Why do men change in Parking Lot of gyms?

Discussion in 'Underwear, Clothing, and Appearance Issues' started by JPREID51, Dec 20, 2011.

1. JPREID51

JPREID51 New Member

I saw this again today , a guy changing in the parking lot of the gym, I could not understand why as gyms have lockerrooms. He could not be shy as this is a open space. Just curios if you do that or if you have some ideas why ?

2. tlbuncut5

tlbuncut5 New Member

Albums:
    might have a small pee pee, and is embaresd for other guys to see it.

3. americanronin

americanronin Member

Don't have to bring your crap in? leave it in the car? No lock?

4. D_Doe_Ray_Mi

D_Doe_Ray_Mi Account Disabled

Exhibitionist, save time, impress girlfriend, nudist, uninhibited, to show-off, go figure, choose your explanation. I can confess to all of these . . .

5. JPREID51

JPREID51 New Member

"Americanronin" i think you probably answered it , lock your goods in the car if you don't have a lock , and being in SA you cannot leave your stuff in a open locker. thanks for the update

6. rbkwp

Gold Member

Albums:
    Dont know, but enjoy the many surfer bodies changing beside there cars, be it Aussie or NZ hahah
    Maybe we can get a law going that they have to walk around there vehicle 5 times naked before ...

7. JPREID51

JPREID51 New Member

Surfers Changing next to the car is actually quite common in fact it seems the norm here in Cape Town , i can't remember seeing a surfer going to the bathroom to change , they do it right next to the car.

8. Thirdlegproduction

Thirdlegproduction Formerly WhiteMonst3r
    Gold Member

Albums:
    Well I can't talk for other people but I tend to avoid changing rooms not because I'm shy but because people love showing off from skinny to fat to muscled old or young it doesn't matter I don't want to see your shit.

9. rbkwp

Gold Member

Albums:
    Great to hear SA and probably WW
    uninhibited Surfers, just want to get out into them waves, unlike a lot of the stories you read on here now, about the last couple of Generations showering in there underwear etc
    Do often see the Surfers cagily glancing around, fair enuf, also think they are respectful of younger kids around, so use of the towel is appropriate

Gonna come a report no doubt, where someone will make a real stupid complaint
    oh' i was offended .....

10. JPREID51

JPREID51 New Member

Who Showers in their Underwear ? I have just returned from Spain & Italy used my International Virgin Active membership and def no one showering in their underwear and def not here in South African gyms. I think this is a USA issue , not sure why US guys do this?

11. D_Alec_Baldtwins

D_Alec_Baldtwins Account Disabled

I don't usually change in the parking lot, though I have done it, but I don't use the lockers/locker room because the risk of break-in and theft is pretty high. The lockers are not hard to break into, even when padlocked - just poor design. I've known guys, and there's also no shortage of stories of guys who've had stuff stolen. This is at a major gym chain in southern California. It got so bad at one that the management actually hired a security guard service to have a security guy stand watch in the men's locker room for a while.

12. D_Baron_von_Hardon

D_Baron_von_Hardon Account Disabled

i change sitting on the tailgate of my truck after surfing. most people do here, peel off the wetsuit and get some clothes on before you freeze lol

13. PinkSteel

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    one word.... HOMO-PHOB
    he's too scared to show himself around his fellow men and would risk being seen in a parking lot.

14. dad4you

dad4you Member

My opinion is that American men have been terrified by the puritanical fundamental christians ( small c, yes).

15. B_Lightkeeper

B_Lightkeeper New Member

I'd love to apply for that job! :biggrin1:

16. B_jeepguy2

B_jeepguy2 New Member

It is because of the homophobia that runs rampant in this country. The parents of most 20-30 year old guys watched stuff like this in school when they were in grade school back in the 1960s and 70s. What would you expect? :rolleyes:

Old Homosexual Warning Video - YouTube

17. Zeusxl

Zeusxl New Member

Honestly it's quicker I don't have to get my stuff outta the locker when I leave. Funny answer I don't wanna see that one old dudes cock when i change. And there's always one.

18. billblows4u

billblows4u Member

Z we all get old. the habits you have now will be the changes you need to make later on in life.

19. houtx48

Gold Member

I blame it on the high divorce rate of the last thirty year and all the single mothers raising boys making them all paranoid about their bodies and promoting the idea every guy wants them.

20. matt121matt121

Gold Member

Albums:
    I doubt I'd change at the car outside of the gym.. but I do change by the car at the beach, and sometimes other place such as pools and waterparks.

That way I only have to put a towel and the necessities in the locker in the park..

At the beach its typically just a matter of convience as if there are change areas at all they are usually dirty and far away from the car.. so it seems pointless to me to carry my clothes back and forth when there going to be stored in the car anyways.. its just simply easier to change by the car.. either with or without a towel.

I call it the Australian Car Change is what I nicknamed it..

Draft saved Draft deleted