Why do some people have to hate on..

D_Rufus_D_Dufus

Account Disabled
Media
Being successful at a young age?

I've encountered it many times before here on LPSG (and out on the streets) where some people feel the need to put young men & women down and judging them so harshly.

I know jealousy is an issue but sometimes it seems deeper than that. I understand that the current economy isn't the best but should people stop living the way they do because someone else is financially unstable?

MercyfulFate

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
No idea what you're talking about, but usually the assumption is they were handed their money. Usually that is the case, because if you're 22 and rich, it's hard as hell to make it there on your own merit.

tulsabyla

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
People get jealous because they are angry at themselves for not getting out there, taking risks, and not following their dreams. its much easier for them to put someone down that it is to get out there and work for what they want.

Remington

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

I've encountered it many times before here on LPSG (and out on the streets) where some people feel the need to put young men & women down and judging them so harshly.

I know jealousy is an issue but sometimes it seems deeper than that. I understand that the current economy isn't the best but should people stop living the way they do because someone else is financially unstable?

Insecurity. That simple.

It's much easier to hate on someone that's actually doing something with their life, than to take action and make something of one's self.

Personally, whenever I see someone who is successful (financially or otherwise) at any age, it encourages me to work that much harder at my goals. Whatever they may be.

The whole "hating" nonsense is just a waste of time and energy.

Unfortunately, some people let their insecurities get the better of them, and must go out of their way to bring others down for an ego boost.

Speaking of which, I saw a license plate reading "HI H8R" on a SL63. Thought that was a funny way to respond to those types.

Attachments

Last edited:

92philip

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
I agree with zrr6zrr6, it is totally ridiculous to be jealous. And I am not offended if someone wants to live extravagantly if they can afford it. And who cares if the money was handed down to them, does that make them any less deserving. They could be a great person who deserves that money. Who knows, maybe there parents died when they were young and left them something. You don't know the situation. So lay off rich people, being rich is not a crime, or even a moral dilemma.

EdWoody

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Are you sure you don't lord it over them? If you can be certain you're not flaunting in their faces, then yes, it's probably just jealousy. But being richer and more successful than other people can sometimes make a person act like they're better than those other people, even if it's unintentional.

As long as you're not deliberately flaunting your wealth, then don't worry about it. If you are, well then... stop it.

D_Hanky Philler

Account Disabled
Media
I think it's a mixed feeling of jealousy and what MercyfulFate said.

Sometimes i do envy people but then i realize that not everyone's life is as glamorous as they make it appear.

I've worked hard for what i have accomplished and that makes me feel good.

and I don't believe anyone who says they have never been jealous of someone's success.

B_JenniTalia

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
This is not really a select issue. "Hating" in this sense is analogous to disliking someone because they are endowed, charming, attractive, intelligent, and so on.

So long as the reaction is without provocation, it is a good indication that the person is trying to justify why you possess something they do not, and ameliorate the concept.

A person might be youthful and affluent, but if they are an arrogant asshole and had everything dropped in their lap, that is not nearly as bad to come to grips with. It helps devalue the person with greater perceived social status or worth.

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I don't begrudge a young person their success. I've seen driven young people become successful and been impressed with their ability to know what they want and achieve it at such a young age.

I will admit to getting frustrated with the wealthy young who have done nothing to earn their expensive cars, clothes and vacations. I have one such person working for me. There is no way to motivate this person into doing a good job. There is no drive, no ambition, no fear of losing their job, no fear of failure. The money they make is pocket change - mommy & daddy make the car payments, and pay for the vacations and everything else. This person looks successful, and has all the toys to prove it. This person has at least a dozen other people in their social circle in the same situation. Most have "jobs" in their family business that are mostly titles with no reponsibility. Money for nothing.

Am I envious? No. Well, I do wish I had their money sure. But I take far too much joy out of what I do and my accomplishments. I guess I do have a bit of a "Hate on" for the rich, vacuous kids.

D_Pokin Joe Frazier

Experimental Member
Media
I think you should be happy for everybody there is no reason to hate on a person no matter how they got their stuff just be happy for them. An if your not happy with what you have help those around you get what they want an you will get what you want.

Phil Ayesho

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Well... let's not overlook that people who are successful at a very young age often exhibit a profound level of arrogance and entitlement.
They imagine they are the smartest, most industrious, most talented people, ever... and they seldom recognize how much of their success is due to dumb luck, personal advantage, connections or other good fortune that they, personally, had nothing to do with.

In fact, most spectacular mistakes made by those successful in their first venture center around their own assumptions of how smart or capable they are. I have seen 60 million dollar companies fall to 3 million dollar embarrassments simply because the guy who started it all assumed he was the smartest guy in the room. That his success was proof that he understood the world, or even his business, better than anyone making less.

This kind of self centered arrogance is not becoming, and it grates on folks, especially folks who can see clearly how much of the rich and mighty's wealth comes from circumstance and privilege, rather than from any personal brilliance.
The Guy who Created MS-DOS was paid chump change for it by a Bill Gates who didn't let him know about his IBM deal. And the Girl at Microsoft who answered the phones became a millionaire...
Is that talent? Or Luck?

Usually, it takes a pretty hard fall to wake people up to the fact that much of success is simply happenstance, and persistence.

People who are building their second or even third success, after sobering setbacks, are always a lot more affable and balanced than those pissant youngsters who think they have a handle on the world.

People who are successful at a young age have a buzz that can be intoxicating, and insulting, to be around.

And to believe folk's negative reactions to you are all mere jealousy is just further evidence of the self absorption and obliviousness which often emanates from young guns on the upswing.

Maybe... just perhaps... you're acting like a self important asshole?

