why do straight guys do this?

Ringworm?

I've never had ring worm before - my sympathies to you!

Jock itch is nothing more than athletes foot in the crotch area. It itches like hell and could be the reason why guys are "adjusting" themselves - to relieve the itch.

BigDallasDick8x6

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
The topic originator must have a difficult time watching Base Ball games on TV. The players are always adjusting.

A commedienne on TV one time said about a baseball player, "I don't mind a quick scratch, but this guy was out there taking inventory!" LOL

B_Lewis1

Experimental Member
Media
I for one, believe that a man does not do it becuse of sexual orientation. or for turning someone on, or getting their attention.
I believe that adjusting ones self while in front of other or in a public setting is simply rude.

Why is it rude?

If your back itches its okay to scratch in public
if your arm itches its okay to scratch in public
if your head itches its okay to scratch in public

but if your dick itches its rude?

why cause you automaticly assume someone is masturbating or just playing with themselves?

i dont see no other reason why not scratch like you would the rest of your body unless you think there is some huge sexual underlining to it

shat it up

B_dxjnorto

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Why is it rude? <snip> i dont see no other reason why not scratch like you would the rest of your body unless you think there is some huge sexual underlining to it
I wouldn't think of it as sexual, although sometimes it can be. Like the Madonna thing. In a normal setting it can be done too much, then it can be kinda weird. I'll always remember this guy who was training me on a job and he diggled himself literally every few minutes. I think it was completely unconscious. That's one of the reasons I say it could be a cut guy thing. Just that background irritation so familiar that it is more noticeable by its absence.

dc9

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I adjust discreetly; but I do remember growing up in NJ, it was a cultural kind of thing to grab your dick in front of your buddies. Nothing sexual, it was a macho thing to do.
I always thought that the guys who constantly adjusted didn't have much down there and were just doing the big macho, look at me thing.
I often wonder watching young guys todays, who wear their pants beloow their knees and the constantly hold their dicks. Is this to hold their pants up? Is it a right of passage, am I too fucking old to understand? LOL
(Good topic btw)

sdbg

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
It works this way for me:

Cycling shorts or briefs - need to adjust often as my dick and balls get squashed in the crotch and need to be lifted up

Boxers or freeball - no adjustment necessary

bigboy9239

Superior Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I agree....I have never thought about the fact of a guy being gay or whatever...we're all guys for christ sakes.

:rolleyes:

That's funny that you think a straight man would do something like this just for attention.

I for one can tell you I will adjust myself less discretely around a bunch of men in public then I would if there were children or women around just because of the fact that they are men and I don't feel the need to be as discrete especially if it's really irritating at the moment. Now if some guy around me thinks I'm doing that to get some attention from him or to sexually turn him on that's his prerogative and also says a lot about his mindset if he goes around thinking, "yah, that guy did that because he knew a gay guy was around."

Sometimes things are just what it is and you shouldn't put to much thought into it.

Lancered

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
I was reading this thread yesterday afternoon and was walking out in the evening. I was on a residential road near a sports complex. As I walked I saw two guys in white polo shirt and baggy shorts walking towards me. I was at least 1 minute away from them and they appeared to be talking. I assumed that htey had been working out at the sports centre and were on their way home. However, I noticed that one of the guys had his hand over his crotch. Just adjusting himself after all the exercise I thought, but it continued for some time and then they both stopped and both guys turned to look back, one with his hand still over his crotch. It was only as I walked past them as they were standing looking back at another guy doing streches on the side that I noticed that he was not adjusting himself; he was holding his cock which looked thick but I couldn't tell how long it was. Both were completely oblivious that I was even gazing at this hand holding a thick cock.

Don't know if he was straight or not, but they certainly did not know me, so I have no idea what he was doing walking down a fairly busy road when it was not dark either holding his great cock!

thebigsam

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
yes they know im gay and they do it in front of me! this guy i work with does it everytime! i dont like him and hes fat and old..i wish he would stop would it be rude to point it out?