Why Do Pregnant Women...?

Prettiboi

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Why do pregnant women no longer wear maternity clothes?

I see women wearing shirts like this
a78786f94ea2a04de5c16eddffd1e0af

bW5rcH2tDqc6VMh2Ccv38g-1200-80.jpg

Growing up I saw women wearing maternity clothes like
maternity_clothes_reading_my_tea_leaves_IMG_4071.jpg

Hf6a44871544b454997a59243362a6441Q.jpg

Is it considered old school to wear maternity clothes or do women just want to show off their bump?

D

deleted848353

They wear what's comfortable for them especially if they are going to a doctors appointment for a scan as it's easier to have it done thou not sure why it matters to you unless ur afraid of a woman having her bump on show at times

Scarletbegonia

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
Oh, is biology offending you?

Given I see young women in midriff-baring tops most of the year, it doesn’t surprise me that they use the same tops when expecting. Plus, it’s less new wardrobe to buy.
When I was a young mom, 23 to 27, henna art was taking off in America. I saw beautiful work on very pregnant bellies.
Me? I had two very stretchy skirts and two pairs of 501 button fly jeans (you run a lace to allow more room for the baby belly) and several long tunic tops.
My dress is modest by nature.
@Experiment_626 raises a good point. Lifting a dress feels far more exposing than lifting a shirt in the doc’s.

Prettiboi

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
They wear what's comfortable for them especially if they are going to a doctors appointment for a scan as it's easier to have it done thou not sure why it matters to you unless ur afraid of a woman having her bump on show at times

I didn't say that it mattered to me I was simply asking a question.

Fuck you.

Tis all.

Fuck you too.

Oh, is biology offending you?

Given I see young women in midriff-baring tops most of the year, it doesn’t surprise me that they use the same tops when expecting. Plus, it’s less new wardrobe to buy.
When I was a young mom, 23 to 27, henna art was taking off in America. I saw beautiful work on very pregnant bellies.
Me? I had two very stretchy skirts and two pairs of 501 button fly jeans (you run a lace to allow more room for the baby belly) and several long tunic tops.
My dress is modest by nature.
@Experiment_626 raises a good point. Lifting a dress feels far more exposing than lifting a shirt in the doc’s.

No it's not offending me. I was just curios to know.

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
I didn't say that it mattered to me I was simply asking a question.

Fuck you too.

No it's not offending me. I was just curios to know.

You were just curious, why not ask someone you know. Asking here is fucking stupid and I'm guessing you know that by now.

Scarletbegonia

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
Let’s break down the photos.
I went to the attorney web site and didn’t find this image. I also didn’t dig deep. But, I’m questing it’s a pregnancy discrimination aspect of the practice.
Second pic, woman doing yoga. All bellies show at some point in yoga. Likely, the image was to illustrate prenatal yoga (or massage...I can see some places I’ve worked using such a shot).
So they are photos that need to scream “pregnant.”

the knocked up young women around my area tend to yoga pants and baggy shirts. And cigarettes/ my vapes, but I digress.

the last shots, of the dresses are also marketing. So they are on the market. I would guess women working while pregnant wear dresses as well as maternity pants.

Reactions: Enid and Prettiboi

Prettiboi

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
You were just curious, why not ask someone you know. Asking here is fucking stupid and I'm guessing you know that by now.

You're assuming that I haven't asked someone I know. It's stupid to ask women something in the Ask a Woman section. Ummmm yeah. The point is to get answers from women I don't know. Most women I know don't dress this way. I do see women in public the way I showed in the post.

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Women are different today. Economical realities have changed. Fashions have changed. How pregnant bodies are perceived by society has changed. The world of the 50s-70s no longer exists.

The pregnancy illustrated in your examples were middle and up class women. Most did not work. They had disposable income to buy an entire wardrobe for three months of wear. There were also insanity social restrictions placed on pregnant people.

Ladies now days work. Most through their entire pregnancy. Todays fashions lean toward athleisure styles, those fabric are extremely forgiving and comfortable. So some maternity clothes are not so hideously obvious.

My mom has an old pair of pregger pants her sister passed down to her when she was pudgy with me. The most unattractively cut jeans, with a flesh toned belly pouch. My mom said thank. Promptly hid them in a closet and continued to push her bottoms under her bump.

