Why do older men become bi-curious

HorseHung40's

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I resemble your remarks.

Thank you for the validation of my opinion.

I believe that it is a "drive-in" closet, because there are so many. You are certainly not alone.

I have also known those, who despite societal pressures, refused to be a slave to them. One, a professional colleague, did have a hard time of things many years ago. He had a challenge in securing employment, although his qualifications were excellent. He did find his place eventually, and, thrived. He became respected in our field.

Younger people, both from our discipline - German language and literature - and others, will approach him at conferences, and, state that "he made it easier for them". He was always very modest about it all, because he said that he was "just trying to get through life".

MrTMT

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
But if they really were gay, how did they maintain marriage to a woman at all, unless it was an unconsummated marriage of convenience? To have been able to function with a woman surely there must be some level of attraction to women, surely? But maybe it's about where, on the Kinsey scale, you draw the line between gay and bisexual. The kind of man you refer to may be a Kinsey 5?
I agreed with you on this as I know in person a few guys that are very gay, most are straight looking, were able to maintained a heterosexual marriage and even have had 1 or multiple kids. Most got married at younger age, early 20s. Then when the life began to settled in late 30s or so, they've realized that their desired for men became stronger to suppressed, then either eventually or contemplating divorce or having homosexual affairs, on a down low.

One guy told me that he hated pussy so much, but have had sex while his ex rode him in a cowgirl position. He got 2 sons from that marriage, then filed for divorce when the sons were still in elementary school.

But if they really were gay, how did they maintain marriage to a woman at all, unless it was an unconsummated marriage of convenience? To have been able to function with a woman surely there must be some level of attraction to women, surely? But maybe it's about where, on the Kinsey scale, you draw the line between gay and bisexual. The kind of man you refer to may be a Kinsey 5?
I love women and only want to be in relationships with women, sex with a man is a fantasy but it doesn’t affect how I feel about women. I bet a lots of guys are in my boat

Anime2

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
I agreed with you on this as I know in person a few guys that are very gay, most are straight looking, were able to maintained a heterosexual marriage and even have had 1 or multiple kids. Most got married at younger age, early 20s. Then when the life began to settled in late 30s or so, they've realized that their desired for men became stronger to suppressed, then either eventually or contemplating divorce or having homosexual affairs, on a down low.

One guy told me that he hated pussy so much, but have had sex while his ex rode him in a cowgirl position. He got 2 sons from that marriage, then filed for divorce when the sons were still in elementary school.
That’s really sad that guys have time go through this

dude77007

Legendary Member
Media
Perhaps some guys experimented with the same sex in puberty and did so without any guilt or shame. Later they went on to a heterosexual lifestyle. I belong to a generation where such experimentation happened somewhat naturally or casually without labelling. Those of us that had such sexual experimentation without guilt or having to define oneself as either straight or gay, perhaps has allowed one to feel comfortable that such activity was part of their identity/experience. As one gets older one looks back at their life and begins to drop some social pretentions and give themselves permission to return to an activity that they never personally viewed as an aberration in the first place.

Capers

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Perhaps some guys experimented with the same sex in puberty and did so without any guilt or shame. Later they went on to a heterosexual lifestyle. I belong to a generation where such experimentation happened somewhat naturally or casually without labelling. Those of us that had such sexual experimentation without guilt or having to define oneself as either straight or gay, perhaps has allowed one to feel comfortable that such activity was part of their identity/experience. As one gets older one looks back at their life and begins to drop some social pretentions and give themselves permission to return to an activity that they never personally viewed as an aberration in the first place.
How old are you?

Filadelo

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
The truth is that sexuality is very complex. not all are 100% gay or straight or bi.

We have so many examples of men who preached Bible-based gay healing and today they recognize that desires don't go away, Michael Bussee, John Paulk, Tim Rymel, Christian Schizzel, Tuscan Peterson, John smid, Ted Haggard, Alan Chambers Norman Goldwasser, David Matheson, these people started to have a very young heterosexual life, and today they are older, probably the desire for men is stronger and today they declared themselves as bi or gay. What intrigues me most is how they managed to have sex with their wives ?! I asked Alan Chambers, he said that he usually thought of men to penetrate his wife, and not always his dick was hard, today he can no longer have sex with her even thinking about men, They are only married because of the children. It's sad, but I think that social pressure and religion weigh on these decisions

diver6

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
I agree, that describes myself exactly!!

brandon38

Superior Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I think it is because they realise late on that sex is just sex sometimes, going with another guy also fulfills a deep down desire that all men have to handle another guys cock
True statement.

Anime2

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
I also think it’s down to society I think more straight find another guys attractive from young but are taught that it’s not right so they suppress it. It’s not that they’re even gay like like females but every now and then a guy catches their eye. Women society allows women to explore their sexuality where as men aren’t allowed to explore theirs with out being labelled

Cecil56

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I think mine started as a teen. Camped out with a friend one night. Woke up to him jerking me off until I blew my load. Kinda felt bad about him getting me off, so I returned the favor.

I savored that thought for many years after marriage. Then decided I would like to try it again. I enjoyed the experience. I'm only into trading handjobs though, no sucking or fucking. I like cock play, but hands only.

SlipShop

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

That's a great worded paragraph.

Reactions: diver6

SlipShop

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

Now there's a sitcom. "I Hate Pussy" starring Jim Parsons as The Husband. lol

Reactions: ItalTony9