Why do people block out their face in their pics?

B_quietguy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I am not famous (not like a household name), but I am well known in my profession. I go to professional conferences and people recognize me - or they see my name and associate my name with my publications.

When I post on LPSG, I want to talk about private topics, and not have that affect my professional career. As I see it, my colleagues don't need to know that I log onto LPSG now and then, and you folks likely don't interact with me professionally. I prefer to remain anonymous for now, and will likely remain unnamed for as long as I keep my account here.

If other LPSG members want to post their personal name and contact info, I applaud them for their courage to be out. Or perhaps they just don't care who knows they pack lots of man meat. That's just not me.

Media
This is strictly a personal issues and I don't fault anyone for keeping that to themselves.

However I have complimented several men here on how attractive they are without ever seeing their faces, for me it's a matter of instinct. If they choose to send me a face pic that is entirely their discretion and greatly appreciated!

B_quietguy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Cannot comment on the genital picture, just not my thing. I have had my face, show up on a dating site...a few years ago and no it wasn't my profile it was attached to. Really freaked me out.

That would scare me too. Did you contact the dating site and ask them to remove the photo? Do you know if they banned the impostor or anything else like that?

sleazeball666

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
its pretty basic some are cautious for whatever reasons and some are fake as said a few posts back its all good cause we all know whats what haha..i have my face ..well one is a proof pic that monster wanted to see haha go figure..anyways i have a myspace account to keep in touch with buddies from the army and my face is there too so whatever..

ActionBuddy

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I am a very popular, straight, married, African-American, Democratic Party candidate for the Presidency, and I am just not comfortable posting my face pics with my cock pics here. I might get negative comments from my constituents. I don't want to give Clinton or McCain any ammo.

Onan

B_lilylabia

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Just the little thing of i can do without friends, family and co-workers who may stumble across the site not knowing it me and/or what my pussy looks like
I agree with this totally.

I'm not ashamed, but I believe people whose opinions could potentially be damaging would judge me differently if they recognized me and it could have a knock-on effect on my nearest and dearest; and I wouldn't want that.

Lily:theyareontome:

D_Tintagel_Demondong

Sexy Member
Media
I avoided showing any part of me for my first year here. I'm OK with it now. I don't mind showing my face. If friends or family find me here, I'd be a bit embrassed but not ashamed. If they don't understand this site then that's their problem.

That being said, I still don't like to send out pictures that have my cock and face in the same frame.

I don't want something like this to come back and bite me when I run for governor of California.

D_Prudence_Admonition_Drightits

Experimental Member
Media
I don't want my son to come to me one day and say, "Mom is that you?" Also, especially in the USA there is such a hang up on nudity; it could be the difference between being successful in your career and being blacked balled and never being able to find work. Negative news spreads like wildfire.

Just think what would you do if you saw your family physician's face on here with his cock, or a nurse that takes care of you?

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
So FEW people on the internet have ANY semblance of social skills, so remaining somewhat private is a means of protection against unwanted conversations, stalkers, etc.

Not to mention those in fits of picque who for reasons of retaliation would expose others's name rank serial number and pic to the scrutiny of those who could and would do them harm...

Calboner

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It's not (for me anyway) a matter of not wanting one's personal acquaintances to find out that one has a big dick, but of not wanting them to find out that one has posted pictures of one's big dick on the internet.

I am a very popular, straight, married, African-American, Democratic Party candidate for the Presidency, and I am just not comfortable posting my face pics with my cock pics here. I might get negative comments from my constituents. I don't want to give Clinton or McCain any ammo.

Onan

:biglaugh: Thank you, masked man, whoever you may be.

B_bjlover

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
In my opinion, it's a privacy issue but, I think once u get to know someone, it's cool to share face pixs...eyes are really important.