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm not seeing anything different in those pictures that I didn't wear at some time during my pregnancy. Like someone said, I'd always wear a pull up top going in for a checkup. The first two pictures are very practical for scans.

And honestly, I'd pull up my shirt quite often just to rub or scratch my belly. That shit itches.

And I wore maternity pants sometimes, but I was 18 and poor. So they were second hand. I wore whatever fit.

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
You're assuming that I haven't asked someone I know. It's stupid to ask women something in the Ask a Woman section. Ummmm yeah. The point is to get answers from women I don't know. Most women I know don't dress this way. I do see women in public the way I showed in the post.

You don't know the women here, and don't know strangers and the experience they may have.

I was large enough to be in some of your stupid example pics when my daughter died inside me. Thanks for the fucking reminder, you thoroughly random fucker who clearly has no fucking idea how invasive this question is.

Like I said, fuck you and ever ignorant asshole like you who doesn't understand how to fuck the actual fuck off the first time.

Reactions: Enid

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
Before she died, I wore what fit and was fucking comfortable. I had to work, so I didn't show her off the way I wanted to. I never got to show her off to any one in any way. The only person who saw her face other than me was her father and the doctor who confirmed that she had died. Flaunting the bump is indescribable. That feeling haunts me.

Women who flaunt their bump kill me inside, but I thoroughly understand why they do it, and FUCK ANYONE who judges them for being happy. I was happy. So I get it. I just look away when I see a flaunted baby bump. And I say FUCK YOU to people who need to be told, FUCK YOU

Reactions: Enid

Holly Doors

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
with my three pregnancies I was enormous especially the first two, I just wore whatever was most practical and comfortable. In hot weather why should we cover up when we're uncomfortable enough anyway, I don't recall one single person express their feelings about my enormous pregnant bumps. I'd also imagine that maybe fashion has a part to play with some young mums but for me it was whatever was comfortable, a lot of the time I actually wore my husband's shirts.

Scarletbegonia

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
I get why womens fashion would be asked here.
It’s shallow, but have you looked out into the rest of the site? Shallow!

I think male posters and readers learn that blanket statements are going to be shredded.
We all have our pain points, too, those posts that poke a tender, injured space.
Some days I am good about avoiding, or, like this thread, thinking and adding.
Others? Not so much.
We read intention into posts. We want that obviousness we get in audio and visual communication.
But we never will in a forum.

All I had to go on was “someone thinks appearance and ‘boi-ness’ is his best attribute here.”
That suggested to me that the OP is very concerned about appearances.
Now, why would a mostly gay dude give a twaddle about what women wear, especially looks driven by reproduction, unless there was something of a judgement in the question?

If I asked in AASM, why gym rats wear armpit exposing clothes outside of the gym, aren’t I likely coming from a place where I think it’s unattractive, as far as the readers go?

Assuming women have to act or dress a certain way because of age or health status, won’t go over well here.
I’ve laid into ageist crap, hair length and body hair.
And I’ll continue to do so.

Candela

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Why do pregnant women no longer wear maternity clothes?

I see women wearing shirts like this
a78786f94ea2a04de5c16eddffd1e0af

bW5rcH2tDqc6VMh2Ccv38g-1200-80.jpg

Growing up I saw women wearing maternity clothes like
maternity_clothes_reading_my_tea_leaves_IMG_4071.jpg

Hf6a44871544b454997a59243362a6441Q.jpg

Is it considered old school to wear maternity clothes or do women just want to show off their bump?

I think its all beautiful showing bump or not, I think its what a lady prefers.
I am not understanding the angry responses for such a innocent question.

D

deleted924715

I wouldn't be caught dead in dresses like that under any circumstances.

I didn't show bare belly and I didn't wear ugly weird length dresses. But then I wouldn't usually.

The same question could be applied to many other items of clothing. I used to see guys wearing jeans halfway down their arses everywhere, now lots of guys are wearing jeans that look sprayed on. Times change.

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
I am not understanding the angry responses for such a innocent question.

I don't understand how you wouldn't understand.

You know that some women experience pregnancy differently, and some have a very hard time getting pregnant at all. This isn't a question for strangers to ask random women online without expecting some backlash.

It may be an innocent question to many, for me it reopens the most painful experience of my life, physically and emotionally.

Maybe, just maybe... After seeing how much it hurts this random stranger he won't ask invasive questions like that to other women he doesn't know in the future.