Why do men hate "Santa Baby"?

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The reason I don't care for the song is the air-headed, manipulative whiny way in which its sung. In general I prefer women who sound like adults when they sing rather than a little girl: think Billie Holiday. Its the same reason I dislike Material Girl by Madonna. Its a song about trading items for love.

I hear ya. I like Eartha Kitt. I know I like the song because it is SOOOO over the top. I should hope no one is that materialistic. It is a total stereotype. I sing it in a husky alto! LOL! I have a colleague who wants me to sing Baby its cold outside with him. I cant decide whether to do it just slightly annoyed or intoxicated sex kittenish. I do think Jessica Simpson's version was so sex kitten you missed the wit and the humor in the song because you were so rapt in looking in wonder at that skin tight snowsuit, and that is from a 100% hetero female!:eek:

playainda336

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Greensboro (North Carolina, United States)
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I DESPISE that song. Mainly because the tone of voice it is usually sung in is that high pitched Betty Boopy sounding voice that to my ears is like fingernails cross a chalk board.
I like it because of that actually. LOL.

It's cute. I couldn't bear to listen to the RuPaul version...I actually forgot hesheit existed.

LeeEJ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Cant say i like Ru's version but this one i love

YouTube - Eartha Kitt with Friends Santa Baby

I was just about to point that one out, too. If Eartha Kitt is singing something, just about everyone else can't match.

What I don't like about RuPaul's version is the cheap MIDI music track. It sounds like he scanned the arrangement into some notation software and pressed Play.

Oh yeah -- I never even heard about this song until this thread.. lol

zawfi

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I never heard the RuPaul version until now. As camp goes, it's OK, but the Eartha Kitt version is my favorite of the two, and Eartha's got camp down, in a manner of speaking! She's almost a parody of the prototypical sex kitten in that song, and perhaps in her entire career.

LeeEJ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Just a really fucking annoying song if you're married, and your wife wants to see ol' Saint Nick come before you do.

Know why Mrs. Claus wants a divorce?

'Cuz Santa only comes once a year!

AND it's always down someone's chimney!

:biggrin1:

LeeEJ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Oh, hey -- is it just me, or are those "friends" in Eartha Kitt's movie actually drag queens?

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Abhorrent song. If your generalization is true, and there is something unique or significant about most men disliking this song, I'd say that the much more pertinent question would be: "why do women like Santa Baby?"

Now that I can not tell you. I have stated my own reasons but I suppose it may be something akin to why women think they need to do certain things for men when in truth it is probably the peer pressure of other women. Most women dont "have it like that " Clearly this is a gold digger's song for her sugar daddy...

BigDuder

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
For some reason most men I know HATE that song. They find nothing cute or sexy about it. Tell your feelings. Personally this is my favorite version of the song...

YouTube - Rupaul Santa Baby

I think it is a witty song that should be laughed at like the idea of A guy trying to seduce a girl back into his apartment in "Baby its cold outside".

YouTube - Ricardo Montalban-Esther Williams 'Baby It's Cold Outside'

i love "baby, it's cold outside". "santa baby" is just garbage though.

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

LeeEJ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
[tangent]

... women think they need to do certain things for men when in truth it is probably the peer pressure of other women...

That's what pisses me off the most about most women -- can't they think for themselves instead? Damn...

[/tangent]

:wink:

BigLittleMan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
i hate the song for several reasons:

singer is trying to sound like a child which is both creepy and sad at the same time, kind of like a old skank in a mini skirt

most of the time when women do something they think is cutesy/sexy, it's just revolting and i want to puke

yeah, that's pretty much it.

blm