why do most men like to show off, while women don't

D_Dick_Jerqhoff

Experimental Member
Media
I think, as others have implied, that it relates back to natural competition, at least in part. Bottom line we're still animals and we're promoting our male prowess. To show off and know that we're bigger than some makes us feel like more of a man. Hearing positive feedback helps prop us up. Beyond that showing off satisfies the exhibitionist in me - especially on cam.

Notthe7

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Because females are scrutinized so harshly by both women and men that it takes a lot of big ones to really feel secure enough to show it all off.

D_Tim McGnaw

Account Disabled
Media
Bollox to the OP, sweeping generalisations of this kind are fatuous, and sexist. Some men like to show off, some men don't, some women like to show off and some women don't.

This thread should have been posted in Etc and the question should have been "Why do some people like to show off and some people don't?"

Idiocy.

big_tits4big_dicks

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I disagree, women show off everyday. Makeup, pretty clothes, high heels, much more work than most men. If you mean why don't women show their genitals here as much? Well, I don't because I don't come here to look at genitals. I know I just shocked everyone I'm sure, but I like men. The whole man, not just a shot of a penis. Sooooo, I would never have just the vagine! Anyways, I'm photogenic, my vagina usually just makes the same expression is every shot...

Hardballin

Experimental Member
Media
second poster had it... im not gay but look at a penis, soft hard, veins, head shape, skin here or there, different colors, white pimples on penis, length, thickness, which way it points.. there is like 100 different things to examine on a penis when it is shown.... women, its like eh... not much to see off the bat. not much to look at, but trust me, i rather look at a womens body than a penis. hahaha.

Patchos

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It isn't very socially acceptable as she said, and we're far more liekly to get judged as sluts. Women are also objectified in our every day lives. We don't usually enjoy it, but men aren't, therefore they love the opportunity to be objectified. Usually men are looking for praise "oooh I love your big cock" and women hear enough of that in our daily lives to need it on cam.

This cartoon explains it well.

riellox

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
For me it's more about safety than anything else. Anonymous or not, it's just not something I feel safe doing.

Well most people post headless pics, and there are users from all the world, so safety is not in danger here in my opinion.

second poster had it... im not gay but look at a penis, soft hard, veins, head shape, skin here or there, different colors, white pimples on penis, length, thickness, which way it points.. there is like 100 different things to examine on a penis when it is shown.... women, its like eh... not much to see off the bat. not much to look at, but trust me, i rather look at a womens body than a penis. hahaha.

I don't think you must have seen many vagina then, because they're all different looking too :p

To the OP, I think most people value some anonymity in spite of wanting to indulge in exhibitionist tendencies, regardless of gender

D_Crystallized Ginger

Sexy Member
Media

we share the same poin of view ;-) penis is a more complex phenomenon but women are way better to look at!!!!!!

Chantillylace

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
flbrdmdmdm.... The fact of the matter is that this is an oppinion based question. If anyone can give me any cold hard evidence stating that I am either wrong or clinically insane, then I'll shut up and go hide in a corner.
Until then I wll share my various oppinions, no need to be rude.

riellox

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I can understand that.. So by going off of that, here's my stance.
I think it is more enetertaining to watch a man masterbate than it is a woman. I believe this is because you can see everything happening, from initial arousal to climax. It's all external hardware.
However, If I ever get married again, I'm having female strippers. Without the aspect of masterbation, the female form is much more sensual to me. Rounded breasts, seductive eyes, cute lace panties. vs. a man with a hard dick. Visually there is more to watch on a womans body and the are more... hmmm... more erotic to the eye.
I am more turned on seeing a female stripper than a male stripper. But would rather watch a guy masterbate...

And I already know there are a billion memeber who are going to disagree with me..

Not just erotic, I think it's a matter of harmony. IMHO a woman body is much more sensual, without being openly sexual. A penis is just a sexual instrument!

nolbaby

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
i think women DO like to show off. go to a rock n roll concert, my friend. you will see many a pair of tits pulled from their shirts while their owner sits on the shoulders of a tall guy. you will see very few men crowd surfing with their penises out.
if you're talking about web cams, its because... well, for starters, make sure you're actually talking to a WOMAN. can't stress that enough. but, besides that, its probably because women don't like to masturbate as much as men. women can get real sex much more easily than men can, and thus are much less likely to resort to masturbation via web cam conversation than men are. also, if you're talking to a fat chick, she is probably very self conscious and will not want to show off because she isn't proud to flaunt what she has. showing off is all about confidence. shit you don't see micro penis owners showing off very often, nor do you see obese men.

riellox

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
i think women DO like to show off. go to a rock n roll concert, my friend. you will see many a pair of tits pulled from their shirts while their owner sits on the shoulders of a tall guy. you will see very few men crowd surfing with their penises out.
if you're talking about web cams, its because... well, for starters, make sure you're actually talking to a WOMAN. can't stress that enough. but, besides that, its probably because women don't like to masturbate as much as men. women can get real sex much more easily than men can, and thus are much less likely to resort to masturbation via web cam conversation than men are. also, if you're talking to a fat chick, she is probably very self conscious and will not want to show off because she isn't proud to flaunt what she has. showing off is all about confidence. shit you don't see micro penis owners showing off very often, nor do you see obese men.

I can agree, but honestly I have never seen a man going around proud of his bulge...

B_subgirrl

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Well most people post headless pics, and there are users from all the world, so safety is not in danger here in my opinion.

Technically, it's probably not at all unsafe. But it doesn't FEEL safe to me.

but, besides that, its probably because women don't like to masturbate as much as men. women can get real sex much more easily than men can, and thus are much less likely to resort to masturbation via web cam conversation than men are.

If you're going to make ridiculous statements like this, at least try to make it a little more respectable by skipping the generalisations.

Enid

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Why do you say this? could you explain better?

SHE doesn't FEEL safe posting pictures of herself here. Headless or not. Period. Your assessment that it should be okay because you say it's safe is a little short-sighted.

You know, there are a fair amount of spotty folks here...just a week or so ago a woman left the site due to issues with a stalker. So subgirl's reticence is certainly understandable by my estimation. I don't really get why this isn't obvious.