Why Do Men...

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by windtalkerways, Apr 3, 2006.

1. windtalkerways

Gold Member

Here's an interesting question I found at another site:

Why do men check out other women when
    they're already in a relationship?

What say you guys?

Oh...anyone can answer this...guess it could be why
    do you still check out other guys (for some fellas.)

2. mainer1

mainer1 New Member

Hi Windwalker....I'm gay, but I understand all male impulses...we are hard-wired to mate with any and all available partners, we check them all out...I've asked str8 male buddies why they don't know how pissed their women get when they do it, but they are rarely even conscious they do it, and are usually happy and satisfied with the women they are with....make any sense? Hope so!

3. naughty

Gold Member

WIndy,

Probably because they have a Y Chromosome and they can! LOL!

Naughty

4. B_Danceswithlamps

B_Danceswithlamps New Member

I don't personally, but I'm a very religous person anyway, and physical properties many times just don't do it for me.

HOWEVER, many men don't do it just to appear manly, or to spite their wives, but just because they are men, and men are attracted (generally) to a woman's body, especially a good looking one. It is really just something nature does.

5. DirtyJ018

DirtyJ018 New Member

Why do women?

6. Thedrewbert

Thedrewbert Member

Albums:
    My BF and I check out guys together.... but it's more because we're kinda like pack hunters.

"Oh, he'd be nice to bring home with us tonight."

7. windtalkerways

Gold Member

How could you tell behind my sunglasses?

8. sexycobra

sexycobra New Member

Here's one reason why :tongue: (I read this study a while ago). Read this, it is taken from a real study!

http://flatrock.org.nz/topics/intellect_and_entertain/do_you_see_what_eye_mean.htm

An Eyeful a Day Keeps the Doctor Away
    by Jonathan Hayter
    Staring at women's breasts is good for men's health and makes them live longer, a new survey reveals. Researchers have discovered that a 10-minute ogle at women's breasts is as healthy as half-an-hour in the gym. A five-year study of 200 men found that those who enjoyed a longing look at busty beauties had lower blood pressure, less heart disease and slower pulse rates compared to those who did not get their daily eyeful.
    Dr Karen Weatherby, who carried out the German study, wrote in The New England Journal of Medicine: "Just 10 minutes of staring at the charms of a well-endowed female is roughly equivalent to a 30-minute aerobics workout. Sexual excitement gets the heart pumping and improves blood circulation. There is no question that gazing at breasts makes men healthier. Our study indicates that engaging in this activity a few minutes daily cuts the risk of a stroke and heart attack in half. We believe that by doing so consistently, the average man can extend his life 4 to 5 years."
    She added that sexy stars like Dolly Parton, Heather Locklear, Anna Nicole Smith and Demi Moore had proved to be especially good for the men's health.
    Source: the web again

9. windtalkerways

Gold Member

I love the responses so far.

I think maybe women think guys are
    looking for a better model, perhaps?

10. windtalkerways

Gold Member

Oh, there you go Cobra but does it help our
    gay bretheren or do they have to see cock?:wink:

11. Thedrewbert

Thedrewbert Member

Albums:
    doesn't have to be the cock.... a nice ass or chest gets me going.

12. sexycobra

sexycobra New Member

I also found this on the same web site:

Sorry, WTW, they don't have an explanation for gay men...

Pretty Faces Get Men's Brains Going
    New York - A beautiful woman's face is like chocolate, cash or cocaine to a young man's brain, according to Harvard University researchers. Their brain-imaging study revealed that while young heterosexual males are indeed capable of finding beauty in another man's face, only a lovely female visage can set off the "reward centres" in their brains.
    When men in the study were shown pictures of various faces, only the female faces deemed beautiful triggered activity in brain regions previously associated with food, drugs and money, according to findings published in the November 8th issue of Neuron. The unique effect of the comely female face occurred despite the fact that the men also rated some male faces as "beautiful."
    "It looks like there can be a difference between what the brain 'likes,' an image that is judged to be attractive, and what the brain 'wants,' something that is regarded as a reward in and of itself," study author Dr Hans Breiter, of Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston, said in a statement. In their experiments, the researchers first asked a group of men to rate how attractive they found the faces - which, unbeknownst to the participants, had already been placed into the categories "beautiful" or "average." The men's ratings, it turned out, fell in line with the categories, and attractive male faces garnered ratings similar to attractive female faces.
    But in the next phase of the study, men in another group were allowed to control how long they viewed a particular face by pressing a key. Breiter's team found that they "expended effort" to see the beautiful female faces for a longer time, but for all other faces they tried only to "make the faces disappear faster." Finally, in a third group of men studied with brain imaging known as functional MRI, the investigators found that only the attractive female faces set off the brain's "reward circuitry."
    "It's particularly interesting that the attractive male faces actually produced what could be considered an aversion response, even though they had been recognised as attractive," Breiter said. His co-author, Dr Nancy Etcoff, noted that this research echoes previous work suggesting the human perception of beauty may be "in-born." "While we know that experience, learning and personal idiosyncrasies all have an impact on attraction between particular individuals, these results show that this basic reward response is deeply seated in human nature," she said in a statement.
    Source: www.nzherald.co.nz 10 November 2001 © New Zealand Herald via Reuters

13. windtalkerways

Gold Member

Oh yeah...me too, Drew! :tongue:

14. Matthew

Gold Member

Being in a committed relationship does zero to shut down my sexual interest in other guys. I might decide not to do anything about it, or decide not to look, but the feelings are still there no matter what. My best relationships have been with guys who felt the same way, and I've had more relationship problems with guys who pretended they didn't feel the same way.

15. kawika

kawika Member

A lot of times I am not even aware I am doing it, until my gf points it out. Now she joins me or beats me to the bunch, like I bet you would do her wouldn't you, or what about that one.

16. Love-it

Gold Member

Why do men climb mountains?

Because they are there.

[SIZE=+2]raison d’être[/SIZE]​
    (ray-zohnn [SIZE=-1]DET[/SIZE]-ruh) A basic, essential purpose; a reason to exist.
    From French, meaning “reason for being.”

17. novice_btm

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    We ARE!!! From a "save the species" standpoint, it's reported that we're hard-wired to "spread the seed" with as many diverse models as we can.

18. b.c.

Gold Member

Albums:
    No, that isn't the case. Like mainer1 said, most guys are just wired that way, although the smart (and considerate) guy usually knows enough (and cares enough) not to disrespect their significant other by doing this in their presence.

IMO, the time to worry most is when a guy no longer has these impulses.

19. GuyanaPrince

GuyanaPrince New Member

Maybe, we haven't tapped anything new in a while.

I'm not a big fan of men always having to make the first move, but, it can get exciting sometimes. Maybe, its the chase that gets us - the scent of conquest in the air.

Sometimes, what you're with just isn't that hot, and the girl you're checking on the street is just way, way hotter than yours - seriously. If you're anything like me, you pursue a woman because she's interesting to as a human being; not because she's a hottie. If you're lucky, you meet a woman with the total pack, but, that's rare. I'm easily bored by dumb, pretensious women and always go for smart or funny girls, even average-looking ones. However, if I see something out there hotter than what I'm with - hell yes, I'm looking.

Sometimes, even a pretty girl can become a clingy, insecure pain in the ass. We're thinking to ourselves, if the girl I'm with gets any more annoying, maybe I can hitch a ride with that one.

We look for lots of reasons. :rolleyes:

20. Cosota

Cosota Member

Men and women are the most beautiful of creations.
    Why would you ever stop admiring a fierce sunset or a flowering meadow?

Draft saved Draft deleted