Why do short girls demand tall guys?

LemacST

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I don't understand why relatively short girls have such a fascination with tall men. I understand why a woman of 5'10 stature may want to be with a taller guy, but I don't get why a girl who's like 5'0 (or barely over it) would claim she only likes dating men over 6 feet (because I have heard and experienced this). I am over 6 feet tall so it's not like I'm asking this with a jelous overtone, I just really don't understand it. I also just think it sounds very dumb and shallow when a girl the size of my left testicle finds my height appealing and says that she wouldn't want to date a guy shorter than me. I can't exactly complain, but I just kind of feel for the shorter guys out there. If you've seen me around the boards you'd know that my endowment is average, so I know how it feels to be blindly "weeded out" in a sense by statements like this. Eitherway, I still don't understand why a girl that's like under 5'5 would not be satisfied with a guy of average height (like 5'10).

kaczynski66

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I feel ya man, I'm only 5'8 so I definately get discarded by girls like that. I think alot of girls just like tall guys, whether they are short or tall themeslves. Some girls don't really care, but I hear all the time from girls that they like tall guys and I've never ever ever heard any girl say specifically that she likes men who are short. You're lucky to be tall, even if you're average girls are more likely to assume that you've got a big one :rolleyes:

danerain

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I don't understand why relatively short girls have such a fascination with tall men. I understand why a woman of 5'10 stature may want to be with a taller guy, but I don't get why a girl who's like 5'0 (or barely over it) would claim she only likes dating men over 6 feet (because I have heard and experienced this). I am over 6 feet tall so it's not like I'm asking this with a jelous overtone, I just really don't understand it. I also just think it sounds very dumb and shallow when a girl the size of my left testicle finds my height appealing and says that she wouldn't want to date a guy shorter than me. I can't exactly complain, but I just kind of feel for the shorter guys out there. If you've seen me around the boards you'd know that my endowment is average, so I know how it feels to be blindly "weeded out" in a sense by statements like this. Eitherway, I still don't understand why a girl that's like under 5'5 would not be satisfied with a guy of average height (like 5'10).

They want to have avg size kids. I'm 5'6-5'7, avg is 5'9 for a man. I'm usually attracted to taller women, possibly because I want my kids to be taller than I am. America loves tall people, simple as that.

LemacST

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I feel ya man, I'm only 5'8 so I definately get discarded by girls like that. I think alot of girls just like tall guys, whether they are short or tall themeslves. Some girls don't really care, but I hear all the time from girls that they like tall guys and I've never ever ever heard any girl say specifically that she likes men who are short. You're lucky to be tall, even if you're average girls are more likely to assume that you've got a big one :rolleyes:
lol, yeah but mine is 6 1/2", which is slightly bigger than the standard "average" but still, on my body it looks just average and it really obviously isn't big enough to be considered "big". That's the disadvantage kind of, I fear girls expect me to have a "big one" because I'm 6'1. Then again, seems like most girls know that size has nothing to do with height and I wouldn't want to deal with a girl stupid and shallow enough to expect me to be packing like an 8" because I'm a few inches taller than the avg. guy:rolleyes:

millionman

Legendary Member
Media
I think we all fall to some sort of "preference" in the height department. Growing up I chose to date girls who fell between 5'3" and 4'11", but the two girls I've been serious about were both taller than 5'6". That's a big difference in height, and as of recently I've gotten to fancy a girl who is almost as tall as I am at 5'10".

As far as a woman's preference goes I think that some women associate height with large hands, feet, penis, and possibly virility. It can also be said that sometimes things like this just don't have a rhyme or a reason.

B_dxjnorto

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Good question. I've wondered this too. When I posed the question to a girl at work she responded that tall and big guys' hugs are all-encompassing.

It may go along with the desire of some women (and some men) to be physically and/or sexually dominated sometimes.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
They want to have avg size kids. I'm 5'6-5'7, avg is 5'9 for a man. I'm usually attracted to taller women, possibly because I want my kids to be taller than I am. America loves tall people, simple as that.
Yes, I quite agree.

