Why do people want to go 'private'?

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by CommandoInTheBuff, Mar 5, 2012.

1. CommandoInTheBuff

CommandoInTheBuff Active Member

Albums:
    When I'm on cam, I enjoy a crowd, but there are always people who come on and as for your skype or messenger address.
    I understand if they want them so we can talk some other day, but then they ask for me to leave my crowd to go '1 on 1' with them. I don't get it.

I get that they don't want to be showing their goods to the random internet public, but why cant they show their stuff in skype while I still work it for the crowd?

They do that in the chat room here too. Yes you've found a way to view multiple cams, but do you have to talk to me also? And its normally pointless convo.

Lately I've been less nice and started rejecting people, every once in a while I have a nice chat with someone this way, but those are few and far apart.

Are you someone who does this? Why do you do it?

2. fun21

fun21 New Member

I enjoying chatting and talking dirty to the other person while we chat, without the delays of me or him having to respond to other people. Sometimes in group chat several people chatting diminishes the experience you have with one person. Also, I like when people show face, but only ever feel comfortable doing this one on one when we are both skyping.

3. D_Kitten_Kaboodle

D_Kitten_Kaboodle Account Disabled

I get private chat request CONTINUOUSLLY and it's such a drag. Many time from people I've never even spoken to before (and to me that's just rude). To me, Prvacy is for friends.... not "the making of friends".

I think it's b/c they want my full attention (which usually they don't get anyway)

Sometimes, I will totally get out of general chat and go one on one... but that is RARE and generally when I am trying to meet someone and need to get some cam verification on the guy. Or if it is one of my favorite cam guys ~~they know who they are. :wink:

I do not private chat with strangers.... Nor do I show my face to strangers...
    I also don't get in cars with strangers or take candy from strangers....:tongue::biggrin1:

One on one is for yahoo/skype/msn...

I have not completely figured out how all this works on this site. But it sure is a total turn off to get interrupted every 5 seconds with a Private Chat request.:frown1:

4. crescendo69

Gold Member

Who wants to leave this thread and chat in private?:biggrin1:

5. Joll

Gold Member

Albums:
    A lot of the time a pvt request is by accident, since it's right next to the button to get to ppl's profiles.

However, if the same person does it repeatedly, it's obviously deliberate. :p

6. The Dragon

The Dragon New Member

Doesn't putting someone on block stop that brand of monkey shine?

7. redz_rule

Gold Member

IIRC, I think you can disable private chat requests completely so that every request is auto-rejected. I inadvertently upset a couple of friends by doing this though, because I didn't know they had requested a private chat and they thought I had received the request and declined without saying anything...

8. Joll

Gold Member

Albums:
    Hopefully. :p Altho u need to block em every time you go in the room. :/

Draft saved Draft deleted