Why do straight men enjoy fighting so much?

Mule

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
You don't need proof and and you don't need stats an you don't need scientific evidence.

A lack of critical thinking ability and information literacy is at the root of the bigotry of which you have undoubtedly been on the receiving end. See current state of political affairs in the US for what this kind of attitude gets you.

Reactions: Hockeytiger

Galloper

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yes they can get quite physical ( and that is an understatement). Had a friend that use to be a bouncer at a lesbian bar and the stories he would tell me was crazy LOL
Once i attended a wedding while in the same city there was a national women`s congress. Some of these women were at the same hotel where I was. I can`t say if they were straight or not, but one was saying to others how they kicked others women`s asses in one of the meetings just because they didn`t agree in one of the meeting`s topics. Is just an example, not saying that all women are like that.

Reactions: find83

alex-xx

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
A lack of critical thinking ability and information literacy is at the root of the bigotry of which you have undoubtedly been on the receiving end. See current state of political affairs in the US for what this kind of attitude gets you.

It's a mistake to be Mr Impeccably Nice. There IS truth in stereotypes, you just have to be careful not to apply them to people who clearly don't fit them. For instance I would never lump my gay friends who are all great people with someone like Dan Savage or Boy George who are both degenerates.

socalfreak

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
These are not stereotypes darling. Maybe you should stop using PC for the purpose of denying a common sense fact and maybe you should read my argument again and try and see if you're actually capable of understanding it.
I don't need you to worry about me allegedly looking foolish and desperate....
I know how WE feel....just like you know how straight guys tend to think about stuff.
Yes, I am making judgements and that's not necessarily a bad thing.
Lmao.
Yes... They are stereotypes.
You know how YOU feel. That's it.
Get over yourself.
And, no, I can't speak to how other straight males think or feel.
I can only speak for myself. That's it.
Once you are able to grasp that single common sense fact, things will get easier for you.
And try this on for size...

It was born in San Francisco...I enjoy yoga, cooking for my SO, theater, opera, ballet...I have Lady Gaga & Ricky Martin on my workout music..... And, I live in one of the most gay friendly cities in America.
And I'm totally straight.
*Gasp*
But wait!!
How can that be??
Because, according to you, I'm supposed to have a "different mindset" and like different things.
I'm picturing you sitting in front of your computer with a completely puzzled look on your face.
And, as far as your alleged experience...
Horseshit.
The police get called to gay clubs just as much as straight ones, per reporting stats from most major cities.
Oh wait.. I'm sorry. I forgot.. Stats scare you
Give it a rest.

alex-xx

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Lmao.
Yes... They are stereotypes, dipshit.
Get over yourself.
Once you are able to grasp that single common sense fact, things will get easier for you.
And try this on for size, retard...

It was born in San Francisco...I enjoy yoga, cooking for my SO, theater, opera, ballet...I have Lady Gaga & Ricky Martin on my workout music..... And, I live in one of the most gay friendly cities in America.
*Gasp*
But wait!!
How can that be??
Because, according to you, I'm supposed to have a "different mindset" and like different things.
I'm picturing you sitting in front of your computer with a completely puzzled look on your face.
Horseshit.
The police get called to gay clubs just as much as straight ones, per reporting stats from most major cities.
Give it a rest, ya mental pygmy.

OK Mr Unable to Think Outside PC Notions.
And you're reported.

Ed69

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Lmao.
Yes... They are stereotypes, dipshit.
Get over yourself.
And try this on for size, retard...

*Gasp*
But wait!!
How can that be??
Horseshit.
Give it a rest, ya mental pygmy.
Sorry for the derail,but when you said Ricky! Love this track for workouts.

Mule

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
It's a mistake to be Mr Impeccably Nice. There IS truth in stereotypes, you just have to be careful not to apply them to people who clearly don't fit them. For instance I would never lump my gay friends who are all great people with someone like Dan Savage or Boy George who are both degenerates.

I'm astonished at your ability to be both wrong AND totally miss my point at the same time.

Reactions: socalfreak

MHTACH

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I get wanting to hit someone that disrespects you but straight guys just seem to like fighting in general...often times they deliberately cause fake drama in bars and clubs just so they can get into a fight.