They will make better friends, and better citizens, after they have had their first big setback.

Last edited:

B_penispenispenis37

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Who cares what other people think about what you earn through hard work?

Yes obviously all success relies on the work of more than one person. You can see some of the people here act like the fact that your parents raised you well is some sort of unfair advantage. Like the only way to earn success is to struggle up from the lowest rung on the ladder, by yourself the entire time. These people often lack perspective on their own lives.

I would not worry.

Phil Ayesho

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
You can see some of the people here act like the fact that your parents raised you well is some sort of unfair advantage.

The advantages are not that your parents raised you well... People In the film industry have connections and contacts and networks of obligation and reciprocity that give their children an advantage in seeking film careers not shared by average folks and entirely unrelated to talent.
If your mom's a star, or your dad a director... you are not facing the same difficulty in getting a role as some kid whose parents are insurance salesmen in the midwest...

By the same token, people whose parents are upper middle class, or wealthy, have an inroad in the form of connections, but also access to means, access to better education, and even access to simple example of how, say, a company is run, or how a deal can be turned to your advantage.

You can not ignore these advantages is peoples success, because they factor more than intelligence and talent and even, luck.

The average CEO is not a brilliant person, they are not the most go getter... they are the guy who's dad's played golf with powerful people.

George Bush could never have risen to president without his father's legacy and connections...he could never have qualified for the school he attended, nor gotten out of the trouble he got into...

And that is true every step of the way.
Donald Trump is a functional moron. He is Rich because his daddy gave him both money and property to start with...

He did not turn that head start into something vast, Like Warren Buffet did... He has made and lost lots of money, over and over, thru luck and stupidity.

Successful people often look down on the poor as not being motivated enough or not being raised well... But that is bull... Many are raised very well, amid challenges the more fortunate have no conception of...
But if dad and mom, no matter how loving and supportive, don't know anybody other than other people in similar poor circumstances... there is no advantage in just being raised well.

People with money skew the entire world, even to the point of legislation, to the advantage of themselves and their offspring and their friends.

And most young people who are successful simply fail to recognize how much of what they achieve is due to the pure advantage of where they started out, at birth

Even more fail to recognize the element of dumb luck.

They guy who invented the PET rock thought we was a marketing genius.
NOT ONE other thing he ever did ever sold for shit.

Once more- a man's standing in the community is no better than what other people say about him behind his back.

Its not always jealousy ( tho that certainly happens)
If everyone not looking to make money from you thinks your a dick... maybe you're being a dick.

D_Percy_Prettywillie

Account Disabled
Media
Without provocation? Yes, people who dog on successful young people are likely harboring some sort of jealousy or unrestrained envy. Most people, however, are guarded enough against behaving that way specifically because everyone else knows that's what that sort of behavior is regarded as.

I'll likely never be super wealthy. I'll live very comfortably at the end, at most. However, I have a bunch of friends who are (or soon will be) at the top tier of income thanks to their careers. Doctors, lawyers, corporate officers, fashion models etc. Most of these people are so dedicated to whatever it is they're after they seldom flaunt their successes in a way that isn't easily digestible. There is one specific exception I'm going to cite.

This guy is a self made man. He started a company and sold it for a mass ton of money. He's 24 and is worth like thirty million dollars. He posts pictures on Facebook of his car, of his pool and his house, of his closet and of all the material things that are the mark of a wealthy person in a decidedly capitalist society. His status updates are always something to the effect "A new BWM before my flight to Tokyo? I THINK YES!" I'm not jealous of this person (at least not any more jealous than I am of Bill Gates or anyone else with a mass ton of disposable income) but I find his behavior... annoying. I get it- you're fucking loaded and your life rocks.

Flaunting wealth is what most people take exception to in this regard and I think that is more likely than people just coming out of the woodwork to openly hate on successful people under 30. Somewhere along the line they picked up on a superiority vibe which they use as the justification for their soured attitude. Consider that when opening topics that could easily be described as another billboard for your success; it's just like the guy who opens a thread "Why do girls hate my mega giant cock?"

JSZ

Last edited:

dlfellow

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

it's because they hate themselves for the mistakes they've made in life.it's all misplaced anger.your success just reminds them of that.
and hey..if people AIN'T hatin' on you....you ain't doin' it right!

B_Hung Jon

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I don't hang out with people who are jealous of young people's (or anyone's) wealth. What I've noticed is more an envy for other people's skills. For instance I surf, and I'm not the best surfer. The younger guys who are the most facile and coordinated get hated on by guys and women who are older...like in their 30s and 40s. Younger people have physical skills that older people have lost, so there's this huge competition going on for no reason. It's just human nature to me.

D_Rufus_D_Dufus

Account Disabled
Media
I just find it sad that someone can't be themselves without getting ridiculed for it and have to play yourself down.. especially with some of the threads on here such as:
what are you wearing?
what kind of car do you drive?
Where is your favorite restaurant?

Shouldn't someone be able to answer truthfully? or should they hide who they are?

tanstaafl16

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Well, here is my two cents.

I graduated into a terrible economy in NYC after 9/11 from a prestigious university in NYC.I had to accept a very low salary for my first job given the bad environment.

My cousin graduated from a much lesser known university in "middle of nowhere" MA where she was an all American division 2 or 3 in soccer. She had much more success than me given she went to work for the company her dad worked for as he had all the connections there. She knew she would have no issue getting promoted as all the people he promoted would in turn promote her. I feel like she didn't have to earn anything, but I had to earn it. I am still trying to catch up.

I was trying to have success in a competitive industry in NYC by myself with NO HELP or already established connections. Obviously I am not earning as much as her. She is way ahead and will never have to deal with a layoff.