Why do some women go all crazy?

Discussion in 'Women's Issues' started by Jovial, Nov 2, 2007.

1. Jovial

Gold Member

Albums:
    In the thread http://www.lpsg.org/64312-anyone-here-have-family-member.html a lot of people brought up their crazy mother. So it got me wondering, why do some women go all crazy? It's one of my fears about getting married, that she would be all nice in the beginning, but go crazy after a few years.

So I want to hear stories about women that are or became all crazy, and why you think that happened. I think a lot of times it's related to sex.

Thanks

2. SpoiledPrincess

Gold Member

Women go crazy after a few years of marriage because they married a man :)

I don't think women go crazy after a few years of marriage, often it takes a few years before the chinks in a marriage start showing up and the wife would probably think the husband was crazy, when you're both feeling you're the one who's in the right, the injured party, it's natural to gloss over your part in the break down of a marriage and to choose to say the other partner is crazy.

3. Jovial

Gold Member

Albums:
    SP, I agree that a lot of men become crazy in their own way, and there could be another thread about that. And it's not just married women.

But I think sex and love affects women more and certain events can emotionally damage women. It can be losing love, being deeply in love, getting cheated on or getting dumped. It just causes some women to act crazy.

Here's an mild example. I knew a girl that had a boyfriend and she was all "in love" and stuff. I guess he wasn't because he broke up with her. They were only together for about a year or so. Then she got all crazy. She started hitting on a bunch of guys I knew and none of them liked her. It was like her self esteem was broken. She moved away shortly after that and I don't know what happened to her.

Is it just that some people can't deal with these things that come up in life?

4. SpoiledPrincess

Gold Member

I think that a lot of people now don't deal with life as well as they used to, they seem to have no inner resources, instead of just moping a bit and getting on with things, now it's consult a self help book, get therapy, decide that your life is over. Don't take any responsibility for what happened and don't take any responsibility for getting over what happened, make it someone else's job to get you over it. On the whole we're bringing up people that can't deal with lifes ups and downs, this ties in with Osiris's thread about whatever happened to common decency, people aren't what they used to be and I really don't know why. Maybe parents of my generation and the generation slightly older just made it too easy for our kids, they never went in need of anything, they didn't have any hard times, so they don't have any experience of how to handle disappointment or pain.

You say sex and love affects and can damage women more but that's just a general symptom of the way they react to life in general, and can cause them to act crazily, but men are acting like nuts too, we're turning out men who go on drive by shootings for fun, serial killers by the dozen, society is just failing on all counts at the moment.

I dunno really.

5. The Dragon

The Dragon New Member

Jovial, I've said it once and I'm going to say it again, your a sweet, sweet guy and I'm sure there is a sweet sane girl for you!! (lucky lass!!!)
    I don't blame you for not wanting to get involved with an unstable person.
    It's hard to find some one who isn't going to try to make you pay for the sins of their last partner.
    I would suggest that what you should look for is a mature out look in a person, one who can and does move on with life and dosen't have a bitter outlook on life and doesn't harp on about how "he did me wrong".
    While I'm aware that every one has rough patches in their lives, the ones who can bounce back with little baggage are the ones who make the best partners and avoid ones who engage in pity parties.
    Let them work out their issues on someone elses time
    Dragonfly

6. B_Think_Kink

B_Think_Kink New Member

hormones.... older women have tons of them.

7. Jovial

Gold Member

Albums:
    Thanks Dragonfly. I'm not too worried about marrying someone that's unstable, but I didn't intend this thread to be about me. I liked some of the stories in the thread that I had linked to in my original post. There were some stories about mothers that made their children angry all the time. I could relate because my mother had some issues. I don't think people start out like that. Life just deals them some rough times that they can't deal with. But I'm not sure if we can predict who can deal with problems well.

Maybe I just have a sick fascination with stories about irrational people. I just can't understand them. I wonder what happened to these mothers, wives or girlfriends that set them off.

8. B_cigarbabe

B_cigarbabe New Member

Try checking out some of the Abnormal psych books if you like those kind of stories.
    Edmund Kemper is an excellent case study, of a neurotic mother who horribly, damaged her son forever.
    Fascinating case.
    cigarbabe:saevil:

9. No_Strings

Gold Member

The 'M' word. (And it ain't marriage.) Crazy bitches. :biggrin1:

10. kazooplayer

kazooplayer New Member

I think a mans response to life's stresses would be to shut off and try to get away from people, while women - not always, but generally - will get more involved in peoples lives, more emotionally attached to things. The cliche image of the neurotic mother and the distant father is cliche for a reason.

11. the_reverend

Gold Member

women are crazy. men are dumb. the sooner you accept this fundamental fact of existence, the happier you'll be. :p

12. Principessa

Gold Member

Nope you are way off base. If it's related to sex it is the lack of sex or a man who doesnt know a clitoris from a crankshaft. The kind of guy that just hops on. He only does missionary and maybe doggy, he thinks foreplay is 5 minutes of sloppy wet kisses, and groping our breasts like a nerfball on a windy day. Then he proceeds to pound away like a jackrabbit for 5-8 minutes, cums, rolls over, then goes to sleep snoring loudly.

Yes, that is part of it. The other is the world is a different and much faster place than 50 years ago.

IMO, the rules of dating etiquette have been grossly blurred and in some cases eradicated. No man should be allowed to date a woman indefinetely. You should be able to figure out if she is the one in 8-10 months. If you can't figure it out then she is not "the one!" If at the end of 10 months you can't see yourself growing old with her, having children, making a home and a life, then you have to break up. The break up should be done in person at the mans home. No stupid cliches are allowed.

