Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Blackadder: Tell me, do you ever stop bullying and shouting at the lower orders?

Wellington: (Shouting) Never! There's only one way to win a campaign: shout, shout and shout again!

Blackadder: You don't think then that inspired leadership and tactical ability have anything to do with it?

Wellington: (Shouting) No! It's all down to shouting. WAAGGHH!

ronin001

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Cammer
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
From Married with Children TV show

"when Alexander Graham Bell took out a patent for the telephone, Amadeus Bundy tried to get A patent for shouting as a cheaper alternative "

Calboner

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
From Married with Children TV show

"when Alexander Graham Bell took out a patent for the telephone, Amadeus Bundy tried to get A patent for shouting as a cheaper alternative "
:rofl: Al Bundy is my hero. Here he is, singing to himself as he tends his vegetable garden.

FuzzyKen

Expert Member
Media
I taught music at one time. When one works in that field you do your "torture time" working and selling musical instruments, teaching and having gatherings for amateur musicians. I was there when an older fellow in his 70's sat down to make music on a very expensive electronic organ. One of the other teachers and I who knew the nice gentleman and he truly was, quietly made the remark: "I have never seen or heard a performer who plays wrong notes and incorrect meter with such astounding authority!" It really was such a descriptive and accurate assessment.

monel

Sexy Member
Media
Ask the liberal media.

Ahhh. The battle cry of the mindless drones who prefer to let others tell them what to think and then believe they are knowlegeable and intelligent because they can throw out meaningless buzz words like "liberal media" as a blanket response to every social and political ill.

upone

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
because they dont know how little they know.

I don't know whether this thread was started in jest, but that really is the reason. It's called the Dunning-Kruger Effect, and belongs to that group of mental oddities called "cognitive biases".

Dunning

The best example of a recent public figure was, of course, Rick Perry. Since he quit the campaign a couple of people who helped prep him for the debates have mentioned that they had great difficulty convincing him that his responses came across as stupid. He thought his performance had been brilliant.

Charles Darwin had noticed the same thing when he wrote that he had noticed an inverse relationship between intelligence and certainty.

I have this on a magnet on my fridge. I bought it because it's so true!