Why do men do it?

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Do guys get a special thrill, or perhaps an endorphin rush similar to a 'runners high' when they string a woman along or worse yet, a number of women along? Why do you do this? Is it really just to be mean?

I shouldn't be surprised when this happens at my age; but it's always like being sucker punched. The wind just comes right out of my lungs.

I'm just a small town Jersey girl, so excuse my naivete.

Jimbopete1

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I've run across a couple guys in my short life who have done a similar thing. "Players" who like to date multiple women at the same time. The only thing that I can see is that maybe they want to have backups, or maybe they're just into having options. It's cruel to the women, and any guy who does that is an ass.

Jeffin90620

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Do guys get a special thrill, or perhaps an endorphin rush similar to a 'runners high' when they string a woman along or worse yet, a number of women along?
In a word, yes.

It is not to be cruel. In our society, a man's success is gauged by how many women want him. Mick Jagger is not a good looking man, but because he is successful (rich, talented and famous), literally thousands of women have volunteered sex to him. In 1968, Henry Kissinger was a short, paunchy middle-aged bachelor with a funny accent and few dating prospects. In 1969, he was the most powerful unmarried man in the US government and dating actresses (Jill St. John, Candice Bergen & Persis Khambatta come to mind). When he finally married, it was to a 6' blonde millionaire heiress.

While most men will strive for success and reap the rewards, some will simply go for the trappings of success.

SassySpy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay

D_Cunningham Cumshipper

Just Browsing
Media
Does it matter really.....why? they do because they can....... they can because we let them..........:mad:

I'm not sure why you are quoting these two posts specifically because you are trying to do one of two things:
(1) Agree that this works both ways in which case you probably don't need to quote these posts.
(2) Try to argue that it's somehow worse when men do it, which doesn't make any sense.

I would hope it is the former, but I'm not sure.

50%more

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Do guys get a special thrill, or perhaps an endorphin rush similar to a 'runners high' when they string a woman along or worse yet, a number of women along? Why do you do this? Is it really just to be mean?

I shouldn't be surprised when this happens at my age; but it's always like being sucker punched. The wind just comes right out of my lungs.

Did he make some sort of committment to you? If he did and he broke it that tells that tells what kind of person he is. I have had several people in my life that I no longer consider friends because of their lack of character. It is like the scene in "A Bronx Tale" where Sonny tells the young kid that if he only lost $20 to see what kind of character his so-called friend had he got off cheap.

SassySpy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I'm not sure why you are quoting these two posts specifically because you are trying to do one of two things:
(1) Agree that this works both ways in which case you probably don't need to quote these posts.
(2) Try to argue that it's somehow worse when men do it, which doesn't make any sense.

I would hope it is the former, but I'm not sure.

you sound like an analytical psychologist. yes, both genders are guilty and for the same reasons. and I incorrectly flagged the wrong post to quote, Dr Freud. :smile:

tiff86

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

Yeah it sucks. When I was reading this though what I was thinking is I know girls who do this too, like stringing along a guy they sorta like just in case the guy they really like doesn't come around. Maybe it's the same thing w/guys?

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I have a friend who is supposedly one of thoge guys. He never strung me along though. We had sex when I was single, and stopped when I found someone I wanted to be serious with. He never made any promises to me at all. I remember the first night I spent with him he held me and told me a lot of secrets. I felt really close to him. But then he made it clear:

"I'm not the one you fall in love with becasue I'm too young to get married. I already told you I have two sons, and their mothers get child-support straight from my check. The courts can only take so much from me, so if a girl is looking for the dude with the good job to attach a kid to, I'm not the one. She can't get much from me, and she'd only be taking away from my existing children and their mothers. Fuck shit up for everybody. So don't get this twisted. I really like you, I want to fuck you for a long time. I do not want to be your man."

Now he's charming as hell, and fun to be with (and good in bed) so naturally I developed a crush on him. But he continued to make it clear: "I do not want to be your man." The crush subsided as crushes do, and we still talk on the phone from time to time. He's a real friend, not just a fuck buddy, which is what we both wanted. But there's always drama in his life. There's always some crazy woman or other who is losing her shit over him. I asked him if he gives every woman the same speech. He says he does. I can't swear he does, but I can't see any reason to lie either.

Women buy him all sorts of things to try to win his affection: Cars, jewels, furs you name it! I mean the man is fine as hell, but DAMN"! A car? With a $10,000 entertainment system? And spinners? Come on. But women give him things like that all the time.

I asked him how he inspired this, and why there was so much drama. He said,

"I say, 'I don't love you. I don't want to be with you forever.' but some women hear 'I love you very much. I want to be with you forever.' and go crazy when faced with the truth. They feel like they've been wasting their time. And the truth is, maybe they are."

Love-it

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I was guilty of this once, we had only been married a few years when I was the US Forest Service leader of a Sierra Club volunteer trail maintenance group, I had the Forest Service Uniform, a shirt with badge and patches and this younger woman was taken with the great outdoors and my "uniform"? I don't know, but she was the only other woman who had showed an interest in me besides my wife and I didn't know how to handle it. I did lead her on in that I didn't tell her I was married, we sat by the fire a few nights and talked quite a bit, no kissing, petting or sex but she was disappointed when I told her I was married. This may be pretty tame compared to many other tales but the reason I led her on was that I had so little experience with the opposite sex finding me "desirable".

My apologies.