Why do so many guys shave their pubes?

Auggiecakes

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Surrender to the smooth side!!!

Body hair is a sign of physical maturity. the obsession with youth that people have is borderline creepy, when I see your naked body I want to see a grown man. Not someone who is prepubescent.

Auggiecakes

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Same reason you cut your hair.... as simple as that. Fashion, trend, cleanliness, etc.

I never understood why people use cleanliness as a reason. They use the same excuse for Circumcision. Do y’all not like take showers daily? Wear clean underwear? If we were asking this question 200 years ago I might understand but we have indoor plumbing. How can having no pubic hair make you more clean if you shower daily?

I personally don’t like smooth guys because sure they might say it makes their dick look bigger but then your balls looks small and I don’t like seeing razor burn.

NicholasSommerby

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Haha, I feel like echoing my earlier statement:

For many it's a size thing. Some say it looks bigger for both that person and for the others that see it. I've never really cared enough to pay attention that closely, really. I've tried it once out of curiosity, and it wasn't for me. I've thought about trimming, but I never really cared enough to go through with it.

Gay guys can be picky about it though, I've noticed. I've been asked by guys why I don't shave or trim, and as mentioned in the other thread, I know some even get stimulation from the idea of shaving their partner's pubes (which is a bit weird to me, but to each their own I guess).

aliuel

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
As a hairy guy (and lover of hairy guys) ive often wondered this.

The one explanation that makes no sense to me is the making your dick look bigger reason. If you have a penis that is small enough that this is an issue, then shaving will just make you look like a guy with a small cock and no pubic hair either. I know, because my flaccid cock is tiny, and I shaved it once - it just made me look like I was pre-pubescent, ugh. Much happier with my huge bush, even if my cock is rather ‘lost in the forest’

TheTempleOfEros

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
To each their own, but my preference for clean-shaved cocks and pubes relates to the bodybuilding aesthetic. With small posing suits, you can't afford to be anything less than fully shaved. Plus, being fully shaved makes it easier to do pumping, and to not get hairs stuck in ball weights, cock stretching devices, and other 'training aids'. :)

Rebelx

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I shave my pubes because it's a preference of mine. I like for my cock to look neat and tidy. Plus when you shave your pubes you have more to show off. Before I get my dick sucked I make sure my cock's pubic hair is at least trimmed as close to the skin as possible. I don't want pubic hair in my partner's mouth when they are blowing my cock. It's just common courtesy.

StuJr

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Body hair is a sign of physical maturity. the obsession with youth that people have is borderline creepy, when I see your naked body I want to see a grown man. Not someone who is prepubescent.
I agree that I like to see some pubic hair because that’s what a man has. Shaved looks odd to me. Trimmed is fine, but I don’t like the smooth all over look.

Bull9in

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Well, to each his own. I don't think it has much to do with youth-based obsession...certainly not for me...but more an artistic, tactical, or functional aesthetic. I like the look of smooth skin, and all of the flowing muscles underneath. I prefer smooth-chested guys. If a guy wants to go the full Monty and shave, wax, or laser his pubes, I'm good with that. I like feeling skin more than hair, so why should that area be any different? I can certainly enjoy the many other signs of physical maturity without the hair to tip me off.

And come to think of it, lots of guys, as they age, grow thickets of hair in their ears, too. I would prefer my mate get rid of those as well. Unless you're a Fennec fox, it's a sign of physical maturity we can surely do without.

logy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I usually trim down to about 1/2 inch and shave the balls entirely. Most guys I know seem to really enjoy that (though, few get to first hand ;) lol)

But as most of the posts here have said: It is all choice and personal opinion and guys picking up on trends...

I do it cos I know I find almost nothing less attractive than having to stop giving a bj cos there are pubes caught between my teeth that won't go away...

purepilot73

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I have shaved it all in the past but now I only shave the balls and trim the bush. However, more than once, I have trimmed too far, then try to “even it up” and eventually just shaved it all to avoid having a soul patch down there.

herbho

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I will confess that I shave mine for purely cosmetic reasons. I have an unattractive pubic hair growth. The hairs are so thin, scattered and clumped that it looks like I have mange or something. It repelled me. So, for aesthetic reasons. I shave it clean. It looks a bit strange, but it doesn't make me look at my pubic area and go," Yuck!"