If she is the one and you stay together, then by the 18-24 month mark a nice engagement ring should be presented. Breaking up after the 2 year mark is of course allowed but should have a severe penalty. Maybe a 10% pay cut for 5 months.:smile: It needs to hit the man where it will hurt the most.

13. Principessa

Gold Member

You made many excellent points SP good show gurl! :smile:

NOTE: I hope these last 2 posts didn't sound angry I'm not. It is a topic about which I have thought a great deal lately so perhaps I am passionate and emphatic in my statements. :smile:

14. snoozan

Gold Member

Does anyone else find this whole thread to be offensive? This is posted as if men don't, for example, act loving and close at the beginning and then turn into money-obsessed carreer junkies after a few years.

Please, it's not just women who fail to keep up their end of a relationship, especially if she's shouldering the responsibility of running a household, caring for children, and having a career herself.

Both partners need to hold up their end of the bargain and actively work on a marriage/relationship the entire time it lasts. I'm sorry if this is an overgeneralization, but I've seen more men get lazy in relationships than women. Maybe that's what women are responding to when they "go crazy."

In my case, I really did "go crazy" after I'd been married for about 5 years, and yet, my husband is still here, still happy, still loving and nice, and we have a beautiful, sweet young son. Rather than run either physically or emotionally at the first sign of trouble, he invested himself into seeing me get well. That's what real men do. We have a strong marriage because of that, not in spite of it.

15. Sinten

Sinten New Member

really? my friend's ex-wife begs to differ. people change radically and usually for the worst when they're married. ill die cold and alone, but at least i wont be crazy

16. SpoiledPrincess

Gold Member

I don't think NJ was tarring everyone with the same brush Kotch, but when we're answering it can get a little tiresome having to qualify everything we say with 'some people', 'some parents', 'sometimes', there are still good parents out there but a lot of the parents out there are people who didn't have any guidance from their own parents. I've done a great job with my kids (I don't like to brag but there it is) and when they were younger and even now their friends often come to me for advice simply because they can't ask their own parents, it's not that they can't communicate with their parents in some cases, it's simply that they don't believe their parents are able to answer their questions. Mothers have to work now, but I believe the ideal situation is for a woman to be able to stay at home with her kids until the kids are of school age at least, and I think all governments should make this possible for women, those early years are the most important in a kids life and they should be with the person with whom they have the most important bond, their mother. Of course some mothers manage to pull it off, they work, they make a good home and they manage to bring up their kids with a good set of values - but at what cost to themselves, effectively they're doing two jobs and why should they have to, our kids are the most valuable things we have and we're letting them down because most women are forced to spread themselves too thinly.

17. Principessa

Gold Member

<----- Uhmm, clearly you have never been to New Jersey. :tongue: That's pretty much standard operating behavior after a break-up, divorce; and May 30th to Sept. 1st down the shore.:biggrin1::tongue::smile:

There should be more moms like you, Kotch, TTM, Synsatiable69, SassySpy, CigarBabe. I know CB doesn't have children but she definetely has the chops for it.:cool:

18. Not_Punny

Gold Member

Albums:
    TK was right -- it is hormones.

But it isn't the "famous" hormones -- it's a little-publicized one: thyroxine (thyroid hormone).

People with hypothyroidism (approximately 5&#37; of the population, but especially prevalent in post menopausal women) suffer all sorts of mental problems -- depression and crazy mood swings.

You see, when a woman gets (a) overweight and/or (b) ceases to ovulate (and thus produce progesterone, the hormone that counters and balances estrogren) then...

* gasp! *

... the excess estrogen causes the body to produce thyroxine binding globulin (TBS), which reduces the amount of thyroid hormone circulating in the blood = weight gain, swelling of feet/ankles, depression, and erratic moods.

So -- if you help your gal watch her hormone levels (ALL of them -- thyroid, testosterone, progesterone, estrogen, EPO, etc. etc.) she will not only never get fat, but she will never lose her libido or get all nasty on you.

I think regular blood tests for hormone levels ought to be a mandatory clause in prenuptial agreements for all couples.

:wink::wink::wink:

PS: Some people, however, just seem to be born evil. Nothing you can do about that. But usually, you know if someone is evil or not BEFORE you marry them.

19. 36DD

Gold Member

Albums:

20. Jovial

Gold Member

Albums:
    I didn't intend this thread to be offensive. If I was better at writing maybe I could have worded it to not come across that way.

I agree that men have plenty of problems, and I'm the first to call them out when they don't act with integrity, decency and maturity. The man in a woman's life can act pretty stupid and cause her to get crazy. I think some men go into marriage and start a family and get in too deep emotionally before they realize they can't handle their career and family. Then they emotionally check out.

My father didn't seem to have the emotional skills to handle raising a family which made my mother somewhat crazy. I've spent a lot of time thinking about this and I'm pretty confident that I won't repeat my father's mistakes. But still I wonder if something beyond my control would affect my (future) wife, and I worry about that. For example, if a child dies some mothers can never get past it and accept it. I'm mostly concerned with not putting the children through years of seeing parents with emotional problems. Overall, I don't think it was too good for me. The only good thing about it is that it made me think about what it takes to be a husband and raise a family correctly.

hotmilf, thanks for your comments. They appeal to my scientific side. :cool: My mother did have a hypothyroid problem.

Draft saved Draft deleted