Why do Obama and Clinton opose Wikileaks latest...

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Julian Assange is a cheeky twat, imo. He's banging on about his liberties being infringed, because details of his sex life were made public, and his right to privacy should've been respected. Er.....?

Is it just me, or should he perhaps see the connection between this and what he's recently been doing?!

Well I found it somewhat amusing that the master of Wiki"leaks" was whining about "leaks" on his own personal life.

What goes around, I always say.

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Well I found it somewhat amusing that the master of Wiki"leaks" was whining about "leaks" on his own personal life.

What goes around, I always say.

I found that odd for him to do... if that is what he did.

This guy should be jailed, if not hung. He is not a whistleblower, 99.9% is intel about legal activities. If he did this in the private sector, he'd be castrated.

D_Davy_Downspout

Account Disabled
Media
I found that odd for him to do... if that is what he did.

This guy should be jailed, if not hung. He is not a whistleblower, 99.9% is intel about legal activities. If he did this in the private sector, he'd be castrated.

This is really, really dumb. It's like you have no idea what you're talking about.

A) Of course Assange isn't a whistleblower. You don't understand what Wikileaks is, and so you say dumb things like that.

B) You have no idea what % of the leaked cables covers legal activities. They've only released a fraction. And you couldn't even substantiate the 99% number on the ones that have.

C) He is in the private sector, and he has leaked about the private sector. What on earth does that sentence even mean?

D_Davy_Downspout

Account Disabled
Media
Julian Assange is a cheeky twat, imo. He's banging on about his liberties being infringed, because details of his sex life were made public, and his right to privacy should've been respected. Er.....?

Is it just me, or should he perhaps see the connection between this and what he's recently been doing?!

He's not upset that his sex life was made public. He's saying that the case in Sweden has been highly irregular and he believes the US is pressuring them to make more of a case than there is. Sweden hasn't charged him with anything, he's wanted for questioning.

It's obvious that his treatment so far has been politically motivated. While I'd like for it to be the case, suspected sex offenders in the UK are not generally held in solitary, forced to wear ankle bracelets and to pay 300k bond.

helgaleena

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
He's not upset that his sex life was made public. He's saying that the case in Sweden has been highly irregular and he believes the US is pressuring them to make more of a case than there is. Sweden hasn't charged him with anything, he's wanted for questioning.

It's obvious that his treatment so far has been politically motivated. While I'd like for it to be the case, suspected sex offenders in the UK are not generally held in solitary, forced to wear ankle bracelets and to pay 300k bond.

Agreed, despite my snide attitude to his OKCupid.

SilverTrain

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'm sorry that you're hurt that someone disagreed with you. Better luck next time.

If you're to post stuff that may be incorrect, do not be surprised if people try to correct you.

Lol, "hurt"! Yes, I'm hurt like I am when a fly gorges itself on a fecal smorgasbord of questionable provenance and then regurgitates on my elbow.

And the only surprising thing is that there really are people who get a bucketful of jolly by prancing around web fora, slinging self-important cuntery, and apparently imagining that anyone is "suitably awed" by the display.

D_Davy_Downspout

Account Disabled
Media
Lol, "hurt"! Yes, I'm hurt like I am when a fly gorges itself on a fecal smorgasbord of questionable provenance and then regurgitates on my elbow.

And the only surprising thing is that there really are people who get a bucketful of jolly by prancing around web fora, slinging self-important cuntery, and apparently imagining that anyone is "suitably awed" by the display.

Yeah, you're mad.

the wikileaks thing is the best thing that has happened, i oppose the wars

SilverTrain

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Yeah, you're mad.

Not in the slightest (I assume you meant "angry" as opposed to "crazy"--the latter, I am a bit guilty of). But I now fully understand the motivations behind all the snide, high-handed "debate", as well as precisely what it is that fills your bucket o' jolly.

No real interest in meaningful debate, then. Just another eager member of the oneupmanship brigade. Couldn't find suitable thrills in the show off forum?

D_Davy_Downspout

Account Disabled
Media
Not in the slightest (I assume you meant "angry" as opposed to "crazy"--the latter, I am a bit guilty of). But I now fully understand the motivations behind all the snide, high-handed "debate", as well as precisely what it is that fills your bucket o' jolly.

No real interest in meaningful debate, then. Just another eager member of the oneupmanship brigade. Couldn't find suitable thrills in the show off forum?

Actually, no.

I responded to your post, you whined about my tone. I don't give a shit about whether you thought I was condescending or not.

You can be condescending to me all day, if I'm right I'm right. If you are, you are. But you have responded by attacking me, so I'm just going to rile you up more and make you look the fool.

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Via Gawker:

The Obama administration hasn't exactly heaped laurels on Wikileaks for leaking classified state cables. Joe Biden even called Wikileaks founder Julian Assange a "High-tech terrorist!" But Republican attack dog Rep. Darrell Issa wants Assange locked up now.

Issa is the incoming chair of the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee, which means he'll be in charge of tying up the Obama administration for the next two years with petty investigations about ACORN, etc. Republicans are already pissed at Attorney General Eric Holder for failing to investigate the giant threat to national security that is the New Black Panther Party, and it seems they're going to try to spin Holder's failure to (so far) prosecute Wikileaks as yet another sign that the Obama administration is a bunch of wimps.

[...]

Except bringing criminal charges requires a crime having been committed. Basically, the only way Julian Assange could be prosecuted for the cablegate leak without tossing the First Amendment and all mainstream media outlets who also reported the cables into a giant bonfire, kristallnacht-style, is with a conspiracy case—which they are trying to build.

JackWyatt76

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
How long before the new Supreme Court ruling on speech potentially constituting material aid to terrorism being used against Wikileaks. All you have to do is label them as being a terrorist organization, then anybody telling them anything automatically becomes a criminal

SilverTrain

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Actually, no.

I responded to your post, you whined about my tone. I don't give a shit about whether you thought I was condescending or not.

You can be condescending to me all day, if I'm right I'm right. If you are, you are. But you have responded by attacking me, so I'm just going to rile you up more and make you look the fool.

Oh, no. Not that!