Because it's fun. I box and do some martial arts, and I do it because it's fun, other reasons... Good exercise ect... If you mean street fighting... It's extremely satistfy to whip someone's ass, as long as they disserve it. People who go picking fights as bullies are just douche bags who needs a constant ego boost.

Reactions: find83

Chrysippus

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
And I mean physical fighting in case it wasn't clear enough.
posted in Why do Straight Men Enjoy Fighting So Much?

You should have specified 'it seems to me' or 'in my opinion' or 'where I live' when you asked your thread-topic question. I would be curious to learn why you think that straight men enjoy fighting and that gay men do not? After all, the Sacred Band of Thebes was an immortalized mythical fighting unit of 150 pairs of gay men. Straight men have no such mythology.
Look up 'the sacred band', or 'the battle of Leuctra' or Ἱερὸς Λόχος

Reactions: hunghorse30

alex-xx

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
posted in Why do Straight Men Enjoy Fighting So Much?

You should have specified 'it seems to me' or 'in my opinion' or 'where I live' when you asked your thread-topic question. I would be curious to learn why you think that straight men enjoy fighting and that gay men do not? After all, the Sacred Band of Thebes was an immortalized mythical fighting unit of 150 pairs of gay men. Straight men have no such mythology.
Look up 'the sacred band', or 'the battle of Leuctra' or Ἱερὸς Λόχος

They were not gay. That's a misconception that a lot of straight people have. There are people who are actually gay and then there are straight people who sleep around with the same sex a bit because they have SOME bi tendencies or because they just need sexual relief and since they can't get a woman a male body is better than no body at all (i.e. they imagine they're having sex with a woman while they do it). For instance a lot of men in prison have sex with other males because they have no access to females but that doesn't make them gay or even bi. As for the ancient Greeks in particular, they were pederasts (which is not quite the same thing as pedophilia) not gay.

Again, being gay or straight is not just about the sex of the people you sleep with. That's just 50% of the story. Being gay and straight is a 'category' of person....the way you're wired mentally.

Chrysippus

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
They were not gay. That's a misconception that a lot of straight people have. There are people who are actually gay and then there are straight people who sleep around with the same sex a bit because they have SOME bi tendencies or because they just need sexual relief and since they can't get a woman a male body is better than no body at all (i.e. they imagine they're having sex with a woman while they do it). For instance a lot of men in prison have sex with other males because they have no access to females but that doesn't make them gay or even bi. As for the ancient Greeks in particular, they were pederasts (which is not quite the same thing as pedophilia) not gay.

Again, being gay or straight is not just about the sex of the people you sleep with. That's just 50% of the story. Being gay and straight is a 'category' of person....the way you're wired mentally.

Not so: these men were bonded pairs. Good luck to you.

alex-xx

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Not so: these men were bonded pairs. Good luck to you.

That's because it was male camaraderie. For instance the prison hookups that I was talking about develop into a relationship too sometimes and they have an emotional component to them but it's a friendship-love one not a romantic love one like they would feel for a woman and therefore they are NOT gay.

Chrysippus

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
alex-xx,

First you start a thread entitled 'Why do straight men enjoy fighting so much?'
When I replied with bringing up The 300 as an illustration that gay men have a myth of being physical fighters (as 'in battles')
you reply 'They were not gay. That's a misconception that a lot of straight people have.' You don't go on to prove or corroborate that this is a misconception. You go on to assert 'That's because it was male camaraderie.' There was indeed camaraderie among the three hundred, but you are dealing with what Greek philosophers and historians identify as sexually-bonded male pairs, each pair consisting of an erastes (ἐραστής) and an eroumenos (ἐρώμενος), which are the names for the roles of a homosexual male pair in Greek culture of the time. Sorry, but you offer no historical or anthropological evidence of 'camaraderie' only. Until you offer proof of your position that they were 'a buncha bros', you have no argument with supporting facts.

You derail yourself by adducing as 'facts' nothing that corroborates your initial position that straight men enjoy fighting so much: instead, you go off on prison sex, gender substitution in sex when one gender is not available, the difference between pederasty and pedophilia, etc: none of which has anything to do with your thread topic.

