Why Do Most Liberals Hate the Military?

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Ah, Faceking is doing the rhetorical trap. His question infers that liberals, by definition, must hate the military. Of course, as usual he's full of it so much that it's dripping out of his ears. A question in the same genre is: Faceking, when did you stop beating your wife?

SpeedoMike

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
It's been somewhat odd, and somewhat not. Liberals, by in large, ...and I'm still trying to figure out what is (very similar to local law enforcement) hate the military.

They exhibit one or more of the following:
  • their media outlets (NBC, ABC, NPR, CNN vs Fox) spend 9 times the bandwidth to find the "bad story" amongst the military, and more so spend 20 times the airtime to point out all the bad the military has provided (nee Iraq) vs the good.
I hardly believe that Fox New Network should be called liberal?????

vindicator

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Liberals support the military by not putting them in harms way unless it is ABSOLUTELY nessessary... like WWI and WWII. It was interesting that those two wars were mentioned. Do you see how they are completely different from the Gulf War and the Iraq War? Democrats go to war when there is no other choice and the reason are just.

Like so many other chickenhawks, some conservatives are quick to beat the war drum but are unwilling to serve.... like the Command and Chief and the Vice President, who did everything possible to get out of serving in Vietnam with his 5 (count them FIVE) draft differments. He did everything he could to get out of serving.

Ya, conservatives really know how to support the military...

transformer_99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I like this thread, I responded, yet am not liberal, nor conservative, Oh I suppose on certain issues I lean further right or left and if if you really find an issue, I can either totally cave, even be unwavering on my stances. Anyway, the thread was a good way to really show what has been going on by linking unbiased photo journalism.

Anyway, Faceking puts out threads that are emotionally thought provoking, it drew the ire of most that responded to this thread. When you think about it, ho can one feel insulted from the original post ? It doesn't apply to me, so my line of posting was the hypocrisy of the conservatives. If anyone is guilty of being in love with full metal jacket, it has to be Bush. The man had an opportunity to serve and actually participate in a war, yet he never participated. I think it's neat the military has all these weapons, the bangs they make and what they're capable of, but when you look at the pics I posted, many of those wounded/killed are/were children. That's just not supposed to happen to children.

These type of threads never get a rise out of me, I get more revved up over rush hour traffic and why there are a bunch of moron's in front of me that can't move more than a car length or two on the highway.

Besides, anyone with a cool avatar of the psycho from "No Country for Old Men", can't be a bad guy after all ?

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Ah, Faceking is doing the rhetorical trap. His question infers that liberals, by definition, must hate the military. Of course, as usual he's full of it so much that it's dripping out of his ears.

humor me here one and all

how is this question any different than... god, I could and just may pull a gazillion up.... but this is a current fave that ya'll jumped on... and rode ..

will republicans vote black?

nee all republicans are racists :: nee all liberals hate the military

both are fair questions or ludicrous??? you tell me.

where was the "you are so full of it, you are beating your wife" rhetoric on that post... hypocrites.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
So, faceking, you still have not pointed out my posts in this thread which were uncivil. You've played plenty of uncivil behavior in this thread, I have not, but you accuse me.

Put your money where your pie-hole is.

Satsfakshun

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
How convenient. You ask a dishonest, accusatory question, that you declare no one need rebut.

It's somewhat similar to the question:

"Have you stopped beating your wife? Answer it yes or no."

And then you protest and insist on people answering your loaded rhetorical question first or you will clam up and not respond. You are just stirring the pot. There's nothing more to your thread than a rant.

Why not just write it as a rant and leave it at that? :confused:

Because after a few correspondence courses in debating public policy courtesy of the Rush/Hannity/Coulter/Heritage foundations, he feels he's qualified to engage in public debate. So he's always out here flinging his half-baked cookies at anyone who passes by.

Jovial

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It's been somewhat odd, and somewhat not. Liberals, by in large, ...and I'm still trying to figure out what is (very similar to local law enforcement) hate the military.
Perhaps you label anybody who doesn't like the military as liberal.

But I don't see the point in labeling people liberal or conservative. Just debate each issue separately.

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
How can anyone take a person serious and answer a such a rhetorical trap question when the poster of the thread uses garlic salt and onion salt as spices? Here are a couple of similarly absurd questions:

How much ketchup should one put on a rib eye steak?

Why do Liberals drink coffee out of mugs and Conservatives drink coffee with cups and saucers?

When did you first realize you didn't receive enough attention as a child and decided to make a career out of it by annoying everyone with your personal problems?

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
A few have barely answered the original question and points, many have not especially the vehement ones... why liberals by-in-large hate the military. So much anger, yet little counterrhetoric. Answer mine, and I'll answer yours until then... keep yo trizzaps shut.

