Why do LWers persist in lying about Bush?

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by B_JQblonde, Apr 3, 2007.

1. B_JQblonde

B_JQblonde New Member

It was the overwhelming consensus of opinion by everybody in a position to know that Iraq had WMD, yet the American left PERSISTS on flogging the blatant lie that Bush was lying when he claimed Iraq WMD.

Further the American left persists in flogging that Bush lied about his reasons for invading Iraq, all CLEARLY spelled out in his Iraq war resolution.

Apparently saddan WAS in compliance with UN resolutions and HAD NOT committed human rights violations. Really?

And then these same people whine that the US has 'lost respect in the world community'. Yeah , no shit. Mission Accomplished, losers.

Can anybody explain such despicable behavior??? Was it just to get the offices back?? Is political power worth undercutting the President with a lying smear campaign??

Comments?

2. DC_DEEP

Gold Member

It was the overwhelming consensus of opinion by everybody with faulty intel that Iraq had WMD, yet the American right PERSISTS on flogging the blatant lie that Bush wasn't lying when he claimed Iraq WMD.

Further the American right persists in flogging that Bush didn't lie about his reasons for invading Iraq, all INCORRECTLY spelled out in his Iraq war resolution.

Apparently saddan WAS in compliance with UN resolutions and HAD NOT committed human rights violations. Really?

And then these same people whine that the US is "hated because of our freedom." Yeah , no shit. Mission Accomplished, losers.

Can anybody explain such despicable behavior??? Was it just to get the dollars back?? Is political power worth undercutting the country with a lying smear campaign??

Comments?

3. DC_DEEP

Gold Member

jq, if you think about it, the lw'ers lie for exactly the same reasons as the rw'ers. The same reason you lie. To repeat it often enough that hopefully someone will believe it.

4. fortiesfun

Gold Member

Damn. I thought this was going to be a thread about how Long Wangers persist in lying about how much Bush they get, which had a possibility of being fun.

Instead, it is same shit, different day. *sigh*

5. B_JQblonde

B_JQblonde New Member

Please point out a lie I posted. I will be happy to correct it.

6. B_JQblonde

B_JQblonde New Member

Whew time for a logic check here.

The intel said X .
    Bush said X.
    X turned out to be faulty.

Bush was lying ???

HUH ? WHA?? Does not compute.

Lemme try ..

The clock says 3 o'clock.
    DC deep, when asked , says " it's 3 o'clock"
    The watch is wrong.
    Ergo, DC _ deep is lying.
    HEY I THINK I GOT IT!!

LAFFRIOT!

7. DC_DEEP

Gold Member

Every post where you accuse me of reading blogs is a lie. Now, don't you feel stupid?

Can you post in any thread without using using this key sequence?

8. HotBulge

Gold Member

Albums:
    Lowells talk to Cabots, Cabots talk to God
    I was originally very tempted to be sarcastic - just as a form of JQB cartharsis - but I decided it wasn't worth the effort of future responses.

I think the LW is quite capable of articulating its own position w/o your misrepresentation of it above.

Is George Bush Jr. a religious figure for you? You react as though one were attacking the Pope... Do you support him truly because you believe might = Right. simply because he is the Commander-in-Chief? Bush Jr. isn't infallible. Even though Pope isn't infallible - he only claims to be on matters of Catholic faith and spirituality.

I'm not anti-Republican in general. I'm anti- Bush Jr. and anti- Mitt Romney in particular. (I've lived in Massachusetts for several years, so I've had to suffer through Romney's entire tenure as the former gov. of MA. Explaining why Romney is dangerous as a leader is a whole separate topic). I did at the time and do, now, have respect for George Bush Sr. I respect Senator Mc Cain and have a split view of Guiliani (I never lived in NY, so I didn't have to feel the direct effects of his administration). As for Reagan .... that's also a separate thread. The point is many people on this board, even the LWs, and I are not just arriving with a pre-determined bias. We've spent time to evaluate for ourselves the reports and news sources that we have at hand.

Even with George Bush Jr., I think he has been hijacked by a fringe, yet powerful part of the Republican party. That faction has a very specific political agenda. I personally feel that he's received a lot of myopic advice from his cabinet members. His cabinet members - Cheney in particular - have been brilliant at creating a hermetic environment where no difference of opinion is tolerated.

9. D_Gunther Snotpole

D_Gunther Snotpole Account Disabled

I'm with you, HotBulge.
    Answering JQb is only to feed him oxygen.
    Of course, not answering him is unsatisfactory, too.
    This game cannot be won except by not playing it.
    And that victory is very partial.
    C'est la vie.

10. HotBulge

Gold Member

Albums:
    Lowells talk to Cabots, Cabots talk to God
    True, Senor,

If all else fails, there's always the "Ignore Button".

11. madame_zora

Gold Member

I think it's safe to say all else fails.

12. B_JQblonde

B_JQblonde New Member

Of course not . He' s very fallible , which is the whole friggin point.

He happens to hold the most responsible and demanding position in the world and thus is required to make decisions that have immense import.

LWers appreantly have no respect for that.

In the case of Iraq, Bush was required to make a decision on Iraq. Based on the available information , he chose to do what he did .

The decision was based on what he perceived to be the best interests of the country , not padding Dick Cheney's Halliburton retirement plan or whatever cockamamie nitwit theory du juor of the moonbat left.

Lastlty,the decision was not based on any 'lies' about WMD . The Intelligence Community told him Iraq had WMD and he told the AMerican people. Period.

It's not the job of the American President to read off every piece of information to the public , pro and con and put the friggin thing up to an I & R vote.

It's his decision , he made it, and the AMerican people agreed with him. Which is why he was given 4 more years.

13. Lex

Lex
    Gold Member

*cracks the fuck up*

14. D_Gunther Snotpole

D_Gunther Snotpole Account Disabled

Very, very, very safe, MZ.

15. Bossman1

Bossman1 New Member

JQ lives in a very disturbing and ugly world..."Bushes world"..to think that anybody at this time still believes anything that sadistic liar says blows my mind.....

16. B_JQblonde

B_JQblonde New Member

Please point out any lies I have told . I will be happy to correct them.

17. DC_DEEP

Gold Member

Just curious, did you hold that same opinion when Bill Clinton was in the most responsible and demanding position in the world? Did you have any respect for that? Or did you bash him when he was in the position of commander in chief?

18. Bossman1

Bossman1 New Member

That whole adminstrations is so corrupt and has lied to this country. but its all beginning to change, one by one they are falling from grace...Rove and Cheney are next...then the only one left is Bush...

19. Bossman1

Bossman1 New Member

JQ WMD..where are they

20. 1kmb1

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    ooh can i start the next boring thread?

Draft saved Draft deleted