Why do straight guys always think gay guys are coming on to them?

bastige

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
i was just talking to a friend tonight about a subject along these lines. i don't think it's safe to say that straight guys ALWAYS think that gay guys are coming on to them, but it happens. a lot. i live in west hollywood and most of my friends are gay and i'm straight. i have had more than my fair share of gay guys come on to me knowing full well that i'm straight. that, as my gay friend said tonight, is more a lack of respect than anything else. and how does a person respect another person when they can't feel self-respect? that's not to say that lack of self-respect is unique to gay men. i think that a lot of people these days are clueless about respect, self-respect and boundaries in general. i have had lesbians come on to me and although i find that a bit confusing, i think it might be part of the same pattern. coming on to someone else can easily be inappropriate, whether they prefer your gender or not. it's just a matter of being a dick or not being a dick. that, in my opinion can have a lot to do with both timing, and not having that last drink. yam sane?

D_Coyne Toss

Expert Member
Media
The ones who think that each gay guy us coming to them do the same with girls, I guess... Egocentrism and unbeatable self esteem.

Do you remember Shania Twain's "That Don't Impress Me Much?"

I've never hit on a straight guy, I imagine It'd make some guys feel uncomfortable around me and thats not too cool, Though I am openly bi If anyone asks,
Hell I've even had a few curious guys end up hitting on me.