Why do I get two different numbers?

LemacST

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hi, I've tried measuring serveral times and this always happens. For some reason, depending on the angle I hold my penis while measuring, I get two different numbers. I measure it all from the top. If I measure my erection at it's natural angle, I get 6 1/4", but if I put it at a 90 degree angle with my body, I get 6 1/2". I was told the later is the correct way to do it and the way men where measured with most surveys. I know a quarter inch may be insignificant for a guy that's packing a lot, but it means more to me being of average endowment. I'm just curious if my number really is 6 1/2" in order to compare myself with surveys. I think the reason there is a gain/loss is because when you put it at a 90 degree angle, you're also measuring that quarter to half inch of space where your shaft can swivle from--it's still technically your penis, it's just the base of the shaft I guess. It's what touches girls' lips when you go balls deep. I'm not sure if I'm explaining it well so here's a diagram I made...
2dhbin6.jpg

So, which one do go by? What is the standard?
Thanks

B_big dirigible

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'm afraid you overestimate both the accuracy and the precision of these surveys. A quarter inch one way or another is the least of their drawbacks.

My vote is that the methodology which gave you the 6.5 is preferred. I wouldn't go so far as to say it's the "correct" one; I have no idea what that is. It's not like there's a MIL, ISO, DIN, SAE, NIST, ANSI, or ASTM spec for the measurement procedure. And nobody from UL, OSHA, the FDA, or Good Housekeeping is going to come around to check. (Though it might be kinda cool if they did.)

LemacST

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
So basically you're saying that although my number is technically 6 1/2", that might not be my "true" number, but who's really measuring anyways?

I see.

heavyproducer

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Id say base it on the max ammount that you can have inside someone, if a certain position allows you to go deeper then emulate your cocks position and measure it.

LemacST

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
So if I'm 6.5" then, would it be okay for me to round up to 7" if a number is forced a number out of me?
This is really why I'm asking. Being completely honest, my penis IS bigger than 6" but no bigger than 6.5". I'm wondering if girls could really tell that half inch if I claimed it.

LemacST

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think I'll stay modest and just leave myself 6 1/2", considering it'll only get that long if I'm 100% erected, or "maxed out" if you will. Other than that realistically it's maybe 6.25-6". Argh, the perils of my penis.