eek:

Oh gosh, I can actually see Kyle in you now you've said that :eek:.

Something's tickling the far recesses of my brain. Something to do with firemen and red suspenders. :tongue2:

Okay, that one was a nice contribution :tongue:.

I dunno, it depends on the shirt that I wear. If I wear a shirt that should be tucked in, I will wear a belt because I think it looks silly not to. If I don't tuck the shirt in, I don't. But that is just me, I am a diagnosed obsessive compulsive so if I don't follow these rules, it bugs the fuck out of me. But I do it for my benefit, no one else's.

OCD or OCPD?

armyinf0703

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
is because the army says i have to wear a belt? pretty much in all clothing, even over seas while deployed lol

willow78

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Something's tickling the far recesses of my brain. Something to do with firemen and red suspenders. :tongue2:

You just reminded me of this picture - it didn't tickle the far recesses of my brain but I would love to feel it tickle the far recesses of my.....

I don't think he's a fireman but I do see a very long hose.....

Attachments

RawDog

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I wear 38W x 38L jeans and can't find anything that long that fits a 36" waist, so I have to wear a belt no matter what. Having said all that, I'd still wear a belt so I hang my keys off of my cockring which my belt loops into.

Odd, I know, but I have a dozen or so keys I need to carry with me everywhere I go and hanging them off of my belt is the only way I can think of.

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Red Riding Mickey: my, what a big belt you're wearing, Sir

Daddy-Wolf: all the better to spank you with, my dear.

:biggrin1:

I wear 38W x 38L jeans and can't find anything that long that fits a 36" waist, so I have to wear a belt no matter what. Having said all that, I'd still wear a belt so I hang my keys off of my cockring which my belt loops into.

Odd, I know, but I have a dozen or so keys I need to carry with me everywhere I go and hanging them off of my belt is the only way I can think of.

38L jeans? *perk* you're either part giraffe, or are very oh so wonderfully tall, Mr. Rawdog.

also, excellent use of an off-duty cock ring.
:biglaugh: