why do people talk about others

tonedguy90

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Why do people change stories that have happened like chinese whispers. I am training to be a professional and i told 2 things to a collegue in confidence when i wanted to get something off my chest . Due to being bambarded with rediculous questions by an other collegue on my first day. Then to top it all off after 3 weeks the same collegue (bombarding me with questions that i havent learnt in training school). Told me that i shouldnt go into the field that im training in until my late 20s and to expect to get a crap job and work my way up. He also said that its alrite having new and fancy ideas ( which I have been trained in to improve consumer care). But this guy seems really old school and he doesnt seem to realise that the things i have implemented have really helped with clients.
Its amazing how you tell one person in confidence about a shit day and it gets back to the person thats made the day shit. Im not a bad worker i have had very good reviews in previous training areas . But this guy is really starting to make me feel low and knock my confidence.

haulthat

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
This is a question like "What is the meaning of life?". People talk because they can, and as unfortunate as it is they undoubtedly will. Be that as it may, I wouldn't let them knock your confidence. Self confidence is something that you should hold on your own. Others opinions are useful in many other ways, but not to make or break your own self confidence. Its natural to get frustrated by them from time to time, and this idea in general is much easier said than done... but its well worth the effort. Also, in the end... fuck both of them. If they have nothing better to do than give you shit the chances are they feel threatened by you so they just want to spread negativity. Take care man.

OhWiseOne

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Rule #1 - Never share personal info or thoughts with co-workers. Doesn't usually end well.

Rule #2 - If they are attacking you that probably means they are jealous

Rule #3 - People talk about others because they have nothing good to say about themselves.

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Can i suggest just persevere and get on with your personal and professional life matey
Think you will soon learn who are the trustworthy colleauges to unburden and relieve your professional woes with
all a part of learning i geuss, remember the guy who betrays your confidence is probably in a similar boat
ie learning, be it at your expense perhaps
You have enuf sense to avoid and not trust him huh?
Own personal experience been thru similar (ironically often with female/envy...sorry ladies.. as was in a male working in a WAS female dominated employment.
I also introduced innovative ideas etc, and boy did i suffer, i just smiled it off and that made them feel worse towards me, ha
bugger em, made me stronger in what i wanted to achieve for the clinets worked a treat in the end hah
Hang in there matey, you will eventually win thru i feel sure
enz.