Why do so many guys shave their pubes?

Auggiecakes

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Same reason you cut your hair.... as simple as that. Fashion, trend, cleanliness, etc.

I never understood why people use cleanliness as a reason. They use the same excuse for Circumcision. Do y’all not like take showers daily? Wear clean underwear? If we were asking this question 200 years ago I might understand but we have indoor plumbing. How can having no pubic hair make you more clean if you shower daily?

I personally don’t like smooth guys because sure they might say it makes their dick look bigger but then your balls looks small and I don’t like seeing razor burn.

Bull9in

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I never understood why people use cleanliness as a reason. They use the same excuse for Circumcision. Do y’all not like take showers daily? Wear clean underwear? If we were asking this question 200 years ago I might understand but we have indoor plumbing. How can having no pubic hair make you more clean if you shower daily?

I personally don’t like smooth guys because sure they might say it makes their dick look bigger but then your balls looks small and I don’t like seeing razor burn.
That's why you gotta laser it off!! No stubble, no razor burn! ;)

Auggiecakes

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Surrender to the smooth side!!!

Body hair is a sign of physical maturity. the obsession with youth that people have is borderline creepy, when I see your naked body I want to see a grown man. Not someone who is prepubescent.

StuJr

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Body hair is a sign of physical maturity. the obsession with youth that people have is borderline creepy, when I see your naked body I want to see a grown man. Not someone who is prepubescent.
I agree that I like to see some pubic hair because that’s what a man has. Shaved looks odd to me. Trimmed is fine, but I don’t like the smooth all over look.

TrueB2

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
While I understand your point, I trim/shave my pubic hair because I have never grown facial hair, and i'm 22. I think it would be weird to be hairless everywhere except one area (not counting hair on my head), personally.

Reactions: Reglee and Bull9in

herbho

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I will confess that I shave mine for purely cosmetic reasons. I have an unattractive pubic hair growth. The hairs are so thin, scattered and clumped that it looks like I have mange or something. It repelled me. So, for aesthetic reasons. I shave it clean. It looks a bit strange, but it doesn't make me look at my pubic area and go," Yuck!"

Bull9in

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Well, to each his own. I don't think it has much to do with youth-based obsession...certainly not for me...but more an artistic, tactical, or functional aesthetic. I like the look of smooth skin, and all of the flowing muscles underneath. I prefer smooth-chested guys. If a guy wants to go the full Monty and shave, wax, or laser his pubes, I'm good with that. I like feeling skin more than hair, so why should that area be any different? I can certainly enjoy the many other signs of physical maturity without the hair to tip me off.

And come to think of it, lots of guys, as they age, grow thickets of hair in their ears, too. I would prefer my mate get rid of those as well. Unless you're a Fennec fox, it's a sign of physical maturity we can surely do without.

I confess I've always liked hairy guys. I'm just past the age where shaving was common. I could tell a few of my buds trimmed. I noticed a trend there for a while where I saw a lot of shaved guys then it just went back to trimmed.

As for me, I typically don't do anything and just follow the request of the person I'm sleeping with. I am not a hairy person at all, none on my chest or back so I'm not overly hairy in my pubic region. My current boyfriend isn't a very hairy person either and is natural himself. I did date one guy for a bit who wanted me to be totally shaved like him so I let him shave me a couple of times but honestly I thought it looked a little weird.

To each their own as far as that goes. Personally I prefer to see hair on a man.

tnman

SIR Daddy
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Uber hairy here, I start at the taint and shave upwards, inside the creases of my legs, throw the boys in and shave the shaft, and lift the pubes about a 1/4 inch above the shaft, nothing else is shaved or trimmed anymore, on another note I shaved every hair on my body a few years back from the top of my head to the top of my feet, BIG mistake! I thought it would never grow back, and I thought I looked like shit, im a bear, and I just need to stay that way, but nothing like the feel of being sucked off or haveing the boys sucked when they are hairless, makes a huge differnce to me

aliuel

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
As a hairy guy (and lover of hairy guys) ive often wondered this.

The one explanation that makes no sense to me is the making your dick look bigger reason. If you have a penis that is small enough that this is an issue, then shaving will just make you look like a guy with a small cock and no pubic hair either. I know, because my flaccid cock is tiny, and I shaved it once - it just made me look like I was pre-pubescent, ugh. Much happier with my huge bush, even if my cock is rather ‘lost in the forest’

The worst is when men of certain ethnicities who are notoriously hairy - Latino and Arab men - shave. Like first of all Ahmed/Pedro, I know it took you all day to shave/wax that shit off and it’ll only grow back in an hour. Please just stop. Trust you look better with the hair.