The last point you make is, well, an absurdity : 'they have an emotional component to them but it's a friendship-love one not a romantic love one like they would feel for a woman and therefore they are NOT gay.' They, The 300, could have had wives or female lovers that they left behind to go fight with their 'bros', only legend and history makes no mention of the women in their lives.

You are clearly adducing issues and making points that are not in any way germane to or supportive of your thread topic. You're exposing yourself as an emotional rather than a reasoned, logical thinker engaging in an argument with facts to support your topic.

I may be wrong, but you're clearly angry about misconceptions you think straight people have about gay people (your word, 'a misconception that a lot of straight people have'), but want to land a punch to straight men for your perceived notion that they love to fight.

I'm not going to reply to any subsequent reply from you: but again, good luck. Men who love to fight physically do not, I think, do so because of their sexual orientation, their testosterone levels, or because of the 'reptilian brain' still present in human beings. Loving to fight is most likely the result of factors like social conditioning, a love of physical fighting as a form of athleticism, a love of individual competition, proving one's physical strength in what the Greeks called an 'agon' or contest.There may be even some of the darker motivations for physical combat, of which I forgo mention. And I'm sure that out there somewhere, probably, are some gay men who like to fight physically with others.

alex-xx

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
alex-xx,

First you start a thread entitled 'Why do straight men enjoy fighting so much?'
When I replied with bringing up The 300 as an illustration that gay men have a myth of being physical fighters (as 'in battles')
you reply 'They were not gay. That's a misconception that a lot of straight people have.' You don't go on to prove or corroborate that this is a misconception. You go on to assert 'That's because it was male camaraderie.' There was indeed camaraderie among the three hundred, but you are dealing with what Greek philosophers and historians identify as sexually-bonded male pairs, each pair consisting of an erastes (ἐραστής) and an eroumenos (ἐρώμενος), which are the names for the roles of a homosexual male pair in Greek culture of the time. Sorry, but you offer no historical or anthropological evidence of 'camaraderie' only. Until you offer proof of your position that they were 'a buncha bros', you have no argument with supporting facts.

You derail yourself by adducing as 'facts' nothing that corroborates your initial position that straight men enjoy fighting so much: instead, you go off on prison sex, gender substitution in sex when one gender is not available, the difference between pederasty and pedophilia, etc: none of which has anything to do with your thread topic.

The last point you make is, well, an absurdity : 'they have an emotional component to them but it's a friendship-love one not a romantic love one like they would feel for a woman and therefore they are NOT gay.' They, The 300, could have had wives or female lovers that they left behind to go fight with their 'bros', only legend and history makes no mention of the women in their lives.

You are clearly adducing issues and making points that are not in any way germane to or supportive of your thread topic. You're exposing yourself as an emotional rather than a reasoned, logical thinker engaging in an argument with facts to support your topic.

I may be wrong, but you're clearly angry about misconceptions you think straight people have about gay people (your word, 'a misconception that a lot of straight people have'), but want to land a punch to straight men for your perceived notion that they love to fight.

I'm not going to reply to any subsequent reply from you: but again, good luck. Men who love to fight physically do not, I think, do so because of their sexual orientation, their testosterone levels, or because of the 'reptilian brain' still present in human beings. Loving to fight is most likely the result of factors like social conditioning, a love of physical fighting as a form of athleticism, a love of individual competition, proving one's physical strength in what the Greeks called an 'agon' or contest.There may be even some of the darker motivations for physical combat, of which I forgo mention. And I'm sure that out there somewhere, probably, are some gay men who like to fight physically with others.

Chrysippus,

The erasteses (or whatever the plural form is) were pederasts not homosexual. Go and do some reading, educate yourself, and learn the difference between the two. It doesn't matter that the eroumenons were male; that doesn't make them gay. They were heterosexual men who were attracted to teenage boys because of their FEMININE features.

And all the other facts and arguments that I brought up were perfectly pertinent to the discussion but you didn't understand any of them so you though I was derailing from the subject.....

And finally, yes, straight guys do tend to like fighting (and there's nothing necessarily wrong about that) while gay men tend not to. You can be in as much PC denial about this as you want to, it's not going to change reality.