why do people go off on someone that is crabby?

B_Marius567

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
why do people go off on someone that is crabby? are they going to stop being crabby after you told them off? anyone that goes off on me for crabby i will never talk to them again.

D_Martin van Burden

Account Disabled
Media
As much as I like my friends, sometimes I'll go off on them if they're being unjustifiably rude or shrewd to me without any reason. In other cases, sometimes people just aren't aware of the signals they're putting out there. In those instances, it's not a matter of going off so much as it is checking in and seeing what's up with someone and how they're feeling.

That said, friends aren't supposed to get along 100% of the time. It would be too weird if it worked out that way. If I had a friend who was willing to end our friendship over one isolated dispute, then that friend probably wasn't worth having in the first place.

B_subgirrl

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
In my family, if someone is treating others badly because they themselves are in a bad mood, we usually say something along the lines of 'You might be in a bad mood, but there's no reason to take it out on me'. Or 'I know you're cranky because of . . ., but there's no reason to take it out on me'. The other person usually replies with 'I'm sorry. It's not your fault. I'm just cranky because of . . .'

It works well. No one walks away feeling upset.

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I am usually only cranky with people who I know care enough about me to not be put off, at least not take it personally; I never vent to strangers, and I am not given to fits of petulance.

People who burden others indiscriminately with their mood swings deserve the push-back.

The Dragon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
As much as I like my friends, sometimes I'll go off on them if they're being unjustifiably rude or shrewd to me without any reason. In other cases, sometimes people just aren't aware of the signals they're putting out there. In those instances, it's not a matter of going off so much as it is checking in and seeing what's up with someone and how they're feeling.

That said, friends aren't supposed to get along 100% of the time. It would be too weird if it worked out that way. If I had a friend who was willing to end our friendship over one isolated dispute, then that friend probably wasn't worth having in the first place.

Quoted for Truth.