why do some straight men lose there lose their inhibitions at the bar?

coolduder

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
why do some straight men lose there lose their inhibitions at the bar? I have notice when iam at a bar alone and been drinking some men start talking to me older men over 50 some under 40 but mostly older men start talking to me and start getting friendly like getting close to me. I just wanted to know if thats normal. But what i mean by friendly is getting to close to me and buying me drinks and putting there hang on me. And the thing this is not a gay bar.

aninnymouse

Cherished Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Liquid courage.

Seriously, alcohol loosens inhibitions, even the ones about "oh, straight guys don't interract like that." So, they have a few, the inhibitions drop, and....voila.

Plus, some people are just naturally tactile like that, but normally not with strangers. See again, alcohol.

coolduder

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
i was at a bar and this older man around mid 50s starts talking to me and starts talking about how he travels to La and other places. Then i start to tell i like going places to and then he starts buying me a drinks and he tells me there is a better bar near by and we went to drink more lol,

aninnymouse

Cherished Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
i was at a bar and this older man around mid 50s starts talking to me and starts talking about how he travels to La and other places. Then i start to tell i like going places to and then he starts buying me a drinks and he tells me there is a better bar near by and we went to drink more lol,

Sounds like he's gay or bi, and was coming on to you. Lotta guys do that, especially if they've got good gaydar.

D

deleted3782

I had a friend once who was wound tight and very controlled...but a little beer was the only excuse he needed for him to let go. Literally...a few sips, and his pants hit the floor. Good times.

latin_cock

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
but iam masculine and how would he know i like guys or into guys if i have never told him?

Maybe you are not as masculine as you think. I am sure some gay guys have a very good gaydar or he was taking a shot and since he was tipsy he didn't mind being rejected

rayray

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Abot 8 years ago a buddy and i were sitting in a straight bar in Sarasota on main street, him and i were drinking pitchers of beer and having a quiet normal conversation.After a while a guy came in and sat next to me, he was wearing a baseball cap and i could'nt see what he looked like. I was getting quite liquid and after a while i said hi to him. I was being bold from the beer and once we started to talk i asked him to take his cap off so i could see what he looked like..I forgot i told him i hoped he did'nt mind sitting next to to two gay men in a straight bar and he just smiled.Much to my surprise he was VGL and he said that he had an argument with his GF and then mentioned that he was Bi,I then said to him why dont we take the party to my apartment and to my surprise he said okay and my buddy smiled and said i will see you later.I know i took a big risk but i am a pretty good judge of character and had nothing but strong sexual vibes,,Anyway it ended up being one of my best partners for a one night stand.He showed up the next day where i worked and had lunch and he and said his GF had made up..He was a once in a life time for me,,I never saw him again after that..

HeBop

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I live in a small town and have a bar I frequent. Everyone knows I am gay and I have noticed that some of the guys do get alot more friendly later in the night. Sometimes I think they are just waiting for me to make a move. I never have because I don't want to be uncomfortable around them after the fact.

B_Hung Jon

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'm not sure that being super friendly is necessarily sexual for most straight guys. When they lose their inhibitions, they just tend to want to connect at some level. It doesn't mean they want to have sex. We're all looking for warmth and companionship. It's a part of being human. I've had many guys act as if they're coming on to me when in reality it's just a way to be together in a brotherly fashion. Accept it for what it is whatever the outcome.

B_Nick8

Cherished Member
Media
New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I'm not sure that being super friendly is necessarily sexual for most straight guys. When they lose their inhibitions, they just tend to want to connect at some level. It doesn't mean they want to have sex. We're all looking for warmth and companionship. It's a part of being human. I've had many guys act as if they're coming on to me when in reality it's just a way to be together in a brotherly fashion. Accept it for what it is whatever the outcome.

This.

drabman

Expert Member
Media
People get over-friendly when drunk, but it's not necessarily a sexual thing.

I suspect in many cases you're simply misreading the signals. If you're gay and you interact with an attractive man, I imagine that sexual attraction is in your mind at some level, in the same way that I believe it's rare for a heterosexual man to have a 100% sexually neutral interaction with an attractive woman - even if it's only 0.1%, there's often some element of sexuality there. That consciously or subconsciouly influences the way you inte, in the rpret the behaviour of other men.

Remember that a straight guy won't be thinking about you in a sexual way and ambiguous actions are more likely to be innocent than sexually motivated. For example you often see managers of sports teams pat players on the backside when they get substituted or whatnot - I really don't think there's anything sexual about that.

Last edited:

coveryerteeth

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
but iam masculine and how would he know i like guys or into guys if i have never told him?
Maybe you are not as masculine as you think. I am sure some gay guys have a very good gaydar or he was taking a shot and since he was tipsy he didn't mind being rejected

Door #2. Most definitely.

You think all the drunk straight guys in bars slobbering all over any hot girl that won't run away when they try to talk to them bothers to stop and think, "Gee. Maybe I shouldn't hit on this sexy lady. She might be a lesbian?"

Gay guys and straight guys are not two separate species. In general, we all operate the same way. We see someone that turns us on. We strike up a conversation with that person in the hope that it will lead to naked, sweaty fun time.

If no one ever dared to throw something up against the wall to see what sticks, no one would ever get laid.

Digressing from this specific point to comment on the larger topic, I continue to be astounded at this pervasive belief that a man who identifies as straight must be 100% opposed to any kind of shared affection between men at all times or else they're really gay and deluding themselves. I would think that anyone who's bothered to spend so much as one afternoon observing human behavior would realize what an absurd proposition that really is.

I'm beginning to wonder if a large percentage of Americans are secretly raising their children in plastic bubbles. :tongue:

Also, I find myself wondering how many beers it takes to get exwhyzee's pants to hit the floor.