Why do so many people hate California?

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I don't know. I still consider California The Best Coast. Someone once asked me if I worked for the California Chamber of Commerce. I think most of it is lack of understanding. What alway amazes me when people say they hate California and have never visited.

This is where I grew up....
trancas beach malibu - Google Maps

suprdave

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Because they appear to know whats best for the rest of the country, cali is responsible for so many stupid laws its crazy. i bet if you took a deep breath it would cause cancer in laboratory animals. Maybe they should be heavily fined when those forest fires blow hazardous smoke across the country, i bet they would want to if some other states smoke went their way. There is so much money wasted in this country on so many things and some people from cali. are responsible for it all. i could go on and on but i feel the people from cali would be able to answer that question best, so jealous of the land, yes, the people, well some, huh no way.

SR_Dee_Zasther

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Because they appear to know whats best for the rest of the country, cali is responsible for so many stupid laws its crazy. i bet if you took a deep breath it would cause cancer in laboratory animals. Maybe they should be heavily fined when those forest fires blow hazardous smoke across the country, i bet they would want to if some other states smoke went their way. There is so much money wasted in this country on so many things and some people from cali. are responsible for it all. i could go on and on but i feel the people from cali would be able to answer that question best, so jealous of the land, yes, the people, well some, huh no way.

I don't see any actual examples here, and regardless, I think if we're going with the "stupid laws states pass and try to tell the rest of the country to pass" topic I think the mid-west and south are going to win that one right now, just google women's health laws passed in the past year:p

So yeah, I still think it's jealousy:biggrin1:

monel

Sexy Member
Media
Because it'll make the separation anxiety easier to handle when the big one hits and tbe whole State disappears into the Pacific.

Last edited:

fluoro

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I don't know. I still consider California The Best Coast. Someone once asked me if I worked for the California Chamber of Commerce. I think most of it is lack of understanding. What alway amazes me when people say they hate California and have never visited.

I've only been once for 2 weeks, but Big Sur and Point Reyes were incredible… I'm sure you could spend a lifetime exploring California.

witch

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
don't hate me because I'm ..........ah ? ............hum ? .......er ?...... well don't hate me, please

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I think it's my favorite state. The politics are weird the way the populous repeatedly shoots themselves in the foot with those propositions, but the landscapes and the weather are just fabulous. LA may be easy to hate but I can't judge the whole State by it. San Francisco is the second coolest big city in the USA IMO.

SR_Dee_Zasther

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
No Response
As a Californian, I'll point out we all hate the Prop system too. But corporations and PAC's love it, because if you throw enough money at it you can harass enough people to put anything on the ballot. Though without california, there probably wouldn't be TMZ, so I understand if that's the root of someone's hate for us, frankly I hate myself a little for that:p

D_bgnib7gyo

Just Browsing
Media
Because of their idiotic politics... I mean come on now....San Fransicko has the most idiotic mayor and city council I've ever seen or heard of...pretty indicative of the populace there...liberalism run amok. It's why I left. It is really sad. San Fransisco used to be a nice place to live.

Last edited:

OhWiseOne

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Been there a few times, actually San Fran and it is a wonderful place so many things to see. Would I live there? No, but that is just me not a reflection on the state. Took a couple days during my visits to drive along the coast, through the redwoods. Ummm I would avoid the San Fran Warf unless it's changed. I only add this because of the sea lion poo poo.....:redface:

One more note to make. I met a wonderful person that lives in them parts out yonder. :smile:

Phil Ayesho

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Why do so many people hate California? | Politics Blog | an SFGate.com blog

California least popular state among all Americans polled. Even New Jersey was hated less.

Thoughts?...

jealous pussies who can't figure out a way to make a living here.

I've lived other places, but came back here because everyplace else sucked ass.

The shittiest part of Downtown San Diego looks like the garden spots of Chicago and New York.
Except, of course, San Diego is sunny, and those other armpits are most often cloudy... and polluted.

Best weather, Mountains tumbling into the sea, Sierras, Largest food producer, larger economy than all but the seven largest NATIONS...
Redwoods, fabulous sinsemilla, San Francisco- the most cosmopolitan City in the US- Surfing, Skiing ( both water and snow )

Just like misogynists... Folks hate what they can't obtain

I heard it's cause when you book in to a hotel there.....you caint never ever leave.

Eagles fans..think you'll like this clip of the old guys :)
http://youtu.be/5P6y4H8GSMI

Last edited by a moderator:

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I don't hate California - I've met some wonderful people there. I really enjoy San Fransisco & San Diego. Even LA has it's allure. Then again, I'm from the land of ice & snow - so what the hell do I know! :smile:

Hoss

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I don't hate california I feel bad for them because I know 1 day a big earthquake will cause them to break off from the mainland and sink into the sea. It's a big state with parts to like and parts not to like.