I've answered every single one of your original list of completely asinine questions completely and satisfactorily. Others have given very complete and well-reasoned answers as well. As predicted, though, it was a total waste of time. You completely ignored JustAsking's response and my own and have mostly ignored DC_DEEP's. You, this thread, and everyone's participation here is a waste of time. Keep yammering though if it makes you feel better, that's obviously all you're here for. Can't you write this baloney in a private journal though instead of wasting everyone else's time with it if you're only here to read your own posts?

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
How can anyone take a person serious and answer a such a rhetorical trap question when the poster of the thread uses garlic salt and onion salt as spices? Here are a couple of similarly absurd questions:

How much ketchup should one put on a rib eye steak?
:aargh4: None! The people who do this are the same inbred cretins who put ketchup on scrambled eggs. :rolleyes:

Why do Liberals drink coffee out of mugs and Conservatives drink coffee with cups and saucers?
Because Liberals make their coffee themselves and conservatives have their coffee brought to them by off-the-books, underpaid, brown skinned women from third world countries. They usually make them wear a quaint maid costume circa 1956.
When did you first realize you didn't receive enough attention as a child and decided to make a career out of it by annoying everyone with your personal problems?
Play nice, not everyone can have the privileged and perfect childhoood which you had. :biggrin1:

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I've answered every single one of your original list of completely asinine questions completely and satisfactorily. Others have given very complete and well-reasoned answers as well. As predicted, though, it was a total waste of time. You completely ignored JustAsking's response and my own and have mostly ignored DC_DEEP's. You, this thread, and everyone's participation here is a waste of time. Keep yammering though if it makes you feel better, that's obviously all you're here for. Can't you write this baloney in a private journal though instead of wasting everyone else's time with it if you're only here to read your own posts?

Then.. WHY do you respond.. amidst X pages of drivel?????

DC DEEP is , as I've stated IMPOSSIBLE to have civil dialect with... he's on forever ignore.

You on the other hand... I've thought we've been civil, and will get to your points... mind you .. it's a bit cumbersome being 99:1 out here kid.

Just Asking.... remind me what page and where his/her posts are at... seriously... sounds like there are some good points, but I can't bother wading through the loathesome accusatory blather I peruse through.

I don't live/die by LPSG Etc Etc... threads... I ask and respond to some threads... but judging from what I see... I'm curious how many heart rates go up by 10-20% amidst this thread....

vs the EPIC... http://www.lpsg.org/71830-huge-natural-tits-thin-body-100.html

War Big Nats.. peace out.

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Forgot about this.... libs... why hate the Blue Angels... they are like Disney On Air.... .
I'm not making this up ppl.. and this ain't Libetarians or Green Party or KKK, ...

SAN FRANSICKO (Map, News) - The annual aerial show by the U.S. Navy’s Blue Angels — a San Francisco tradition dating back to 1981 that pumps millions into the local economy — is running into opposition from three local peace advocacy groups that are calling for a permanent halt to the popular Fleet Week flyover.

CodePink, Global Exchange and Veterans for Peace, Chapter 69, are working with Supervisor Chris Daly on a Board of Supervisors resolution to address concerns over the Blue Angels.
Daly acknowledged he is considering a call to halt the flyovers because, he said, “they seem dangerous and unnecessary.”
(read as: hate the military and find the lamest safety hazard/threat)

Daly said he plans on introducing the resolution as early as Tuesday, but is still drafting the language. A resolution is not legally binding, but states a board position.

AKA another waste of taxpayer money by macho grandstanding and petty bickering

Veterans for Peace takes issue with the pro-military message and the recruiting efforts that come along with the annual visit as well as what it refers to as the “noise pollution.” The group calls the event a public safety risk, pointing to the April crash of a Blue Angels plane during an air show in Beaufort, S.C.
Just a slight miscalculation or a mechanical failure can cause a plane to “go barreling into the Golden Gate Bridge or a high-rise and cause a significant amount of damage,” said Paul Cox, a Vietnam veteran and member of the Veterans for Peace.

this is great, even I can't make this up

Fleet Week attracts about 1 million people to The City’s waterfront and sinks about $4 million into The City’s economy, according to Leonard. When the Blue Angels did not fly over San Francisco in 2004, attendance and revenue dropped by more than 50 percent, he said.
Leonard said Fleet Week comes with a variety of benefits, from boosting the local economy to providing people “a chance to say thanks for the people serving in the military now.”
CodePink has launched an online petition, signed by more than 500 people to date, calling on leaders to end the flyovers for reasons of public safety, air pollution and fuel waste.

right on... perhaps someone here can find the link to said online petition and post within said thread.

air pollution and fuel waste is not cool.