When I posed the question to a girl at work she responded that tall and big guys' hugs are all-encompassing.
True, but if thats what she's after then tall and lanky is not the same kind of hug experience.

At 5'8" I like to wear high heels and have always been more comfortable with men at least 6' tall. My mom on the other hand is 5'3" and my dad is 6'2". She turned down a marriage proposal from a guy in college because he wasn't tall enough. :eek: :confused: I maintain there had to be other reasons; but she swears he was perfect except for being only 5'8".

My mom worships at the altar of tall. When she was pregnant she prayed that if it was a girl we'd be at least 5'7" and if a boy at least 6'. FYI: She gave birth to two girls, both of us were 5'7" by age 14. I often joke she should have prayed for daughters with big boobs :tongue: :rolleyes:

B_Think_Kink

Sexy Member
Media
I'm 5'6 on a good day, and personally I find shorter guys more attractive generally. But my current sex buddy is 6'5... which leads to some intresting positions, even during things such as hugging... Maybe it is because people are under the impression that tall guys have larger cocks...

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm 5ft 2 and I've always loved being this height, just tall enough I'm not a munchkin but short enough to fit into the 'dainty' class.

Why is it any more shallow liking tall guys than liking smart guys, we all have our personal preferences and it's no one's business to be deciding which preferences fit into a 'shallow' zone and which don't.

For me it's the differences between sexes that make them interesting, I feel women should be small, curvy, feminine, guys big, hairier and harder. I wouldn't discount a guy of 5ft 5/6/7 but my preference is for someone 6ft or over.

snoozan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'm not a big fan of men over about 6'. I'm 5'9" and I hate having to contort myself in an upward direction to hug or kiss my man. I prefer being right about the same height as my partner, so anywhere from 5'7" to 6' works great for me. I've dated really short men and they have made me feel like a monster-- I don't like the feeling that I can pick him up and throw him around like a rag doll. There's just something about being able to look someone straight in the eye while you're standing that I absolutely love.

B_Kshelby67

1st Like
Media
I'm 5'0 (and a whole half inch), and I tend to not really be attracted to guys over 6'0. All the serious boyfriends I have had fell in the range of 5'6- 5'11. Guys that are too tall usually seem so awkward in their skin. I dunno. I guess it is personal perference.

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I've dated my share of short women (the last girl I had over here was actually 4'11"/151 cm)... but I've also known quite a few that would not consider dating me because I was too tall. I've lost track of how many times I've been told it would be too difficult to kiss me or dance with me or that we would look weird walking next to each other because I am 6'6"/198 cm.

p.s. Kshelby.. you just broke my heart

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm 5' 2.5" and I tend to be attracted to tall, lanky guys but actually get more of the tall, stocky ones. But shorter guys are fine too.

I've been known to say (to my CLOSE friends who know of my "preference"...) I like height, but height is not as important as length and width. :tongue:

LemacST

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm 5' 2.5" and I tend to be attracted to tall, lanky guys but actually get more of the tall, stocky ones. But shorter guys are fine too.

I've been known to say (to my CLOSE friends who know of my "preference"...) I like height, but height is not as important as length and width. :tongue:
I am kinda tall and lanky.

tibo90

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It's funny but smaller girls loves standing next to me and they say to their girlfriend: " How cool do we look like together?", and there is 13-15 inch between our height:)
Maybe it's good for the girls too, beacause they feel themselves in safe next to a "tower".
They also like my big hands (I don't know why...I find it funny also when girls try to compare there hands to mine and there whole hands are not much bigger then my palm:)
But honestly I'm 6'6" and I think naturally attracted to taller women...so now I'm in heaven with my 6ft tall girlfriend.:tongue:

Serial Kisser

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

Why does anyone have any preference about the person he/she dates? Because they do. If it doesn't affect you, why do you care? I'm 5'2'', I like a taller man because he makes me feel more secure, and as a curvy girl, a bigger guy makes me feel smaller. A smaller guy - short and slim - makes me feel absolutely huge.

And as far as the bolded part, that's just a plain ignorant and rude statement. Having preferences is not shallow.